Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 22:36   #1
BHPian

Google Street view coming to India?

Found this on IndiaBroadBandForum site. Has anyone else noticed this? If this thing comes to India it will be really cool. Finally you can actually see the place you are going to before even stepping out of your house. Specially since roads in India are totally chaotic.

Google Street View Updates - Page 2 - Broadband Forum India
Old 8th June 2009, 22:51   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Found this on IndiaBroadBandForum site. Has anyone else noticed this? If this thing comes to India it will be really cool. Finally you can actually see the place you are going to before even stepping out of your house. Specially since roads in India are totally chaotic.

Google Street View Updates - Page 2 - Broadband Forum India

That's good news, however given the current security conditions, i think it may not be the wise thing to do. I thought that Google should get permission from the Government before providing access to street view. Have they got it already?

Hi, the link provided doesn't provide any authentic information, it seems to be a very wild guess.
regards
tifosi.

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 8th June 2009 at 22:53.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

The google car is going to get lost in bangalore roads. The driver will end up asking the locals for directions.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
That's good news, however given the current security conditions, i think it may not be the wise thing to do. I thought that Google should get permission from the Government before providing access to street view. Have they got it already?

Hi, the link provided doesn't provide any authentic information, it seems to be a very wild guess.
regards
tifosi.
Why do they need permission from the government ? Google have removed detailed pictures of indian defence establishments anyway so hardly a real issue. There are agencies from which the enemy can buy proper detailed spy satellite images from anyway so why I doubt they would bother with google with its 6 years out of date images.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The google car is going to get lost in bangalore roads. The driver will end up asking the locals for directions.
Also our news channels are going to identify every second car as the google car in their breaking and exclusive news!!!

Street view is badly needed in the crowded cities of the world, atleast our metros should have it if not the rest of the country.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:16   #6
BHPian

Google Street View car spotted at Nashik Phata, Pune.

It was Mahindra Scorpio with Google Equipments on Top.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Google is under fire for stealing email ids and passwords from unsecured wifi connections (in Paris??)

Just imagine the glee of the news channels here if anything like that is found.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Google is under fire for stealing email ids and passwords from unsecured wifi connections (in Paris??)

Just imagine the glee of the news channels here if anything like that is found.
Aaj Tak or India TV will report report like

"Sabse Bada chor kaun? Google. Kaisa lageka aapko agar koi aapki pehchan churayega?"
Old 25th October 2010, 12:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Aaj Tak or India TV will report report like

"Sabse Bada chor kaun? Google. Kaisa lageka aapko agar koi aapki pehchan churayega?"

Nah... it will be like "Sh.... Koi Hai", ""Koi hai jo apne computer se ap per nazar rakhe hue hai"
Old 25th October 2010, 12:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

If implemented completely, this would be the most challenging task that Google has ever taken up & will remain as one even in their history. I would never mind subscribing even if it comes with a small fee.

PS - There're many instances reported in this forum where SatNav & MMI shows that a road exists which is not motorable by cars. Hope Google takes care of these things.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
If implemented completely, this would be the most challenging task that Google has ever taken up & will remain as one even in their history. I would never mind subscribing even if it comes with a small fee.

PS - There're many instances reported in this forum where SatNav & MMI shows that a road exists which is not motorable by cars. Hope Google takes care of these things.
I agree in toto.

It would be a heck of an experience to have real-time street views. I extensively used Google's Street View to get around Washington DC on foot.
Old 25th October 2010, 15:46   #12
BHPian

I believe VidTeq - Navigation made easy | Video Maps for Bangalore | Location Based Services already has street view driving directions for Bangalore since quite a long time.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Google Street view coming to India?

my house on google street view

Google Street view coming to India?-untitled.jpg

close up

Google Street view coming to India?-untitled1.jpg
Old 6th April 2011, 22:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Well i have extensively used google maps since i've been here in bangalore (since last may) it and i find it very very useful. i have never had to ask any locals for any directions. google street view would be really awesome to have! looking fwd to it.
Old 6th April 2011, 23:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have also seen one scop with google street view thingy mounted on top in chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks