Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 21:40   #1471
BANNED

There are many TBHPians into software development and so can we have a customized web browser to see TBHP? Why use Internet Explorer or Firefox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
I hope there are many TBHPians who are working as webdesigners who can help to build a better site, why do we need to be same as others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
100% i would have spent my time and put my effort in putting up a better website...
Old 21st July 2008, 21:45   #1472
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, is it possible to define a key-word that is searchable - may be at the forum level ?

[ I have been unsuccessfully trying to do a search for "K&N". Not that I am not able to find threads on the subject. ]
Old 21st July 2008, 23:19   #1473

@Mods, The Fiat Classic Car Club Thread has been moved to the Post 1950 Section. Could you please keep it on the Classics Main Page instead of novin it to a section. Also i think that the Pre 1950 and Post 1950 section is not very User Friendly.
Old 21st July 2008, 23:33   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Mods, why complicate the forum with unnecessary subdivisions in each section? The vintage&classics section was good as it is, the pre 1950 and post 1950 sections are baseless and useless. Pls revert back to the simple original system
Old 21st July 2008, 23:38   #1475
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Mods, why complicate the forum with unnecessary subdivisions in each section? The vintage&classics section was good as it is, the pre 1950 and post 1950 sections are baseless and useless. Pls revert back to the simple original system
If you guys haven't noticed there's a clear divide in interests and a group of people are active in threads that are not common to yet another set of threads of interest to yet another group. These two divisions only allow each group to enjoy stuff they look forward to seeing every day. And it allows each group to stay away from stuff that doesn't interest them. It is useful guys, very useful. Please look at these divisions like a library indexing system. When too many threads develop you do need to index them according to subject

Last edited by DKG : 21st July 2008 at 23:39.
Old 27th July 2008, 09:35   #1476
BHPian

To the Mods,
Nice work with the watermark on uploaded images.
Congrats
Old 27th July 2008, 16:14   #1477
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a suggetstion for the Image Upload tool. Currently if anyone has to upload say 10 pics onto Team-BHP, he has to upload them one by one. Is it possible to select all 10 in one go and upload them to gether. I'm sure it'll save a lot of time while uploading multiple pics.

Also when a post is edited by the Moderator, is it possible that the Moderator Comments are displayed differently and not just in bold. The reason being that its difficult to distinguish the Moderator comments from the members comments.

Last edited by v12 : 27th July 2008 at 16:17.
Old 28th July 2008, 15:56   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Wonder if the number of ads that someone can place in the classifieds be limited on the basis of time ( one per week or so ?) . Someone has managed to flood the classifieds today. The classifieds might become less usable if more start to do this , and Team Bhp is not, after all, primarily a place to sell things
Old 28th July 2008, 16:10   #1479
Team-BHP Support

On the forums home page where the list of members currently online is shown; is it possible for the mods/admin name to appear in a different colour than other members?

There was a time when I needed to PM a mod and had a tough time seeing which one was online. A different color would be easier to spot.

Edit: Something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 28th July 2008 at 16:27.
Old 28th July 2008, 16:18   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Eddy: GTO can reply better to your query but there is an alternative way. You can add the following thread to your favorites\bookmarks & check who amongst us appear online

Know Your Moderators
Old 28th July 2008, 17:47   #1481
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
To the Mods,
Nice work with the watermark on uploaded images.
Congrats
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Currently if anyone has to upload say 10 pics onto Team-BHP, he has to upload them one by one. Is it possible to select all 10 in one go and upload them to gether. I'm sure it'll save a lot of time while uploading multiple pics.
Hi V12. This is not a standard feature of our software, but I shall make a request for the next round of upgrades. Certainly sounds good. Thanks.

Quote:
Also when a post is edited by the Moderator, is it possible that the Moderator Comments are displayed differently and not just in bold. The reason being that its difficult to distinguish the Moderator comments from the members comments.
Well, its usually at the top or the bottom of the post in bold. We have disable font / colour tags to maintain display consistency on the forum and hence, this is the best way available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Wonder if the number of ads that someone can place in the classifieds be limited on the basis of time ( one per week or so ?) . Someone has managed to flood the classifieds today. The classifieds might become less usable if more start to do this , and Team Bhp is not, after all, primarily a place to sell things
Thanks for the headsup, greenhorn! That member was obviously a spammer and has been banned. His ads have been deleted too. In addition, we have amended the classifieds rules to include the following:

Quote:
8. No more than 3 ads per week are permitted. Ads placed at a frequency higher than this will be categorised as "flooding" and may result in your membership being infracted / banned.
I think 3 / week is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
On the forums home page where the list of members currently online is shown; is it possible for the mods/admin name to appear in a different colour than other members?
Hi Eddy, I had tried this once. Problem was, changing the colour on the home page resulted in a change all across the board too (post bit etc.). Also, some of us use the invisible mode on a frequent basis.

Its best to use the *report this post to a moderator* functionality to get in touch with us. For matters that aren't related to posts, simply use the contact us form.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:51   #1482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Eddy, I had tried this once. Problem was, changing the colour on the home page resulted in a change all across the board too (post bit etc.). Also, some of us use the invisible mode on a frequent basis.

Its best to use the *report this post to a moderator* functionality to get in touch with us. For matters that aren't related to posts, simply use the contact us form.
I agree, it does change the color everywhere. How does the report post thing work ? If I report, a PM goes out to the forum/section mod ?
Old 28th July 2008, 18:11   #1483
Team-BHP Support

Eddy if you report a post, a message will go to All mods, and whoever is online can look into it
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:22   #1484
Senior - BHPian

apostrophe

apostrophe is missing in the top left text, as shown in the pic, everywhere else its there.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-clipboard01.jpg
Old 2nd August 2008, 22:21   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Hey mods!
Please check that, my post count was reduced to 438, about 200 less than what it was this morning!
Please see that what was deleted.

I am posting only after further only after it is resolved.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks