Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 19:45   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I can access Team-bhp threw GPRS, i am sure even you can.
When I try to access T-BHP on my GPRS mobile, I get the error 'Page not found!'
Old 4th January 2008, 21:07   #962
JPL
BHPian

Can we have a very basic chat system implemented either on the forum or outside the forum software with user integration, something like that..
Old 4th January 2008, 21:36   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Can we have a very basic chat system implemented either on the forum or outside the forum software with user integration, something like that..
It was raised many times and since no relevance is seen, won't be implemented.
Old 4th January 2008, 21:39   #964
Senior - BHPian

Finneyp - It works perfectly for me on my iPhone.
Old 5th January 2008, 12:48   #965

About the web page. If we can move the logo at the top to some other place (possible to the middle of the row with bread crumbs, or as watermark on the web page), we can save everyone about 1 inch of vertical scrolling
Old 5th January 2008, 14:33   #966
Senior - BHPian

I got it, I am able to access when I point to: team-bhp.com, instead of team-bhp.com/forum which gives the error 'Page not found!'.

But it is cumbersome to read the site on cell-phone, as it needs lot of scrolling vertically & horizontally.
Old 6th January 2008, 12:09   #967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@Rehaan: On 2nd thoughts there is indeed a way to this. When a member uploads an image in his Gallery the picture gets marked with Team Bhp.
Hi Technocrat,

We had discussed this earlier in Support, however, at the moment we have provided an alternative solution >

HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alli.gator View Post
About the web page. If we can move the logo at the top to some other place (possible to the middle of the row with bread crumbs, or as watermark on the web page), we can save everyone about 1 inch of vertical scrolling
Heres a workaround >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post426578

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
But it is cumbersome to read the site on cell-phone, as it needs lot of scrolling vertically & horizontally.
What browser/phone are you using>
Suggestions 1 and 2 might apply >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post639869

cya
R
Old 8th January 2008, 09:41   #968
BHPian

When I tried to post a comment in the Photo Gallery, The Plus sign(+) was not reflecting in the message. Is it a bug or something purposely done?
Old 8th January 2008, 10:32   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got it, I am able to access when I point to: team-bhp.com, instead of team-bhp.com/forum which gives the error 'Page not found!'.
Adding to it, people should try www.team-bhp.com rather then team-bhp.com, as its an property of your desktop browsers to add "www" by default not necessarily your's mobile browser's property !!!

Quote:
I prefer subscribing to RSS feeds rather then browsing the whole website, you can go directly to page you wanted to read..
Old 10th January 2008, 13:21   #970
Senior - BHPian

MODs Is it possible to have single thread for Auto Expo Images I mean all member pics should be posted in this Thread so that duplicate postings can be avoided & all the Expo Activities can be tracked in a single thread.
Old 10th January 2008, 18:28   #971
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just created a new sub-section, Techno. That will surely help in finding all the AutoExpo threads in one place. The section is only temporary though, and will be deleted after a couple of days.
Old 10th January 2008, 18:45   #972
BHPian

There are a lot of members who login, but do not contribute as they might not have anything extra to say. And they do not want to say something like - "I agree totally, that is a very good idea". So the end result is that we have quite a few members who spend hours and hours on www.team-bhp.com, but are still newbies. The rule of 50 posts is a good way, but can some other qualification such as, 6 months membership, with regular logins, qualify a person to be a BHPian? Just checking. I dont know if this suggestion has any value!

Superavi
Old 11th January 2008, 12:14   #973
Senior - BHPian

Good Move GTO, Thanks
Old 11th January 2008, 15:57   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

With information of differing levels of authenticity easily available from varied channels, I think, to ensure the accuracy of information reported on Team-BHP as well as to maintain its purposefulness, a new Announcement should be added that mandates users to publish their source when stating information. If internet links, their URLs; if people in the public domain, their names/clear designation or "Confidential" in the case of inside information - which will ostensibly be the minority of cases.

If the sources are not clearly mentioned, the posts should be deleted.
Old 13th January 2008, 18:35   #975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
There are a lot of members who login, but do not contribute as they might not have anything extra to say. ................................ qualify a person to be a BHPian? Just checking. I dont know if this suggestion has any value!

Superavi
A very valid point. Howver, the 6 month period / log in frequency does not have a bearing on post quality and there is no "one size fits all" solution. The first 50 posts gives us an idea about the newbie. We do monitor such folks if identified and counsel them and monitor their progress. However keeping track of 18000+ members is a challenge and also behaviours do change. If you see comments / non -contributions, use the report bad post button to alert us. Please use this judiciously else our in box's could be flooded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks