Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 12:24   #16
BANNED

@Phamilyman: Just see the amount of money being spent on Delhi. Lowest taxes in India, highest central funding per capital. Where do you think all the money for the fly overs, metro, etc. is coming from? Even hard core Delhiites now agree. The rest of India exists only to feed an pamper Delhi.

After all the new Maharajas must be kept in style.
Old 5th June 2009, 13:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I am looking for land in Gurgaon, on which I plan get the home built myself.
Can anyone comment on the approximate construction cost these days, per sq.feet/sq yd, say for a very basic construction (No jacuzzi/modular kitchen stuff).
Old 5th June 2009, 14:01   #18
BHPian

Assuming the flats to be identical, Dwarka will be a much better choice always because it is Delhi. Gurgaon residence is only worthwhile if:

(a) Your office is there
(b) You are getting the house at a good price.

I have recently bought a house in GGN because of (b). The size and quality of the house that I have bought at Gurgaon would have set me another 20 Lacs minimum in Delhi.

That said, Gurgaon connectivity has tremendously improved with the new highway.

I think the type/size/society is the first deciding factor followed by price. A 5 Lac premium is not much for a Delhi address.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Can anyone comment on the approximate construction cost these days, per sq.feet/sq yd, say for a very basic construction (No jacuzzi/modular kitchen stuff).
it will be difficult to give break here, but on the floor basis, in Gurgaon(60% ground flr, 60% 1st flr and 40% 2nd flr coverage), for 250 Sq Yard, ground floor will cost around 14-15 Lakh, First floor will cost around 10-12, and 2nd floor cost around 7-8 Lakh.

Basement costs around 20 Lakh.

These are very rough figures and vary based on design, material, etc etc.

I visited some of the under construction or almost completed homes, and found that they managed very good build under that cost. Material is very costly in Gurgaon and Labor is pain to handle. We even have planned to bring labor from delhi and get the work done day-night

Last edited by rkbharat : 5th June 2009 at 14:06.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

@sgiitk: I googled a bit but couldn't get any links - would request if you could share any links. It would be instructive.

@rkbharat: The cost of the land itself is prohibitive given the amount of black asked (70% if not more). What sectors are you considering?

@DCE: Around 1200-1500 psf was what someone told me for a decently furnished place
Old 5th June 2009, 14:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

@rkbharat: The cost of the land itself is prohibitive given the amount of black asked (70% if not more). What sectors are you considering?

Thats is true evey where.

sector 45-46 or 9A-9B.

BTW I just read in TOI about EMAAR having some good plan in Gurgaon, Rates were good. Also recieved the mail few minutes back.

Last edited by rkbharat : 5th June 2009 at 14:14.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:19   #22
Team-BHP Support

If metro is a criteria, do not worry. DMRC has an enviable reputation of completing projects ahead of schedule. One year back everybody thought the noida dedline was impossible, and look where the project is now! Its going to start functioning 2 months ahead of schedule!
Other that that it all depends upon your workplace, and your usual haunts, and how much value do you give to Delhi Tag.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Workplace = Gurgaon 80-90% chance (if in NCR).
Haunts = majorly ruled out under the crush of the homeloan
Value demanded for delhi tag = 20+ lakh in cash. Nowhere near what I'd want to pay for the same.

EMAAR is decent but nowhere cheap again. can have a separate email chain on that if you're interested
Old 5th June 2009, 18:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

My Rule no 1. never plan for house, based on your job location, because job may change, but you can not buy/sell house every now and then. And what if you had to change the location all together.

So look for house where family members are around, so that they can look after your house when you are away.

Purely my theory.

No I am not interested in EMAAR as they have only independent floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Workplace = Gurgaon 80-90% chance (if in NCR).
Haunts = majorly ruled out under the crush of the homeloan
Value demanded for delhi tag = 20+ lakh in cash. Nowhere near what I'd want to pay for the same.

EMAAR is decent but nowhere cheap again. can have a separate email chain on that if you're interested
Old 5th June 2009, 19:04   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Plenty of individuals want to sell Dwarka flats on full cheque basis - you've got to be a little patient and hunt around. The sellers who want cash are usually the dealers (or real estate consultants, as they like calling themselves). Dwarka vs. Gurgaon - the answer is, you want a flat, go for Dwarka. You want an independent house or at least an independent floor, go for Gurgaon. But be prepared to bear a higher cost for power, water and other amenities in Gurgaon, for the luxury of your own 'bungla'.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Rule no 1. never plan for house, based on your job location, because job may change
+1 but strangely very few people think that way
Old 5th June 2009, 23:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

RKB - you need to add another logic - never plan for location because of job - but IF you must stay there, the place must be easily accessible.

Say Sarita Vihar in SE delhi is a good place to "stay" or even rent - but what's the point of owning if I never stay in it ever. I'm not an investor.

All I am saying is that most of my kinda MBA non-IT jobs in Delhi are pretty much only in Gurgaon, except some 20% in Noida. so I keep that perspective as well.
Old 6th June 2009, 05:45   #28
BHPian

Interesting thread this and I seem to share some of the feelings that @Phamilyman has, however here are some things I can share as I have been on the look out for an upgrade for over 6 months myself.

Well I live in Dwarka and own a 3 Bed apartment & am working in Gurgaon. I bought this flat in early 2003 and was staying in Rohini, prior to this at a rented accommodation. I must say Dwarka has changed quite a lot since we came in here.

As I work at Gurgaon, there are many colleagues who stay in Gurgaon or shifted from various places in Delhi to Gurgaon for ease of commute.

- Commute One of the things that you may realize only with experience is that commute to Gurgaon areas close to Delhi Border like Udyog Vihar is faster from Dwarka than from Gurgaon.
- Dwarka gives you the feeling of being closer to coveted or important areas of Delhi. CP is connected by direct Metro; South Ex market is 30 mins drive; District Center at Janak Puri is 20 mins or Metro; Airport is 15 mins away(Domestic & International); Railway Stations are either connected through Metro or 40 mins away; Gurgaon Malls at 25 mins away etc. Whereas in Gurgaon at certain times going to Delhi is unthinkable.

- Water is an issue at both places, however Gurgaon may be better as private builders should have RO systems installed. Dwarka societies manage this for the members.

- Power backup is much better in Gurgaon. Most builders have planned for AC backups as well and this is important during the summer months. Most Dwarka societies cater to light and fan fittings on each room. Even though I would say having a backup is one aspect but paying only for backup is another. My experience of outages would not go beyond an average of 2-3 hours a day in Dwarka and may be not even be that much vis a vis 7-9 hours in Gurgaon as heard from colleagues.
- If you are in the right sectors, this should not be a big botheration in Dwarka.

- Conveniences dont have a comparison from my perspective and this may be different for different people. If you have a family or plan to have one there are more factors that attract buyers to Dwarka than Gurgaon. You would have well things which we Delhiets have got used to to having.

- From Home at Dwarka/Delhi:-
- Metro should be 10 mins by Rikshaw.
- Auto stands 10 mins walk.
- Mother/Milk Dairies will be 5-10 mins walk.
- Parks would be 5-10 mins walk.
- Markets in the 10 mins walk range (With Barber shops and beauty parlors).
- Bus network is improving with an interstate bus terminus coming up.
- Gas stations with reliable fuel quality available at every corner.
- Schools (Coveted one's too) 10 mins drive. Dwarka is said to have the largest number of schools in NCR. A lot of these offer swimming pool membership at reasonable rates.
- Amongst the Best roads in Delhi.
- Others like DDA Sports complexes, Green surrounds, Weekly vegetable markets and extra HRA tax benefits etc are others that come to my mind.
- Dwarka has high crime rate in Delhi. More security measures have been taken, but am yet to see results.

- From Home at Gurgaon
- Malls fall in the 15 mins drive time if you are lucky as most of Delhi uses them as picnic spots and crams the roads in the process
- Weekend trips to Jaipur dont need you to deal with the Jammed Expressway or Delhi Traffic.
- Fitness clubs and swimming pools may be within the complex. Thus free as memberships are generally mandatory when you buy the property.
- Wealth of recreational activities like water parks, gamming zones.
- Decent to good quality food joints.
- More 5 star hotels than Dwarka.
- Availability of Golf Courses.
- Going to Delhi is like a fever specially during the peak traffic time.
- Security is worse than Delhi but better than Noida.

- Property Related Dwarka
- While buying a flat is Dwarka, all old constructions would come with a heavy Black money burden. One trick to avoid this is to go for societies getting released from Society Scam in Delhi. These are ready to move in unused 1-2 year old constructions where allotments are slowly happening.
- All new societies getting released from the scam if bought into before DDA allotment, will save you registration & free hold cost. Remember, you would get the flat through draw of lots which means it may not be the best location per your need of Sunlight/Vastu etc. ALSO this is risky as there is no reliable way to judge that the society is being released from the scam.
- Try and steer clear of financers at both Gurgaon and Dwarka as they have money at stake and will have anywhere between 2 to 20 lac rupee cut on the deal.
- Flat cost in Dwarka is high and may command that premium in the times to come.

- Property Related Gurgaon
- Choose reputed builders and make sure work in on at site. Many builders are out of cash including large one's who have sold assets to banks.
- Check with banks on property finance availability as some areas dont get property loans.
- Check if freehold or not.
- Quality of construction should be better in Gurgaon.
- Please check for all kinds of costs not highlighted in the very first meeting. These can be like preferential location, parking, club, floor level wise costs.

Make up the best choice for yourself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well overall I have a personal preference for Dwarka, even though I have been on the lookout for a new flat for last 6 months, I have visited as far as Greater Noida but always given up everything else to Dwarka. We have been uncomfortable in the current flat with a growing family but we just are not willing to move out of Dwarka for now

Last edited by nishant_kingpin : 6th June 2009 at 05:58.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Interesting my kingpin friend.

I agree to many points though I must say where I am in gurgaon, alot of those conveniences are there as well, but the connectivity is def an issue.

The ultimate stumbling block is still the cash demand (almost 50%). Which at the moment is proving to be quite a task.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that is valid in some cases.

BTW when you make your mind for Dwarka, PM me, as I have something you might like, in sector 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
RKB - you need to add another logic - never plan for location because of job - but IF you must stay there, the place must be easily accessible.

Say Sarita Vihar in SE delhi is a good place to "stay" or even rent - but what's the point of owning if I never stay in it ever. I'm not an investor.

All I am saying is that most of my kinda MBA non-IT jobs in Delhi are pretty much only in Gurgaon, except some 20% in Noida. so I keep that perspective as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks