Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 03:01   #1171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
A "lite" version of the forum to allow for easier browsing via mobile phones would be nice. I think this feature is supported by vbulletin.

Mobile/Cell Phone Style - vBulletin.org Forum
Please see these solutions :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post713541

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post716411

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
If no one has already suggested it, I think adding further sections in the "ICE, Accessories & Parts" section of the classifieds would be useful.

For example, when you click on "ICE, Accessories & Parts" you can see further categories like

1. Wheels / Tyres
2. ICE
3. Performance mods
4. Styling mods
5. Others.

I feel this will be useful since there are a large number of items there (50), and looking through them all takes time.
Good point there simplythebest.
The "accessories" section does currently have the most ads in it.
Will await GTO's answer on the feasibility of this.

cya
R
Old 8th March 2008, 12:43   #1172
BHPian

^ or better yet, it shows all these categories together by default, but if you don't want to see "Wheels / Tyres" you just uncheck it (or something like that) and those entries are not displayed any more.

I think it would be in the best interest of both buyers and sellers to show all the items together. Otherwise some entries amy not be noticed. And for people like me who are looking for good deals in all categories it would mean clicking through each and every folder which is very tedious!!
Old 8th March 2008, 15:53   #1173
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Ok, the new classifieds section needs tweaking. Firstly, can it be a default option that the person posting a for sale or wanted ad gets a PM or e-mail automatically when someone replies to their ad? There are too many threads in which people ask for more information and the seller / buyer just disappears, presumably because he doesn't check that exact thread again. I know this option exists, but can it be made the default?
Vebmetal, this mod has been completed. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 8th March 2008, 23:32   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Is there sometihng wrong with the image links? For some reason I cant see any pictures embedded and can only see links instead.
Old 8th March 2008, 23:33   #1175
BANNED

The latest upgrade to include images into the forum is a great move. We're starting to fall in love with it. But I think the 'manage attachments' button should be present near quick reply option too. I think vBulletin has an option for it.

And as the IMG tags are removed from all the threads, now many of the old threads are so boring and lifeless all of a sudden. Something should be done to prevent this. It would be very hard to go thru all these threads and post pictures again.
My opinion.
Old 9th March 2008, 03:41   #1176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Is there sometihng wrong with the image links? For some reason I cant see any pictures embedded and can only see links instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
And as the IMG tags are removed from all the threads, now many of the old threads are so boring and lifeless all of a sudden. Something should be done to prevent this. It would be very hard to go thru all these threads and post pictures again.
My opinion.
Guys,

Dont worry, we are working on a way to make the pictures remain in all the existing threads. Will be in touch.

cya
R
Old 9th March 2008, 11:25   #1177
Team-BHP Support

Is there something wrong with the time displayed ?? This post timing shows 12:25 whereas I am posting it at 11:25

Edit: I have my time setting set to +5:30 GMT so that should not be an issue.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th March 2008 at 11:28.
Old 9th March 2008, 16:18   #1178
Senior - BHPian

I have a query about the image posting. I have posted nearly 500+ photos till now. How can I get a preview of all the picture as I am used to photo bucket.
Old 9th March 2008, 17:37   #1179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I have a query about the image posting. I have posted nearly 500+ photos till now. How can I get a preview of all the picture as I am used to photo bucket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Guys,

Dont worry, we are working on a way to make the pictures remain in all the existing threads. Will be in touch.

cya
R
Like the main said LBM. We have to wait.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:35   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Like the main said LBM. We have to wait.
Sam Bhai main or man ??

Chalo well wait
Old 9th March 2008, 23:21   #1181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is there something wrong with the time displayed ?? This post timing shows 12:25 whereas I am posting it at 11:25

Edit: I have my time setting set to +5:30 GMT so that should not be an issue.
To quote aah78 :
"DST time changed last year, from April-October to March-November."
Thats the reason times were a bit weird for an hour last nite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sam Bhai main or man ??

Chalo well wait
Dont tell me that you dont know Sam's answer will say :

LBM bhai - well or we'll ??

ok buy
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th March 2008 at 23:23.
Old 10th March 2008, 11:00   #1182
BHPian

In the Classified Section, could you change the "Asking Price" with "Expected Price" and add another field "Negotiable - Yes/No"

Also, when i tried to replace my signature with the link to my ad in the classified section, i couldn't. Due to my lower number of posts, i'm still a BHP-ian and hence according to the benefits accorded to each level of membership, i can't put an url as my signature . Now my question is, can't it be allowed atleast for the links within TBHP itself?
Old 10th March 2008, 14:59   #1183
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Arif : Whether the price is negotiable or not may be added to the description.

Signature URLS have been disabled across the board.
Old 11th March 2008, 08:43   #1184
BHPian

GTO, Thanks for adding Photo Upload option to T-Bhp without any restriction on the image resolution however the limit of 500 KB is what i really did not like :( Please increase this to at least 1 MB or 1.5MB which most free image hosts are offering so that we can have some good Hi quality photos instead of pictures in lower resolutions. I know increasing the size to 1MB or 1.5MB can eat up more space on the server but then at least allow to use free image hosts who even offer thumbnail feature if the image size is more than 500 KB.

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2008, 08:50   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
GTO, Thanks for adding Photo Upload option to T-Bhp without any restriction on the image resolution however the limit of 500 KB is what i really did not like :( Please increase this to at least 1 MB or 1.5MB which most free image hosts are offering so that we can have some good Hi quality photos instead of pictures in lower resolutions. I know increasing the size to 1MB or 1.5MB can eat up more space on the server but then at least allow to use free image hosts who even offer thumbnail feature if the image size is more than 500 KB.

Thanks.
A high quality jpg upto 1280x1024 size will rarely exceed 500kb.
you can use a software like Faststone etc., to resize the images before posting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks