Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 11:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Menace: someone spitting on rear view mirrior

How do you guys handle these scums of society? See the attached pic of my Bullet parked in society parking lot (can happen to my Safari too, parked nearby). Someone, used the mirror to admire himself and then spit on it. Must be a paan chewing, sad mental case who can't stand the success of a fellow civilian.

I can't suspect watchmen- he had no clue who did it either . Must be some visitors or the drivers hired by the residents?

I spend hours every weekend to clean my cars and keep the Bullet shining. This boils my blood. If I could catch him, I would have made him lick that mirror clean.

What are my options to prevent recurrence?

Thanks for any input.

-BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Menace: someone spitting on rear view mirrior-25052009.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 11:07   #2
BHPian

I assume its your parking lot, get a bike cover that helps.
Old 7th June 2009, 11:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

disgusting is the word!
All the best in finding the culprit
Old 7th June 2009, 11:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, maybe the guy did not like what he saw (his face in the mirror) !!
Old 7th June 2009, 11:49   #5
BHPian

This is disgusting man !!! may be someone is having a personal vendetta against you.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:17   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Spit Fire

Rightly said;someone who envies your well kept property
Old 7th June 2009, 12:18   #7
BHPian

Disgusting. This seems to have been done knowingly. On the roads, I have seen bus and car passengers and drivers spitting out of the window without thinking of passers by on the side. We have to drive along mannerless drivers as well as these fools on the road . We have to face these idiots even in the parking lots . When will these idiots learn to respect others?????
Old 8th June 2009, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
I assume its your parking lot, get a bike cover that helps.
Thanks for suggestion.

Unfortunately, two wheeler parking is a common area under stilts near the common toilet- which visitors often use.

I am reluctant to park it covered, since it is grounded most of the time for days/fortnights together as being a family man nowadays my bullet errands have reduced to weekends only. I fear dampness/insects under the cover would accelerate corrosion of chromed parts :-(. Besides without cover it is easy for me to have a fleeting glance whenever I go to the parking lot to use my Safari.

But, I got an idea- probably I will source a couple of tiny Lord Ganpati stickers and put them on mirrors like they draw idols on the compound walls of govt properties across the country. It will hide some rear view area- but, better than washing spits

Last edited by bj96 : 8th June 2009 at 12:39.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

I remember this happening some time ago with me and my friend on bike at bkc road,my friend beat the hell out of him,i am sure he might have stopped eating all this
Old 8th June 2009, 15:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
How do you guys handle these scums of society? See the attached pic of my Bullet parked in society parking lot (can happen to my Safari too, parked nearby).
well, it could have been another luxury car not to mention safar alone ... cox there must be more cars parked in lot of your apartment parking. other way for you never attract any person near your bullet ... keep it as dirty as possible as no one wuld like to venture near such a vehicle ... otherwise keep you rear view dirty when you not driving as it wont show the spitter his face so he wont even bother to look into the mirror. On the contrary usually no one venture near bullets (with ill intentions) as bullets are mostly associated with rough & rowdy guys with whom not everyone wants to have a panga with

Last edited by Jonny Bravo : 8th June 2009 at 15:33.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:41   #11
BHPian

looks like someone with a personal grudge against you. could be just about anyone. i once saw a retired air marshall scratch a neighbours qualis with a stone and quickly disappear into his house.

now it could be just paan on your mirrors, tomorrow, it could be anything this POS chooses to do. one option if you want to spend a bit of money is to look for security cameras on ebay. install it inside the safari or at a vantage point and you will probably catch the person red handed.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:06   #12
BHPian

Bird shit?

Is this happening with just your bike and not others? The reason I am asking you is, I have seen some apartments where birds have made home in the parking lot and keep the whole place dirty! Is that the case here as well?
Old 8th June 2009, 17:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Must be a paan chewing, sad mental case who can't stand the success of a fellow civilian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Is this happening with just your bike and not others? The reason I am asking you is, I have seen some apartments where birds have made home in the parking lot and keep the whole place dirty! Is that the case here as well?
PAAN EATING BIRDS
Old 8th June 2009, 20:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Such characters should be beaten blue black!
I suggest covering the mirrors with small plastic bags. I've seen a construction contractor do that to his Yezdi, and he's cover the mirrors everytime he's go to a construction site. Why just the mirrors, I've got no clue.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:53   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Such characters should be beaten blue black!
Really? Are you serious? Physical violence is not something that we on TBHP recommend or condone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks