Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 14:39   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
The ads are now appearing taking out the garage. Can this be removed? I do not mind the advts for the nonmembers in front page. But atleast spare the members. OR If we want to block the advts, how to do it ? Any ideas...

Just use the mozilla browser and add the adblock plus application to it. No more ads.
Old 11th August 2008, 15:49   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Garage is only visible on front page.
BTW are you using some adblock app?
I get it in the home page too
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg  

Old 11th August 2008, 16:06   #1518
Senior - BHPian

EL: Thats what Tanveer meant i.e. the Garage is visible only on Forum home page.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:12   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
EL: Thats what Tanveer meant i.e. the Garage is visible only on Forum home page.
I am talking about the white space above that.

I think hemanthisgreat is right, probably my adblock is on, will check that.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:20   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Oh ok. Yes its becasue of the ad blocker in your browser.
Old 12th August 2008, 15:07   #1521
BHPian

is there anyway that i cannot see the ads because i feel it too much of a distraction when i am viewing tbhp.
Old 12th August 2008, 15:56   #1522
Senior - BHPian

If you are using fire fox browser then install the adblock addin which will block the ads.
Old 12th August 2008, 18:17   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
If you are using fire fox browser then install the adblock addin which will block the ads.
i am only using internet explorer. may be i will download firefox for tbhp.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:59   #1524
BHPian

One common issue we have is that of multiple threads running on the same topic, leading to duplication and bits and pieces of information, here and there. ( I see multiple threads on the 3GC Honda City,Fiat Linea, Toyota Corolla etc).I truly understand what a nightmare it must be for you guys to manage a site of this scale. It would become impossible, if each and every thread needs to go through layers of approval , before it can be initiated. Physically imposible -it would probably kill spontaneity and fun as well. However, could a functionality be provided, so that, when the thread initiator presses the submit button:
a) A list of related threads prop up(based on title) and the thread initiator is asked to confirm "whether the information he seeks/provides is already present in those similar threads?"
b) At least a simple warning props up which says - "have you searched the forum to ensure that this is not duplication?" May be the search form can be part of the question prop-up window so as to aid the person.
Ultimately, we must rely on ,and trust, the judgement of the thread initiator and the mods can intervene once in a while.

Last edited by sridharps : 14th August 2008 at 11:01.
Old 14th August 2008, 11:46   #1525
Senior - BHPian

@sridharps: We would be more than glad to have such a functionality

I will leave it for GTO to answer if any such solution is available or not but I will list a few practical issues:

See ideally every one should search before posting but for various reasons peopl dont do that.

- People often name threads differently for similar issues, so it would still be an issue.

- Once some one posts a thread a list of similar threads is displayed at the bottom of the page. Once can check these find out.

- Once a member finds out that a particular thread is a duplicate of an existing thread he\she can click on the Report post icon & provide a link to the existing thread. This allows the support team to take an action.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:00   #1526
Distinguished - BHPian

@sridhar, the report post option that Techno has mentioned is what we use to do our bit to help the Mods in this respect.

Anytime you see a duplicated thread, you can find the thread where it is already being discussed, copy the link to that thread, and quote this link in the thread you want to report to.

to explain with an example :
if you see thread #1 (new thread) with content already being discussed in thread #2 (older thread). Then get the link for thread #2, go to thread #1 and report thread #1 using the icon Techno mentioned. In the message, quote Thread #2. This will make the mod's job a little easier. The mods will then take a call to merge or close the new thread, as appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Old 18th August 2008, 13:23   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@sridhar, the report post option that Techno has mentioned is what we use to do our bit to help the Mods in this respect.
Hope this helps.
Understood,thanks. I guess that is fine as long as it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrat
See ideally every one should search before posting but for various reasons peopl dont do that.
Agreed , Technocrat. My point was whether a gentle nudge, by way of an additional question/suggestion, might force a few more people to search. Team-BHP has grown and is growing by leaps and bounds. You guys are doing a great job and obviously it must be getting tougher as growth happens- so I was wondering whether there could be something to make your life easier.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:11   #1528

Guys, one problem that i have faced recently is that there is no upload tool on the PM section. Could something be done about that?
Old 18th August 2008, 14:25   #1529
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Cyrus, our software doesn't yet allow for attachments within PMs. We would not want anyone using our disc space for private files anyways.
Old 20th August 2008, 12:35   #1530
BHPian

Suggestions to improve T-BHP :)

Hi,

I always thought, it would be much better if one can look at a thread and find out when it was initiated rather than finding out by entering it.

What do you all think?? Pour in your suggestions as well.

@Mods: what do you think?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th August 2008 at 13:01. Reason: Search please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks