Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 18:24   #1216
BHPian

There was a 'fatal-error' today while uploading images in classified ads.
image_inc.php line 154 ..couldnt allocate memory.

I have provided imageshack links to these images in my post temporarily. I will remove it once I am able to upload the remaining images.
Old 15th March 2008, 18:29   #1217
Senior - BHPian

can something be done about the disabled IMG tags?

all we can see now are the imageshack thumbnails , and not the full sized versions

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 22:53. Reason: b = be.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:53   #1218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hmmm. the no e-mail thing sounds good.
Thank you alot.
Arrey! When i told you about "no email notification" in the earlier post you said :
"Sorry to point this out to you,
isnt the "subscribed threads" is meant for keeping track of the updates in a thread.
"

Quote:
that i meant keeping in mind that not all people will be using the same pc all the time.
How about yahoo bookmarks ? I believe such a thing exists, but i have never used it. It stores bookmarks in your yahoo account that can be accessed from anywhere.
Alternatively, is there a way to syncronize bookmarks between devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
There was a 'fatal-error' today while uploading images in classified ads.
image_inc.php line 154 ..couldnt allocate memory.
Kvish,

Did this happen once, or every time you tried to upload (how many times did you try) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
can something b done about the disabled IMG tags?
Hey greenhorn,

A script is being worked on -- and hopefully shall be done soon.
(OT: Thanks for your advice in my ICE thread. I havent forgotten about it - will reply soon)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2008 at 22:57.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:08   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Kvish,

Did this happen once, or every time you tried to upload (how many times did you try) ?
Tried twice. Happened on both occasions. I could upload three pics. Couldnt do more. (they are all < 500KB size)
Old 17th March 2008, 17:26   #1220
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Tried twice. Happened on both occasions. I could upload three pics. Couldnt do more. (they are all < 500KB size)
You answered your own question. The upload limit for classifieds is specified here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]The size limit for uploaded photographs is 200 kb per file.
Old 17th March 2008, 23:07   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arrey! When i told you about "no email notification" in the earlier post you said :.....
Quote:
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Intermediate Forum Usage
(If you want, select "no email notification", and then the threads you select will be in your "subscribed threads" list.)
sorry for the miss, actually i just followed the link provided and the no-email thing isnt mentioned there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes but if you select no emails while adding subscription it will add to your list of subscription just like favorites. Anytime later you want to visit this thread you can go to User Cp & click on this thread, if it is not in the list displayed select 'list all subscriptions' from left pane or from link below.
Technocrats post didnt had any links but it explained what i need to do.

I apologize once again for missing it.

Quote:
Can you add a button for the threads/posts/userprofiles/garages which can be marked as a favorite so that we can come back to them later whenever we want to.
i guess i for the posts and garages i should explore the yahoo services.

PS: my requests were because of using only my cell phone for accessing team-bhp. But now i am back with my pc.
Old 18th March 2008, 05:01   #1222
BHPian

Has anyone noticed that if you click on Garage when you are in the Classifieds section, it either takes you back to Classifieds or gives an error.
Old 20th March 2008, 14:55   #1223
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTr View Post
Hey GTO.......why dont we guys start up with a gallery,where all the car pics(indian and international) can be seen alltogether....
And we shud also start posting our own(members) pics with a lil of dat intro thingie,cos they r quite a few members who have not even met each other.....it'll be good for d guyz livin outta mumbai.......wot say mate??
And yeah,i think the site looks simple and good with not too many colors galore.
Laterz!!!
Funny I opened this thread to just make this suggestion. I agree that a gallery would be great now that tons and tons of pictures are being posted. We can keep it simple, marque wise, year wise, modelwise, something like Concept Carz and Prototype Vehicles which is an awesome site.

Please do consider, as it can be a truly wonderful experience for visitors to browse through galleries before they get motivated to enter discussions on the varied subjects
Old 20th March 2008, 17:57   #1224
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Has anyone noticed that if you click on Garage when you are in the Classifieds section, it either takes you back to Classifieds or gives an error.
Hi Xehaust, we are working on this at the moment. It has been solved for some skins, but has created a bit of a nuisance on the standard styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Please do consider, as it can be a truly wonderful experience for visitors to browse through galleries before they get motivated to enter discussions on the varied subjects
Most certainly will, DKG. It will take time to implement, but we have already added it to our to-do list.
Old 20th March 2008, 18:08   #1225
BHPian

Hey GTO,
Was just thinking, this thread is filled with requests and wants and you mods do all you can to fullfill them.

Just thought mods can do with some appreciation.
So heres a Thank You on behalf of all us BHPians.
Great work all you mods do, keep it up We really appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-thank_you_banner.jpg  

Old 20th March 2008, 19:50   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Super cool picture. But which ones of these are BHPians?
Old 20th March 2008, 19:52   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Super cool picture. But which ones of these are BHPians?
Just what I was going to ask. Which one is he? (while secretly hoping Xehaust would reply, "the one on the extreme left")
Old 20th March 2008, 21:05   #1228
BHPian

Typical Question i was expecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Just what I was going to ask. Which one is he? (while secretly hoping Xehaust would reply, "the one on the extreme left")

Haha, none are bhpians. But send your pictures and im sure someone can PS them into it (Along with the extreme left that is)

You see, it is the thought that counts, hehe.
(I knew this would be the 1st thing everyone would ask after putting the picture but i thought, what the hell)

@Bass&Trouble - you never know, perhaps you will find out at one of the meets. (Xehaust Smiles Slyly)

Last edited by Xehaust : 20th March 2008 at 21:07.
Old 20th March 2008, 21:07   #1229
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Most certainly will, DKG. It will take time to implement, but we have already added it to our to-do list.
My congrats to all the people behind TBHP for an outstanding achievement in creating a forum that not only has allowed like minded people to meet but has become a potent storehouse of collaborative knowledge and experience

Keep up the great work and I sincerely hope you guys are able to develop strong revenue streams for TBHP, that would in turn allow you the leverage to affect the indian auto industry more profoundly

Last edited by DKG : 20th March 2008 at 21:08.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:50   #1230
BHPian

Mods - is there any way to lock up comments in the garage section - for the garages of members who are no more with us ?

Was going through some of such garages - and was pretty much disturbed to see people commenting without reading the RIP posts.

Most Viewed