Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 11:25   #1051
BHPian

Thank you, Rehaan, for clearing my doubts. I always kept on wondering if I am making the comments in the right posts.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:26   #1052
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Vid.

Rush, I haven't missed that link. :-).
Classifieds section up and running here! Just what you asked for, Condor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
arre wah. a classifieds section also. im guessing the indian car market will be gone after that?
Yup, the forum market section has been deleted.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:17   #1053
Senior - BHPian

GTO, I was wondering why a separate section when we already have one but one visit to the section & I know why

Btw is your Merc really for Sale or yo u testing the Classifieds sections

One Issue though with this change: I had a Subscription to the Market Place section, this allowed me to get a mail as soon as any Sale is put up. Could this be done for classifieds as well ?

Also what happens to those threads which were put up recently in Market Place ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2008 at 15:18.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:56   #1054
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, I was wondering why a separate section when we already have one but one visit to the section & I know why
Glad you like it!

Quote:
Btw is your Merc really for Sale or yo u testing the Classifieds sections
Just a test ad.

Quote:
One Issue though with this change: I had a Subscription to the Market Place section, this allowed me to get a mail as soon as any Sale is put up. Could this be done for classifieds as well ?
Issue solved. Once inside any classifieds section (Sedans, MUVs etc.), you will see a "Subscribe to Category" link on the top left. Click it and you are all set.

Quote:
Also what happens to those threads which were put up recently in Market Place ?
Closed and moved to Shifting Gears. They are welcome to create a new listing in the Classifieds section.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:10   #1055
BHPian

Hey,
i have a suggestion moderators,
How about adding the string of being able to search by user name in the TBHP Garage Section?
I know you can sort them alphabetically and have a look but it would be much more convenient
Old 4th February 2008, 16:31   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO, yes its proper buy/sell section so definitely better than before

Quote:
you will see a "Subscribe to Category" link on the top left. Click it and you are all set.
Correction its on bottom left i.e. below the items list, top left only if no ads are present :-)

Also I am assuming this subscription is of "Instant E-mail Notification" type since it didn't ask for various options which are available for normal thread subscriptions.

Tried to Post an Advert & Wow the format is very user friendly. Kudos to the support staff :-)
Old 4th February 2008, 17:28   #1057
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Correction its on bottom left i.e. below the items list, top left only if no ads are present :-)
Oops! Didn't realise that.

Quote:
Also I am assuming this subscription is of "Instant E-mail Notification" type since it didn't ask for various options which are available for normal thread subscriptions.
I'd guess so.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:21   #1058
BHPian

My posts keep getting approved but my post count does not increase ?.

Plus many a times my posts were not approved and no reason stated and no notification given.

Also I get a notification of post approval sometimes ( I have a post count of 48 now with 5 approval mails in total) but most of the times its accepted without any notification ?

Mods can you please answer my queries
Old 4th February 2008, 18:40   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey,
i have a suggestion moderators,
How about adding the string of being able to search by user name in the TBHP Garage Section?
I know you can sort them alphabetically and have a look but it would be much more convenient

Well if you want to look for a particular BHPian's Garage you can always search for him in the Member List & then click on his Garage in his profile
Old 4th February 2008, 18:53   #1060
BANNED

Hi,

First of congrats on a job well done. I think there is some tiny glitch in the classifieds section. Once there I cant seem to get back to the main forum(home). If you click the home link it goes back to the same page. Is it just me facing this problem.

Viper
Old 4th February 2008, 19:03   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

The Classifieds look great. One small detail might need to get added. An automatic query asked when a product is up for sale is Why? In that sense, "Reason for sale" row would be needed.
Old 4th February 2008, 19:32   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

First of congrats on a job well done. I think there is some tiny glitch in the classifieds section. Once there I cant seem to get back to the main forum(home). If you click the home link it goes back to the same page. Is it just me facing this problem.

Viper
Jignesh, The home link is for classifieds home. Similarly all the links on that line are specific to Classified section.

The Bug is that the Team-BHP text on top left screen should be a hyper link to Forum index.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:05   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Well if you want to look for a particular BHPian's Garage you can always search for him in the Member List & then click on his Garage in his profile
Thanks for the pointer Technocrat.
I think that i am facing a similar problem. My posts get approved without notification and once in a while i get notified.
Perhaps i get notified only when my post is confirmed while i am online.
i have noticed. Is this true?

Also i feel i must have posted more than my count shows but i cant confirm this part so :P

But still, all in all i feel its a job being handled well. Kudos to the moderators and support team for keeping this forum the way it is.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:06   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
My posts keep getting approved but my post count does not increase ?.

Plus many a times my posts were not approved and no reason stated and no notification given.

Also I get a notification of post approval sometimes ( I have a post count of 48 now with 5 approval mails in total) but most of the times its accepted without any notification ?

Mods can you please answer my queries
Hi akshat,

Please go through the "Post count policy" in the announcements section, it should answer some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Classifieds look great. One small detail might need to get added. An automatic query asked when a product is up for sale is Why? In that sense, "Reason for sale" row would be needed.
Nice idea as an optional feild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Once there I cant seem to get back to the main forum(home).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The Bug is that the Team-BHP text on top left screen should be a hyper link to Forum index.
Viper & Techno,

We will look into making the text a hyperlink, but for now you may click on the TBHP logo on the top left, it will take you back to the forum listing.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2008 at 21:08.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:30   #1065
BHPian

Hey Technocrat,
just tried using your suggestion but it seems that there is no link to the member's garage in the profile. And no, its not a user who doesnt have a garage....

I even tried going to your profile as a test and there is no link to your garage. Is it just me or is this the way it is? You can try going to your own profile from the members list and have a look :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks