Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2008, 00:08   #1231
BHPian

While speaking of garages, if its possible, be able to subscribe to the garages in which we make comments and get updates. Just like threads. If its possible that is
Old 21st March 2008, 10:42   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
While speaking of garages, if its possible, be able to subscribe to the garages in which we make comments and get updates. Just like threads. If its possible that is
i had a similar request ealier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Can you add a button for the threads/posts/userprofiles/garages which can be marked as a favorite so that we can come back to them later whenever we want to.
I think the suitable solution given was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
How about yahoo bookmarks ? I believe such a thing exists, but i have never used it. It stores bookmarks in your yahoo account that can be accessed from anywhere.
Alternatively, is there a way to syncronize bookmarks between devices?
But still mods, the bookmarks facility appears a better solution. Jeez, we are never satisfied.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 21st March 2008 at 10:43.
Old 22nd March 2008, 06:29   #1233
BHPian

Mods, just noticed an oversight. Im sure it wont take much effort to fix it.
(Yeah i know, all i do is sit on my backside while you mods do all the hard work)

The lovely Tuners database created by you - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Modifiers Database is nowhere to be found on the main page. No links, nothing.

IMHO it should be a permanent part of the new web page - Indian Car Forum : Team-BHP : The Definitive Indian Car Community

Last edited by Xehaust : 22nd March 2008 at 06:30.
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:02   #1234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Mods, just noticed an oversight. Im sure it wont take much effort to fix it.
(Yeah i know, all i do is sit on my backside while you mods do all the hard work)

The lovely Tuners database created by you - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Modifiers Database is nowhere to be found on the main page. No links, nothing.
There is a link on the main page. See this (Red circled link):
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-mod.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2008, 14:44   #1235
BHPian

Awright, tried all the links cept that one thinking it is the same. (While feeling embarrassed)

Anyways, since im at it, why not change the name of the link to "Modify Your Car - Tuners Directory" or something like that so that it is differentiable from the modify your car link in the tabs on the bar under advice.

Last edited by Xehaust : 22nd March 2008 at 14:46.
Old 23rd March 2008, 07:23   #1236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just thought mods can do with some appreciation.
So heres a Thank You on behalf of all us BHPians.
You BHPians are clearly "special".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
....see people commenting without reading the RIP posts.
Please do PM me the links to the posts / garages in question.

Quote:
..... why not change the name of the link to "Modify Your Car - Tuners Directory" ...
Yes, we are considering doing that as part of stage 2.

cya
R
Old 23rd March 2008, 09:46   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, I am not able to copy-paste links - after doing a search, copying the link to post here or into notepad. Not seeing this behaviour for other websites. Anything specific to TBHP ?
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:18   #1238
Team-BHP Support

a suggestion for the classifieds.

i know the add is valid for a certain amount of time but once it is sold can it automatically be deleted after a few days? it will lead to less clutter in the classifieds and now there are so man adds anyway.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:06   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Hey GTO,
Was just thinking, this thread is filled with requests and wants and you mods do all you can to fullfill them.

Just thought mods can do with some appreciation.
So heres a Thank You on behalf of all us BHPians.
Great work all you mods do, keep it up We really appreciate it.
Thanks for the sweet gesture, Xehaust! Appreciated.

Quote:
Not possible yet. But will surely consider implementing over the next round of upgrades.

Quote:
As a part of stage two, we are considering adding it to the navbar too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Mods, I am not able to copy-paste links - after doing a search, copying the link to post here or into notepad. Not seeing this behaviour for other websites. Anything specific to TBHP ?
Can you explain in baby steps, condor? We have not put any restrictions on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
a suggestion for the classifieds.

i know the add is valid for a certain amount of time but once it is sold can it automatically be deleted after a few days? it will lead to less clutter in the classifieds and now there are so man adds anyway.
SOLD ads are deleted after a certain period of time. I will check the exact validity from my Admin account and make it more suitable (if required).
Old 26th March 2008, 11:30   #1240
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Merging posts

Some of us newbies may make mistakes in multiple posts within a short span of time only to realise the mistake too late. Would it be possible to consider including a post merge option in EDIT? That way we help in keeping the threads uncluttered.

Ofcourse the harsher solution is infractions and eventual barring
Old 26th March 2008, 13:32   #1241
Senior - BHPian

You can always copy paste the 2nd posts's content in earlier post or vice versa & report the other posts to Mods who can delete it.
Old 27th March 2008, 08:48   #1242
BANNED

Correction in Classified Format

Mods,

I think a small correction in the classifieds format needs to be made. You rules state that all items without prices will be deleted and at the same time you have given an option in "Asking Price" saying mention "0" for best offer which in turn shows up as n/a when the ad is posted eventually.

"2. Product price is compulsory for any listing. Ads placed without an indication of the price will be deleted immediately, with the possibility of an infraction to the said member's account."

I think this option needs to be removed.

One more thing whenever we post a ad why do we get 6 emails intimating us of the same thing. I think one would suffice

Viper

Last edited by viper : 27th March 2008 at 08:49.
Old 27th March 2008, 09:14   #1243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
I think a small correction in the classifieds format needs to be made. You rules state that all items without prices will be deleted and at the same time you have given an option in "Asking Price" saying mention "0" for best offer which in turn shows up as n/a when the ad is posted eventually.
This was just brought to our attention by another member as well, and we are discussing it in the Support forum this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
One more thing whenever we post a ad why do we get 6 emails intimating us of the same thing. I think one would suffice
Will look into this as well.

cya
R
Old 27th March 2008, 11:57   #1244
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

That is the standard template used by the classifieds software. However, as with the forum, the software may allow things which our rules dont.

Please stick to the Classified Rules only.
Old 27th March 2008, 14:37   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
at the same time you have given an option in "Asking Price" saying mention "0" for best offer which in turn shows up as n/a when the ad is posted eventually.

"2. Product price is compulsory for any listing. Ads placed without an indication of the price will be deleted immediately, with the possibility of an infraction to the said member's account."

I think this option needs to be removed.
I guess when it's written that price has to be mentioned compulsorily for any product - then why do you guys enter 0 ? You have read the rules right ?

There is a glitch / restriction of the software - which are discussing in the support forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks