Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 08:58   #1486
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO & Rehaan, nice touch to the PM page, with the preview feature. Thanks !
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:04   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Hey mods!
Please check that, my post count was reduced to 438, about 200 less than what it was this morning!
Please see that what was deleted.

I am posting only after further only after it is resolved.

Thanks
Hi SirAlec, The Support Team decided to include the "Collection of the Best Threads" forum section in the list of forums that don't add to overall post counts (Shifting Gears, Introduce yourself being the others). We noticed one too many single line posts in threads like weird & wacky modifications. Even my post count went down substantially , but remember, post count is far less important than post quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
GTO & Rehaan, nice touch to the PM page, with the preview feature. Thanks !
Glad you like the feature, Condor. Each weekend, we are continuously evaluting new value-ads, small or large, which can enhance the Team-BHP experience further.
Old 3rd August 2008, 20:31   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Hi SirAlec, The Support Team decided to include the "Collection of the Best Threads" forum section in the list of forums that don't add to overall post counts (Shifting Gears, Introduce yourself being the others). We noticed one too many single line posts in threads like weird & wacky modifications. Even my post count went down substantially , but remember, post count is far less important than post quality.

Glad you like the feature, Condor. Each weekend, we are continuously evaluting new value-ads, small or large, which can enhance the Team-BHP experience further.
Thanks! but was already answered by one of mods through PM. I thought lot of post were deleted by some errors. I have a column that I update daily on the 'best collection section'. I thought post in that was deleted, for which i do lot of research. I don't care about the count though, but that column is important to me. Gladly all the 660 post were there on my page.

Thanks again.

Last edited by SirAlec : 3rd August 2008 at 20:37.
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:28   #1489
Distinguished - BHPian

Search a thread for Posts with Pics

GTO / R, question reg "Search this Thread" : Is it possible to search for posts with pics, in a specific thread ?

Scenario : Browsing the Fiat Linea thread. I want to search/identify all posts with pics. Is this kind of a search possible ?

Thanks !
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:44   #1490
Senior - BHPian

GTO and Mods, the preview in the PM messages looks great!

Thanks!
Old 3rd August 2008, 21:54   #1491
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, its usually at the top or the bottom of the post in bold. We have disable font / colour tags to maintain display consistency on the forum and hence, this is the best way available.
Thanks for the explanation GTO. It becomes confusing cos we have members who have posted in bold and so its difficult to notice whether its a member or moderator comment.To add to this point, I would also suggest that the "Last edited by " shows as Team-BHP Support team and not the individual moderator. This would prevent any personal confrontation of a member with a single moderator. I hope you understand what I mean.

Simple idea would be a Moderator comment would appear as a "Quote" but with a different background color.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-comment.jpg
Old 4th August 2008, 11:54   #1492
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
GTO / R, question reg "Search this Thread" : Is it possible to search for posts with pics, in a specific thread ?
Tell you what, look at any forum (example) and you will see the *attachment clip* graphic next to thread titles. Simply click on that icon to list all attachments associated with that particular thread.

Nope, its not possible to search for posts with attachments separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
GTO and Mods, the preview in the PM messages looks great!

Thanks!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Thanks for the explanation GTO. It becomes confusing cos we have members who have posted in bold and so its difficult to notice whether its a member or moderator comment.To add to this point, I would also suggest that the "Last edited by " shows as Team-BHP Support team and not the individual moderator. This would prevent any personal confrontation of a member with a single moderator. I hope you understand what I mean.

Simple idea would be a Moderator comment would appear as a "Quote" but with a different background color.

Attachment 34726
Hi V12, a moderator note in the post will always be preceded by a "Note from the Team-BHP Support" or similar. The software doesn't allow for moderator names to be blanked out, and we'd prefer it this way. Much easier to arrive at a resolution, if required.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:04   #1493
Senior - BHPian

The preview in the inbox is really cool. Love it. Thanks all.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:13   #1494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GTO : Tell you what, look at any forum (example) and you will see the *attachment clip* graphic next to thread titles. Simply click on that icon to list all attachments associated with that particular thread.
GTO, thanks for the quick response. Gives me what I was looking for.
Quote:
GTO : Nope, its not possible to search for posts with attachments separately.
So, not reqd !
Quote:
GTO : Hi V12, a moderator note in the post will always be preceded by a "Note from the Team-BHP Support" or similar. The software doesn't allow for moderator names to be blanked out, and we'd prefer it this way.
Have seen some posts with a Mod's note, but without the name of the mod. Will PM you when I see one next. (if it helps from a technical POV).

Thanks again !
Old 4th August 2008, 13:17   #1495
Senior - BHPian

@condor: If the Mod Note is added from approval Queue then it wont show the Mod's name. But thats quite rare
Old 5th August 2008, 20:26   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

Was browsing through the Test Drives section of T-BHP (Not ownership reviews but the one on the top bar, next to forum, where the owners write their reviews and experiences and you guys put it in a simpler format). I noticed that it hasn't been updated at all since it was launched. Many of the pictures are of the older models and some of the information is old as well. For example, when one goes to the Mercedes Benz E class review, it says that there are 3 engine options, the 280CDi and Petrol and the 200K. However, Mercedes has added 2 more engine options and they haven't been noted in there.
The Test Drive section is of great help to new car buyers and it would help buyers immensely if it was updated with the information as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Old 5th August 2008, 22:25   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Mods, the work in the Pm section is great. Also just noticed the classification in the "New Posts" Section. Its Really good. Its great that u are making more value additions to the forum. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 6th August 2008, 19:20   #1498
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
However, Mercedes has added 2 more engine options and they haven't been noted in there.
Hi Lambo, thanks for the suggestion. We can only update reviews once we receive the same from actual owners. My logs show that a handful have been received for the E220, but none for the E230. Period. Thus, it will have to wait. This is actually the case with all testdrive reports, wherein a new car launch will see atleast 2 - 3 months go by before we can update the testdrive section. You will agree that its well worth the wait

However, the review form link on the portal has been extremely popular and we are consistently receiving a good number of reviews each week. In fact, more reviews are filled up via the portal link than from the forum link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Also just noticed the classification in the "New Posts" Section. Its Really good.
Thanks. But what new post classification are you talking about? We keep patching up the softwares, but I don't recollect any enhancement to the new posts feature. Can you please clarify? Samurai today showed me a feature I wasn't even aware of. Would appreciate.
Old 6th August 2008, 22:32   #1499
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GTO,

Even though the TD section relies on the owners feedback, some information has still not been updated. I don't mean information that relies on ownership reviews but general information.
I have quoted a sentence from the MB E class review to show what I mean:

Quote:
In India, there are three engine options on offer: the E200K with 158 BHP, the E280 V6 petrol with 231 BHP and the E280 V6 CDI with 196 horses.
When a buyers reads this statement, they are under the impression that the E class has only 3 variants wherein, it should say that they have added 2 more engine options as well. The E220 CDI and E230.

Hope this clears up what I mean.
Old 8th August 2008, 00:20   #1500

Guys, ther is something drastically wrong in the website. The whole of yesterday, i wasnt able to access it. Every other website was running consistently and well except for TeamBHP. Also, i logged in (finally) yesterday, i was shocked to see another huge problem. My post count has dropped from around 2300 to around 1600 or something. This is impossible!! Can you please please explain how this has happened??

Cheers,
Cyrus.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th August 2008 at 04:03. Reason: Post edited & reinstated. Please see PM for the rest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks