Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 16:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rediff online experience in the first place sucks.
@mobike - After reading your experience of BB storm - I think one should avoid buying online anything which is expensive. (Only from an individual seller).
Old 5th June 2009, 16:58   #17
BHPian

The problem is not just with the seller, its with Rediff. There could be dozens of Ojjas' out there. I do not think any seller can actually manipulate the ratings without the active involvement of the staff at rediff.

There are other sites where one can hide negative comments, but they do count in the tally. In this case, the rating itself is being fudged.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:06   #18
BHPian

I always went by the user feedback / ratings & bought stuff from Ebay & never faced any problems. Have purchased expensive stuff like digital cameras & highend phones without any problems till date. I have also used fabmall & it has always been a pleasant experience.

Safetywise, I feel Ebay is relatively safe & secure compared to Rediff, even though I have heard of frauds with Ebay abroad. I myself was about to be hoodwinked once by some Italian for a purchase of a laptop with Western Union money transfer. This way, Paypal/paisapay offers protection against any unwanted situations.

Rediff's online shopping never appealed me ever because of their cheap footpath like products.

Suggestion: Better buy only known, branded products and avoid those china makes, unless you have a recommendation from someone known who has used them.
Old 5th June 2009, 23:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Simple advice. Avoid rediff shopping like the plague!

Do you want to buy from a site that does not have a customer care phone contact ? I have had my bad experience with rediff and all you can do is email which they conveniently ignore.
In my case, some goof up in the rediff website backend app together with browser back/forward caused them to 'show' 1 footpump while once I paid for it through card, they billed me for THREE footpumps.
No amounts of email ever got any expected response. Luckily for me, the seller understood my plight, and declined (out of stock) for 2 pumps, so I got my refund back.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:33   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
@mobike - After reading your experience of BB storm - I think one should avoid buying online anything which is expensive. (Only from an individual seller).
That was a Blackberry BOLD. You touched on a jarring nerve. Yes, that was one helluva nightmarish experience
Old 8th June 2009, 11:17   #21
BHPian

Rediff still maintains their theory that the rating got auto-posted due to a delay on my side. I have made it clear that I had posted my feedback on the same day. In any case, they have no right to post a feedback +ve or -ve on behalf of the customer.

Threatening legal action does not seem to wake them up.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:40   #22
BHPian

^^^ Agree!! Auto positive comments are a reflection of Rediff's poor integrity IMO.

Now, to veer off topic for a moment as I've read this comment from Mod several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
... is a proper form of punctuation. It is called the ellipsis. (here's an extract from the wikipedia)

"Ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission") is a term in printing and writing that refers to a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (aposiopesis).
The most common form of an ellipsis is a row of three periods or full stops (...). Forms encountered less often are: three asterisks (***), one em dash (—), multiple en dashes (––), and the Unicode Ellipsis symbol […]."
Old 9th June 2009, 10:45   #23
BHPian

After I threatened legal action, Rediff seems to be taking me a little seriously. They have gone back on their statement that feedback is auto-generated. They have clarified that Rediff has no right or no access to enter feedback.

According to them, my experience is an isolated and unique case and they have promised to take every measure to ensure that such mistakes do not recur. The customer support agent who was earlier trying to make excuses has now apologized.

I don't think anything will change at Rediff since this seems to be a mere damage-control exercise.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:54   #24
BHPian

I use Ebay for most purchases; and I've been taken for a ride a number of times. Sometime on products worth Rs.1800 all the way upto Rs.7500. I think its all about luck and once you find a good seller, STICK TO HIM!
(By the way, I'm yet to find a decent enough seller for a second purchase! Also, this is ebay.com, not ebay.in)
Old 9th June 2009, 12:24   #25
BHPian

Nothing beats Amazon. Guess it is the best. The second best is ebay but rediff is horrible in every way.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a couple of branded mobile phones from Rediff and I did not have any problem at all. If buying on the internet, suggest to always go in for branded items as then quality of the product will not be a suspect.

I also bought a few non branded local items from Rediff, Times Shopping as well as from eBay and they were not up to the mark but then I guess for the kind of price the product was sold, one cannot expect anything better !

In any case, all shopping websites claim that they do not guarantee the quality of products, that is entirely upto the seller, the website is only a medium for the transaction and a place to bring together the buyer and the seller.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Girl View Post
Nothing beats Amazon. Guess it is the best. The second best is ebay but rediff is horrible in every way.
But they dont ship few products to India, which is a bit annoying.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

never used rediff online shopping but hindushopping is pretty good and have bought a lot of books from them. Even when books were damaged due to courier issues, they have replaced the same on a couple of occasions.
Old 11th June 2009, 14:14   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
I use Ebay for most purchases; and I've been taken for a ride a number of times. Sometime on products worth Rs.1800 all the way upto Rs.7500. I think its all about luck and once you find a good seller, STICK TO HIM!
(By the way, I'm yet to find a decent enough seller for a second purchase! Also, this is ebay.com, not ebay.in)
Exactly, this is known as " Favorite Seller". you get updates when he adds new items to his shop and if you exprienced good transaction with him. Stick to him.

Btw, my cousin works for Rediff and i shared this thread with him and asked him to pass on these feedbacks to their internal system
Old 26th July 2009, 09:27   #30

Had a bad experience with Rediff Shopping.
The image stabilizer of the 60K + worth lens was found be bad, the dealer refuses to accept that the lens is faulty, Rediff keeps a hands off attitude.

Besides the dealer, Rediff is no less a cheat.
The online transaction was for a 3 month EMI whereas I get the total amount in this months statement, the customer care has stopped responding to my mails.

On One hand spend the extra to repair the lens on the other take the hit of paying entire amount in one go.

Lets see, may be, just may be, (i am quite lazy) will take them to task.

Didnt I know that I could check Team-Bhp before I proceeded to shop at Rediff ? well, hmmmmmmm sometimes being stupid is human I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks