Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians.html)

"To stand still is the same as moving backward". With this in mind, I invite the entire Team-BHP community to show us the way forward. Please enlist your suggestions on this thread. Be assured that your suggestions will be implemented at the earliest, as long as they are viable and are viewed as a value-add to Team-BHP.

Thanks much in advance!

Would be good if a certain super admin who likes Jeeps, would start liking dogs! To begin with, first go to my topic and check out the cute white one:D

Just kidding bro. Anyway, don't you think the site could do with some good colours rather than being dull grey?

Also, it would be good if we could access the site without any probs! Couldn't access it for half a day. PMed V12 many times on xbhp.com. He replied saying he wasn't able to access it from Friday (wonder how he survived)!

Cud use more smilies.

...And a new section for bikes too.
Besides that i feel that an feature could be provided where in the member can see the last 10-15 posts that he has done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]anywayz dont you think the site could do with some good colours ratther than being dull grey?

Fine. I will post some new skins on Team-BHP. It is a complicated procedure and I have read of users having problems with new skins. Either ways, I will put some up for votes after testing one or two for reliability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also good would be that we could access the site without any probs!!! couldnt access it for half a day

I am aware of this problem and talking with the server guys almost every day trying to sort things out. I assure you this problem will be solved for good in less than 3 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Cud use more smilies

Your wish is our command. New smilies will be imported during the next back-up session.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]...And a new section for bikes too.

Section for bikes has just been added. Riders rejoice. I will move all the bike topics there during the next back-up session.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Besides that i feel that an feature could be provided where in the member can see the last 10-15 posts that he has done.

The Ikonboard software does not support this feature. It is best to click on "new posts" once you log in to see recent activity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] to begine with first go to my topic and check out the cute white one:

Check your topic now.

Thanks, and keep them coming.

GTO

i think we need a chat applet or maybe a chat room where active team-bhp can have a conversation

Hey GTO.......why dont we guys start up with a gallery,where all the car pics(indian and international) can be seen alltogether....
And we shud also start posting our own(members) pics with a lil of dat intro thingie,cos they r quite a few members who have not even met each other.....it'll be good for d guyz livin outta mumbai.......wot say mate??
And yeah,i think the site looks simple and good with not too many colors galore.
Laterz!!!

Kinetik, the Chat issue has been addressed in the first post of this topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]And we shud also start posting our own(members) pics with a lil of dat intro thingie,cos they r quite a few members who have not even met each other

Every members profile actually has an option to load a personal photograph. As a start, I have just uploaded mine. You can view it in my member profile here.. Why dont the rest of you upload pictures too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hey GTO.......why dont we guys start up with a gallery,where all the car pics(indian and international) can be seen alltogether....

Dont you think that the current set-up would be much preferred, where the pictures and messages are integrated? That way you can have a look at the photographs and read some information on them in the relevant thread. Either ways, I know what you are saying and will discuss this with other moderators over the Team-BHP Panchgani drive.

GTO

Dear GTO,

Well.... Changes changes and changes these are the perfect way to have perfection..... Well being a PC admin u must take of all the action and responsibilites of the Fourm

Pts which help you out.. which i implemented once upon a time

>> you can add Different Sections for different brands, like Maruti, Opel.. etc.

>> you can allow members to choose their own fourm skins

>> you can also add up a section spl for users wanting help in clearing their confusion for purchasing new cars.. like which car to buy, palio or indiac, accord or camry... etc

>> you can open up a section for offcial press releases... though it will be a working job to keep it updated but wil help u a lot.

>> a new section for site problems and feed back

>> and you can always add up a chat room, i know it will create some problem with ikonboard but though we can make a try like opening up a pop up window or using iframe.

Many more suggestion to line up....... but u know time is money, and money is essence for me.... ......nevermind i am alws here to help you out and posting out crazyly 24x7

2f2f

To take up a few points already mentioned...

1: different skins: This would be nice ONLY if each member could choose his own skin. I personally like this simple grey screen now, as it keeps the attention on whats written, and also increases DL speeds. Too much clutter woud just slow thngs down. Xbhp is a good example of how things can go a bit overboard. I don't mean any harm, but that site is just way to cluttered, making actually viewing whats written a chore! The users signatures are so large that they hog all the bandwidth, and to add to that, the actual matter is so small, that you actually sometimes miss an entire comment. Colors are nice, as long as they don't interfere with the main reason this board is here.

2. Separate gallery: Like GTO, I prefer the pics along with the topic itself. This makes them more relevant when viewing. However, a gallery could be a good idea for things like T-BHP meets, pics of certain models of cars which ppl can access at one place. I dunno about how much space that would take though.

3. More smilies: Yup, we could all us these!!

4: Allow us to upload pics directly from our PC if possible. Not sure about the logistics for this though, but, if possible, it would be a lot easier!

erm...thats all I can think of for now!

Rtech

Just an update.

We will very soon be moving to a professional grade hosting company, who are the absolute best in the business - WORLDWIDE. Not only do they have the latest IT infrastructure (including Sun Microsystems equipment and an underground data center for security) but they are extremely pro-active, knowledgeable and customer-centric.

It will be a painful task moving the entire board over, but not one single member/guest should have complaints about accessibility henceforth.

This is just one of the steps we are taking to ensure a pleasant experience for all you Team-BHPians!

GTO

2fast2furious,

Adding a different section for each manufacturer does not make sense as it will lead to a very cluttered and segregated layout. All topics relevant to the Indian car scene must be posted in that specific forum itself.

As Rtech has rightly mentioned, usage of too many colours will take the attention away from the core of the matter - Members posts. But still, we will allow members to choose their own skins.

A review section will be coming up shortly wherein members can post their reviews of cars, and ask about potential purchases. Press releases will come in due time, with the growth of Team-BHP.

Site problems and feedback can always be PM'ed to me at any time, or posted under shifting gears. We will have them sorted out as soon as possible. That is one of the reasons behind the decision to shift to a premium and professional grade hosting company. None of you should have any problems henceforth.

The possibility of a chat-room has been discussed amongst us, and then discarded for reasons outlined in the first post of this topic.

Rtech, new smilies will be added very shortly. Posting pictures directly will lead to a massive amount of server memory being used. However, this matter will also be discussed over the Panchgani trip.

Thanks for the great suggestions, and keep them coming.

GTO

SKins, grpahics n all other masala need to be kept at a minimum.
Keep the colours simple and pleasant to the eyes.

I think the moderators need to sit together and think abt eliminating or merging certain sections.
The number of diff section s need to kept at a minimum (like McDonalds Menu)
Like tech n mods can be merged.
Collection of Best threads can be eliminated (i'll explain why)
Intl Machines and Supercars in India can bemerged into one.
Pedal to metal can come under shifting gears.

Also speed is esentiel. Not everyone is sitting on broad band.
At times it take long time to view pages esp where some members have heavy graphics/animation on their signatures.

Ikonboard if im not mistaken has a facility where shortcuts/links to the latest 5 posts are displayed. This saves one a lot of time from going to each section and looking for new posts.

Thr is also a facility where the most hottest ot popular threads are displayed (why u dont need a seaprate section for that).

Chat is a waste of time.

Just my 2 cents. Even otherwise this forum makes a great place to hang out!!

Cheers!
Tom

keep it plain n simple, less number of forums (have been in forums where i have managed to post a topic n never find out where i had done that lol), classifications of sections should be logical and clear to dumb people like me

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]SKins, grpahics n all other masala need to be kept at a minimum.
Keep the colours simple and pleasant to the eyes.

Tom, exactly my thoughts. Team-BHP will eternally stay a simple and easy-to-follow design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

I think the moderators need to sit together and think abt eliminating or merging certain sections.

While we will not necessarily eliminate sections, we will look at merging technical/modifications and better segregating the look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Also speed is esentiel. Not everyone is sitting on broad band.

Thats precisely the reason why we havent opted for flash or too many graphics. On the second comment...well, pictures will take time to load. I suggest the Opera browser to you, whereby you can view pages without the images too. Its a far superior browser to the Internet Explorer.

Also, we will soon be moving over to a brand new pro-grade server. Page loading times should decrease after transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Ikonboard if im not mistaken has a facility where shortcuts/links to the latest 5 posts are displayed. This saves one a lot of time from going to each section and looking for new posts.

Am glad you mentioned it, as Team-BHP already has this feature. After logging in, simply click on "new posts" on the top of the home page. This will take you to the latest posts and thus eliminate the need for visiting and searching in every forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Thr is also a facility where the most hottest ot popular threads are displayed (why u dont need a seaprate section for that).

I dont want to clutter up the home page any more. But hot threads are indicated by a special sign.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]classifications of sections should be logical and clear to dumb people like me *

First complaint on the classifications, Jaggu. Let me speak to the moderators and see if we can do anything on this count.

GTO