Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

PAN Card Application process for Foreign Nationals

Hi All,

As the subject line states, I need to know the process of applying for the PAN card for the foreign nationals. I spoke to NSDL officials but the answers are not very confidence inspiring.

Please help!
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:50   #2
BHPian

It's very simple. You need a copy of your passport, one photograph, and a proof of your address in India (such as bank statement, telephone or utility bill). Our firm has done it for literally hundreds of persons.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
It's very simple. You need a copy of your passport, one photograph, and a proof of your address in India (such as bank statement, telephone or utility bill). Our firm has done it for literally hundreds of persons.
Hi Filcord,

As mentioned earlier, I would need it for the foreign nationals. The NSDL officials mentioned that the passport needs to be attested by the Indian Embassy. When I checked with him whether he meant FRRO/FRO, he was confused. Also what are the fees and the ideal time line in getting it done? And yes, if you don't mind providing the list of documents, it would be great. May be you can PM me that.

Last edited by amtak : 2nd June 2009 at 16:11.
Old 4th June 2009, 10:32   #4
BHPian

As I said, 1) notarised copy of your (foreign) passport, attested by any Indian Notary, 2) one passport size photograph 3) one copy of any proof of address, such as your latest bank statement, latest paid electricity or telephone bill (all these should have your full address on them).
There are hundreds of professionals who will get your PAN card, go to the nearest Chartered Accountant. It's a snap.

Most Viewed