Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 13:37   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
and the fact that i recd no response using both the Contact Us form as well as the Report AD form since the last 5 days.

Viper
Your post will probably be deleted by the time that you read this. But let me make some things extremely clear here:

1. The Contact Us emails are read & replied to every saturday. Thus, if you have used that facility to contact us, its about time you learnt to get a little patient too. Writing the same thing via PM, contact us form and now on this thread wont get your matter any more attention that it deserves. We have fixed schedules for every task, and cannot really alter them just because a vendor feels that other ads require urgent attention. Wait until saturday and you will get your answer.

2. Your ad went against the rules and thus, you were infracted. Simple. If there are others, they will be checked too. However, do NOT attempt to do the decision making for us or tell us whom to infract and whom not to. You report, we will discuss and act accordingly. I hope I am making myself amply clear. You probably have not read the part of the rules that prohibits moderator action from public discussion either. Lastly, the frequency with which we moderate ads is obviously not the same with which posts are moderated. Ads are checked at particular schedules, which I am certainly not willing to share with you.

I would suggest you focus your energies on abiding by our rules, rather than speaking the same thing over and over again, in three different places, as this is not the first time you have received an infraction. We have a proven track record for addressing each query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Mods

When a thread is moved or stitched to some other thread of similar topic, does the thread starter get a pm to notify him about the changes??

Regards
Hi Kpzen,

When a thread is moved, or its posts copied to another thread, the thread starter will receive a PM.

Last edited by GTO - Touring : 1st May 2008 at 13:40.
Old 1st May 2008, 22:54   #1307
Team-BHP Support

How does the "number of views" that a thread has get calculated. Does a click on the URL constitute a reply ? Asking because I see a thread with 5 replies and just 1 view ? How is that possible ?
Old 1st May 2008, 23:00   #1308
BHPian

I havent read through all the 88 pages here, so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

Why dont you guys have better smilies? Would you like to have some?
smile - Name:  smile.gif
Views: 306
Size:  1.1 KB
roflmao - Name:  roflmao.gif
Views: 313
Size:  14.6 KB
mad - Name:  mad.gif
Views: 301
Size:  6.0 KB

Cheers, and take care.
Old 1st May 2008, 23:46   #1309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnerzinc View Post
How about adding a chat. Like the one ebaumsworld has?
We have discussed this before, and have decided against it.

Reasons :
- Have you ever been in a group chat with more than 5 people? Ever noticed how its impossible to keep up since you have to read 5 times as fast. Now imagine that with 100 people!
- We would like all useful information archived on TBHP for other users to benefit from. We wouldnt want members asking for/giving advice on the chat instead of using the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Why dont you guys have better smilies? Would you like to have some?
Cool smileys! However, the look doesnt quite match the current TBHP smileys which all have a uniform look.

Are there more where you got these from?

cya
R
Old 2nd May 2008, 00:16   #1310
BHPian

TeamBHP should imbibe some of US' AAA features
a) Recommended Service Stations in major India cities & towns
b) Co-branding initiatives with establishments (Hotels, Lodges, After market players) and hence providing discounts
c) Paraphenalia (jackets, tshirts, helmets)

Liasion/Communicate with India Manufacturers (Corporate Communications), Government Regulatory Frameworks about grouses & praises, needs using TeamBHP official Letterhead/material
Old 2nd May 2008, 11:32   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Cool smileys! However, the look doesnt quite match the current TBHP smileys which all have a uniform look.

Are there more where you got these from?
I feel that the current smiley set doesnt gel well together. You have the standard size smileys, then some abnormal sized ones for lol, beating the dead horse etc.
However with the 2 smiley rule per post, it doesnt make a huge difference

I have got more smileys like the ones I posted above. Whom should I PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRKUMAR View Post
b) Co-branding initiatives with establishments (Hotels, Lodges, After market players) and hence providing discounts

Liasion/Communicate with India Manufacturers (Corporate Communications), Government Regulatory Frameworks about grouses & praises, needs using TeamBHP official Letterhead/material
I too wish that Team-BHP had something like this. Maybe the senior members in each city can do something about this. This will also help Team-BHP have more clout with Service Centers and Dealers.
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:43   #1312
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How does the "number of views" that a thread has get calculated. Does a click on the URL constitute a reply ? Asking because I see a thread with 5 replies and just 1 view ? How is that possible ?
The number of thread views get updated each hour (past the 20).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRKUMAR View Post

Great suggestions. We can certainly mark these in our list of long-term plans. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I have got more smileys like the ones I posted above. Whom should I PM?
You may email it to webmaster attherate Team-BHP.com
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:12   #1313
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I have been asking for this for ages now. Yet, will give it another try. It would really help if PMing people for meets etc could be easier. For eg, select all members from a location (say Bangalore) and send them all a common PM with a single click.

I just sent about 700+ PM's for the drive planned this month. It took me almost 1hr to copy, paste and edit the details.

Easiest way to do this would be to have a check box in the members list like you do with e-mails. If one wishes to, use the select all tab to select all members or one can uncheck some names as well.

This is my sincere request to the moderation team to do something in this regard. It will help us PM many more people, meet up with them personally and bring about one to one interaction amongst members. Right now with the current feature I am not sure many of us have to patience to copy, paste and edit about 700 user names from the members list.
Old 3rd May 2008, 15:51   #1314
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I understand, Mclaren, but the forum software does not provide members with the privilege of mass-PM capability. Why? Only because a spammer could wreck havoc on our inboxes!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd May 2008 at 17:40.
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:34   #1315
BHPian

Mclaren, easier way would be to setup a Yahoo or Google group for your area, then send out a single email for each event. I think Gmail also has a kind of list functionality, which has been recently added.
Here's a link that might help. Link
Old 3rd May 2008, 23:50   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way of automatically sizing the pics we are to post in the allowable limit? I mean like in imageshack (later) when you post a pic it automatically downsized the image to 800X600. Is it possible to have that function incorporated here as well. Its actually very tedious to re-size the pics and then post them. If there is already an existing solution like this, then ignorant me would like to know
Old 4th May 2008, 00:27   #1317
Team-BHP Support

Even imageshack doesn't let you upload files great than 1.5MB size. We came up with the 500kb limit with great deliberation.

There are free programs that can resize your images for free. Try Picasa, select all the photos you want to upload, under File Menu, select Export Picture to Folder... and then select size as 800 and quality as normal. All the selected images will be resized to 800x and really small in filesize without losing any quality.
Old 4th May 2008, 00:32   #1318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Is there a way of automatically sizing the pics we are to post in the allowable limit? I mean like in imageshack (later) when you post a pic it automatically downsized the image to 800X600. Is it possible to have that function incorporated here as well. Its actually very tedious to re-size the pics and then post them. If there is already an existing solution like this, then ignorant me would like to know
Hi V16,

Too add to / rephrase what Samu has said.

Our system is exactly like you have described imageshack. If you upload any picture larger than 800x600, in the thread it will automatically show a resized 800x600 version, and if you click on it it will take you to the original sized version in a new window.

The same way as imageshack has a 1.5MB filesize limit, we have a 500kb limit.

For resizing pictures before uploading (mostly because the filesize is >500kb), check out this thread, some programs have been suggested : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...tml#post784935

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2008 at 00:34.
Old 4th May 2008, 04:17   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Thanks samurai and rehaan. Will use and let you guys know
Old 4th May 2008, 18:22   #1320
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I understand, Mclaren, but the forum software does not provide members with the privilege of mass-PM capability. Why? Only because a spammer could wreck havoc on our inboxes!
I understand! But would it be possible to provide this feature as a part of the features for say Senior-BHPians? Because from whatever little I have seen, most meets are organized by people like Speedzak, rjstyles etc who are all senior bhpians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks