Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 19:59   #31
BHPian

Avoid Rediff and Indiatimes by all means.

ebay is comparatively safe to deal with. Their Paisapay system is very good. I purchased quite a lot of costly items from ebay - so far good experience. The nice thing is if you report that the item is not as described or defective or the item is not received by you, you will get back your money (of course the complain must be true!!).
Old 6th August 2009, 20:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Sounds really scary! Placed an order with them for a book last week. Yet to recieve it... estimated delivery time is about 45 days (apparently the book is sourced from USA). Has anybody bought books from them?

I was going to place a couple more orders... but now I'm gonna rethink...
Hope it was not costly. I never do anything on the net and am quite wary of the happening but I let down my guard and bought a book from rediff.com sometime back. It cost a measly 99/- and it was the main reason i bought it.
The book never arrived for nearly 2 weeks after which I got mail informing me that the book was out of stock and then I had to fight with rediff to get my 99/- back.
So all the best with your book.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:58   #33
BHPian

I had a bad experience with Rediff shopping some 3 years back. I ordered a wrist watch worth 2.5k. I had to pay the cash on the delivery and the guy did not allow me to open the package while delivery. He just wanted to pay the cash and later when I opened it, I did find a watch; but I think it was worth only Rs.100. It never worked from the day 1 and I tried couple of servicing on it. Still no go..
Rediff shopping was a horrifying experience for me.
Old 11th July 2017, 18:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Rediff Shopping

Unfortunately, I am seeing this thread after I ordered Rs 1000/- worth product yesterday.

I just cancelled the order today after seeing this. In my credit card transaction details, I did not see this transaction before I canceled the order. Even now, it is not reflecting. I called up Credit card service provider and asked him to stop payment but, unfortunately, there is no provision to stop payment.

Do you guys think I would get the money back from Rediff since
1. I canceled the order even before they dispatched the product?
2. They have not yet claimed the amount from my credit card(As per service provider)

Guys, Please help me if there is any other better way of handling this
Old 11th July 2017, 20:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Guys, Please help me if there is any other better way of handling this
Wow, so rediff shopping still exists. Heard a friend's experience like almost 8 years back and I remember it wasn't a positive one. Having said that, I don't think there is a risk to your money. You should get a refund as you canceled before the dispatch is actually done. Just follow up once with Rediff customer care and you should be good. Do let us know, when you get your credit.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Having said that, I don't think there is a risk to your money. You should get a refund as you canceled before the dispatch is actually done. Just follow up once with Rediff customer care and you should be good. Do let us know, when you get your credit.
Thanks for the confidence provided. As suggested, I followed up twice and raised a complaint and got a ticket number.

Yesterday, I got my money credited back to my card. Finally, I am happy that I did not get cheated
Old 24th July 2017, 11:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Does Rediff and Indiatimes still have operations in E-Commerce ?

They should have been shut down a decade ago.
Old 24th July 2017, 22:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Yesterday, I got my money credited back to my card. Finally, I am happy that I did not get cheated
Happy to hear about it . Safe shopping now !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks