Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 14:29   #946
BHPian

When we click on 'New Posts', all the threads which have been newly replied, gets displayed. But the problem is that, we are not sure where we left last time. So, we have to browse the entire thread post-by-post and it becomes a head-ache if its a highly active thread.

Is it possible to do in such a manner that, when we click the thread title, it goes directly to the last viewed post?

For eg: lets say, i was viewing 2300th post in The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here. when i left TBHP yesterday and now its 2330 posts. But if i view that thread today, it will start at 2330th post.

Can we do it such that, it goes to 2300th post directly?
Old 31st December 2007, 14:52   #947
Senior - BHPian

Another suggestion - Why domake it compulsary to water mark all images or spy pics taken by members before posting. This way when magazines like autocar rob the spy pics, they give credit to team-bhp.

Recently they robbed the Swift Sedan Pic taken by a fellow bhpian
Old 31st December 2007, 14:58   #948
Senior - BHPian

I think This is individual's responcibility to Mark the pics uploaded by them. I dont think many would be happy to have photos clicked by them to be marked as TBhp.

Or May be it can be marked as
Team-Bhp - Pic Taken\posted by <membername>
Old 31st December 2007, 15:20   #949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Can we do it such that, it goes to 2300th post directly?
Arif_t01,

This has been discussed in this thread before (i think mclaren gave the reply).
Basically, if you click on the little arrow next to the thread name, it will take you to the post you last read! (only problem is it doesnt work on my browser )

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
This way when magazines like autocar rob the spy pics, they give credit to team-bhp.

Recently they robbed the Swift Sedan Pic taken by a fellow bhpian
We have been discussing this recently in Support, and are trying to find a way around this.
But for the moment, as Technocrat said, it would be great if members watermarked their own images / send to the mods for watermarking before posting any "scoop" pictures.

Also, do note, that just because it was a TBHPian who posted the photo on TBHP, it doesnt mean that they themselves havent sent the pic to ACI as well. However, a watermark will make sure that that is the only possible way that others can get pictures.

cya
R
Old 31st December 2007, 15:42   #950
Senior - BHPian

@Rehaan: On 2nd thoughts there is indeed a way to this. When a member uploads an image in his Gallery the picture gets marked with Team Bhp.

Isn't it possible to come up with an images section for such pics only, where in exclusive pics should be uploaded & the url of this marked pic then be posted in the thread?
Old 31st December 2007, 18:29   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, do note, that just because it was a TBHPian who posted the photo on TBHP, it doesnt mean that they themselves havent sent the pic to ACI as well.
Yes some people do send it to magazines, buttttttttttt i have seen loads of blog having the images in around 2 hours of the pic being posted on team-bhp.
Old 1st January 2008, 21:54   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Arif_t01,

This has been discussed in this thread before (i think mclaren gave the reply).
Basically, if you click on the little arrow next to the thread name, it will take you to the post you last read! (only problem is it doesnt work on my browser )
Is it equivalent to 'View first Unread' link? I saw that this link somehow doesn't work as expected, it many times takes me to post that was already read. At worse, it takes me to a post which appeared few posts before my post , I would expect atleast it should take me to my last post in the thread.

How does this arrow thing work? Does it take to new post since our last login?
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:07   #953
BHPian

Could it be made mandatory for a newbie to go through the forum rules and regulations on how to post. Basically like a FAQ section with Tips and Information to avoid double or similar threads, SMS language and More than One smily option.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:51   #954
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Could it be made mandatory for a newbie to go through the forum rules and regulations on how to post. Basically like a FAQ section with Tips and Information to avoid double or similar threads, SMS language and More than One smily option.
Sweet suggestion, But the problem with compulsory terms and conditions is that, people only tick on the "I Agree" box and move on (myself included). When a member sees the rules being actually enforced, thats when it makes a difference.

I think we are doing a fairly good job of spreading the awareness of our board rules. Our board rules have been viewed nearly 17,000 times, which is not too far from our total member base. Plus most introductions have someone or the other pointing the new member toward the board rules. Our moderator activities and warnings are pretty visible to anyone reading the forum too.

Thanks for a great suggestion nevertheless, wolfinstein
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:47   #955
BHPian

I am sure it must have been discussed here in the forum, but let me ask you agian: Shall we have a custom made team-bhp.com sticker for the windshelds? There must have been many TBHP stickers already existing or many would have some idea in their mind about the same. We can have a design competition and select few best designs out of the crowd.

the shortlisted one's can be published on our site for a user poll. The winning sticker can be made as offical team bhp sticker.what admins think about it ?
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:43   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sweet suggestion, But the problem with compulsory terms and conditions is that, people only tick on the "I Agree" box and move on (myself included). When a member sees the rules being actually enforced, thats when it makes a difference.

I think we are doing a fairly good job of spreading the awareness of our board rules. Our board rules have been viewed nearly 17,000 times, which is not too far from our total member base. Plus most introductions have someone or the other pointing the new member toward the board rules. Our moderator activities and warnings are pretty visible to anyone reading the forum too.

Thanks for a great suggestion nevertheless, wolfinstein
Very true. Additionally, right after the newbie registration completes, can the rules/announcements forum be displayed? At least he'll be aware of it. Not everyone will post introduction, at least I didn't.
Old 4th January 2008, 13:36   #957
Senior - BHPian

Hotchillypaper - Official team-bhp stickers are already here, long time back. Get in touch with Rudra Sir and he will tell you whom to buzz for the stickers.

@ GTO - When anyone registers on the site, you can automatically send a PM to the new member with the board rules. This way whenever someone registers he will get a PM from the Support Staff with the board rules.

Last edited by BUSA : 4th January 2008 at 13:38.
Old 4th January 2008, 17:33   #958
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
I am sure it must have been discussed here in the forum, but let me ask you agian: Shall we have a custom made team-bhp.com sticker for the windshelds?
Hold on a wee bit longer; Me and Rudra are in discussion to introduce a formal distribution system for stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Very true. Additionally, right after the newbie registration completes, can the rules/announcements forum be displayed? At least he'll be aware of it. Not everyone will post introduction, at least I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
@ GTO - When anyone registers on the site, you can automatically send a PM to the new member with the board rules. This way whenever someone registers he will get a PM from the Support Staff with the board rules.
Thanks BUSA. I have edited the Welcome PM to include a link to the Board Rules.
Old 4th January 2008, 18:13   #959
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if its possible, can the T-BHP website be GPRS/WAP enabled?

Most of us with GPRS cell-phones can then access T-BHP on the move.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:08   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of us with GPRS cell-phones can then access T-BHP on the move.
I can access Team-bhp threw GPRS, i am sure even you can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks