Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 12:23   #826
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Here's a personal thought.

Can we restrict access for non-members? Sections like shifting gears & TBHP meets are meant for the bhpian family- where pics and opinions fly at large. I don't think non-members need to have access to the same.
Veyron, I see the sense in that. But it will be against the core values that this community was built on. We want the entire forum to be available and searchable to members & guests alike.

No need to register to view any sections at all.
Old 11th September 2007, 12:41   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
i have made so many mistakes in my post that it is embarrassing. more so it is distastefull to read something which is not written correctly

The preview post option is good if you want to see how your post looks/reads like & make changes before you post. Else just type it out in MS Word, copy paste it here, select the entire text & click on to remove formatting.
cheers
Old 11th September 2007, 15:04   #828
BHPian

Hi
I had read somewhere on the forum about "teamBHP" stickers for our cars.

I would like to have one on my Swift VDi as a tribute to the forum, to which I owe a lot for educating me on cars!

Any idea on how to get them. I am in Mumbai.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:38   #829
BHPian

Ceebee,

I have a few. I can send them if you can PM me your address.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:21   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Veyron, I see the sense in that. But it will be against the core values that this community was built on. We want the entire forum to be available and searchable to members & guests alike.
Understood. A valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I for one wouldn't support this move. Because I have seen many members sign up and attend the meets only after seeing the pics.
If people are signing up just for/because of the meets, they're signing up for all the wrong reasons. You sign up with TBHP to be part of a family, IMHO. A wheel-crazy, like minded family. What's the point in going to a TBHP meet if you don't know who the BHPians are? You're just meeting another guy....get the drift, Rahul?
Old 14th September 2007, 07:29   #831
BHPian

Hey, a quick chat applet, that's a great idea!!
Old 14th September 2007, 10:52   #832
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
If people are signing up just for/because of the meets, they're signing up for all the wrong reasons. You sign up with TBHP to be part of a family, IMHO. A wheel-crazy, like minded family. What's the point in going to a TBHP meet if you don't know who the BHPians are? You're just meeting another guy....get the drift, Rahul?
Atul, I prefer knowing a person by meeting him personally than interact with him behind the screens to build up that rapport (it avoids a lot of conflicts). I have seen a lot of accompanying friends of BHPians who have attended the meets and then joined the forum after seeing the fun we all have. That said, they do lurk around other parts of the forum. Not everyone is vocal, there are a lot of silent members who attend meets but do not post too much. That doesn't mean they aren't a part of the family. That said, it works both ways too.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:05   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure if this has been suggested before (and i am too lazy to go thru all the 55 pages in this thread :P )

Is it possible for users to get a PM everytime they are qouted in a thread?
Old 14th September 2007, 12:09   #834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is the first I'm hearing of such a suggestion. I don't think it is possible (GTO to confirm), but the next best thing would be to subscribe to threads you feel are important to you, and you will get an email every time there is a post in that thread.
Old 19th September 2007, 23:55   #835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hey, a quick chat applet, that's a great idea!!
Please read through this thread as we have discussed this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Great idea. Some of the suggestions in this thread are really valuable for the next version of the vBulletin software. We should start charging them consultancy fees

cya
R
Old 20th September 2007, 18:51   #836
Senior - BHPian

Hi all. Can we please have a separate section for "Driving techniques"?? The 'Technical section' seems to be flooded with driving queries. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2007, 10:13   #837
BANNED

Hi Mods,

Was just observing that by default whenever you send a PM the Save message option is ticked as ON thereby occupying valuable server space as well as individual mailbox quota's. Can it not be switched to OFF by default. Anyone who wants to save their PM's can always tick it.

Viper
Old 22nd September 2007, 14:40   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this error message when browsing back to the Fiat India's Unpaid Website Bill thread.

Old 22nd September 2007, 15:04   #839
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Hi all. Can we please have a separate section for "Driving techniques"?? The 'Technical section' seems to be flooded with driving queries. Thanks.
A better solution to this would be an Article on "driving (safe, techniques etc)" in the Team-BHP Advice section. Someone else had also suggested the same to me and we are working on it. Our forum already has a good number of sections and we really think hard before creating a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Got this error message when browsing back to the Fiat India's Unpaid Website Bill thread.
Simple solution : Remove the "s" from the web address. I use http"s" secure login. To know more about it, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Mods,

Was just observing that by default whenever you send a PM the Save message option is ticked as ON thereby occupying valuable server space as well as individual mailbox quota's. Can it not be switched to OFF by default. Anyone who wants to save their PM's can always tick it.

Viper
Dont worry about the space, Viper. We have recently upgraded our server (mega size hard disk included) and currently use only about 10% of the disk storage.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:09   #840
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
In addition to what GTO has replied to this, i dont think this is a bad thing, having the Save option checked by default. Last thing you would want is that some important PM which you sent, you realize after sending that you hadnt clicked the 'Save' option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks