Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 23:11   #1066
BHPian

Ok, now im sure that the posts are not being credited.
This time i kept in mind the no. of posts which was 26 and then made a post here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...s-etc-120.html
They have been accepted and added to the thread but i did not get any notification of the post being approved and nor has my post count gone up.
Its still at 26.
Moderators, please check out this situation. Thank you.

Mod's Note: Posts made in Shifting Gears and in any subforum under it are not counted towards your post count. System is behaving in its intended fashion.
Old 4th February 2008, 23:17   #1067
BHPian

Am feeling really embarassed now...
Im so sorry for the post count thing. Just thought ill do a little problem solving and went to the announcements section after reading Rehaan's post and it has solved my problem of post counts.

I am truly sorry and will next time do the problem solving first and then notify.
I guess u all can forgive me this time as i am a newbie
Old 5th February 2008, 00:09   #1068
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Technocrat,
just tried using your suggestion but it seems that there is no link to the member's garage in the profile. And no, its not a user who doesnt have a garage....

I even tried going to your profile as a test and there is no link to your garage. Is it just me or is this the way it is? You can try going to your own profile from the members list and have a look :P
Click the "View my garage" link that you see under the members avatar wherever they have posted. (eg. look at techno's post)

At the moment the garage link from the members profile page is not functioning, but the point has been raised before and has been noted.

cya
R
Old 5th February 2008, 00:13   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Can we add another rule to the Classifieds section. Can we stick to a strict format atleast for the title like

Year Make Model Engine Variant(if any) and Trim Level.

For example instead of writing Carb Zen LX 1999 model one will have to stick to 1999 Maruti Zen Carb LX

IMO it would make things a lot more uniform and easier.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:17   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Mods, when I change the skin to either of the new ones (hallowYellow / Centra / Saville / Cyclic), in the home page, the Last post section is misaligned left & right across the Forums.

The alignment is fine with Standard Blue & Red though.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:29   #1071
BHPian

All points duly noted Rehaan.
Thanks for all the help and a humble apology for any inconvenience
Old 5th February 2008, 14:43   #1072
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

First of congrats on a job well done. I think there is some tiny glitch in the classifieds section. Once there I cant seem to get back to the main forum(home). If you click the home link it goes back to the same page. Is it just me facing this problem.

Viper
Hi Viper

We will add a forum home link to the classifieds in due time. In the meanwhile, click on the Team-BHP logo to come back to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The Classifieds look great. One small detail might need to get added. An automatic query asked when a product is up for sale is Why? In that sense, "Reason for sale" row would be needed.
Fantastic and thank you! This field has been added to the sale form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Can we add another rule to the Classifieds section. Can we stick to a strict format atleast for the title like

Year Make Model Engine Variant(if any) and Trim Level.

For example instead of writing Carb Zen LX 1999 model one will have to stick to 1999 Maruti Zen Carb LX

IMO it would make things a lot more uniform and easier.
Khanak, As much as I would like to, I don't see too many people sticking to the rule. That and the fact that the burden on us support members will increase exponentially.

Whatever fields are important have already been included in the form. As long as the title is sufficiently indicative of the product, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Mods, when I change the skin to either of the new ones (hallowYellow / Centra / Saville / Cyclic), in the home page, the Last post section is misaligned left & right across the Forums.

The alignment is fine with Standard Blue & Red though.
That is not really out of alignment, but was intended by the skin designer to break the monotony. That is how it will show is most fluid skins (full screen irrespective of screen resolution).
Old 5th February 2008, 16:47   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

I do a lot of surfing on my phone. Everything works fine, but I can't start a new thread, because "Post a new thread" option is available only in a .. errr.. javascript pull down menu under "Forum tools", which does not work in plain-HTML browsers.

It would be nice to have a "Post a new thread" link more readily available. I can use almost every other feature from my phone.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:09   #1074
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Androdev

I may be wrong, but I think a good number of members have posted threads from their phone. And its not available only as a javascript option. Go to any forum listing and you will see the new thread button.
Old 5th February 2008, 23:55   #1075
Team-BHP Support

GTO,

For the automobile sections could it be an auto-generated title from the following fields? >

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
... strict format atleast for the title like

Year, Make? Model, Engine Variant(if any), and Trim Level. +kms run

For example instead of writing Carb Zen LX 1999 model one will have to stick to 1999 Maruti Zen Carb LX...
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th February 2008 at 23:56.
Old 6th February 2008, 01:16   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the Standard Red skin doesn't show the Search function in the Gallery listings.
Old 6th February 2008, 01:55   #1077
BHPian

GTO I may sound stupid here, but does vbulletin have a feature of wap? which could benefit phone users. Just a thought.
Old 6th February 2008, 08:16   #1078
BHPian

GTO, maybe someone has already mentioned this, but there is no Bikes section in the classifieds.

Is this an oversight or you didn't want a bikes classifieds.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:18   #1079
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
GTO,

For the automobile sections could it be an auto-generated title from the following fields? >
Will require some modifications. But sure, lets keep it on the pending work list. We can attack it in stage two of the upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Guys, the Standard Red skin doesn't show the Search function in the Gallery listings.
Thanks for the headsup! Will have it updated.

But let me tell you why this is happening. The red skin was mated to a far older version of our forum software. Since then, we have upgraded our forum specs several times, but unfortunately, the red skin was not that popular (globally) and its developers never released newer versions to keep up with later developments. Considering how so many of our members had taken a liking for this skin, we took it upon ourselves to keep modifying and make it work with the upgrades. To tell you honestly, it has been a cause of significant headaches

Compare that to the newer skins which are a simple import job (45 minutes tops).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
GTO I may sound stupid here, but does vbulletin have a feature of wap? which could benefit phone users. Just a thought.
Not my area of expertise. Rehaan will answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyupc View Post
GTO, maybe someone has already mentioned this, but there is no Bikes section in the classifieds.

Is this an oversight or you didn't want a bikes classifieds.
Intentional, epyupc. Let some traffic build up on the classifieds, and we will add a bike section as well.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:11   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is not really out of alignment, but was intended by the skin designer to break the monotony. That is how it will show is most fluid skins (full screen irrespective of screen resolution).
GTO, so it's a feature! but some sections are too aligned to the right, is it possible to have consistent alignment like in Standard blue & red? I prefer the monotony

Most Viewed