Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 18:40   #31
BHPian

With a waist size of 42" and shirt size of 46" I faced much the same problem. But there's this chain called "All" from Pantaloon that's targeted at "plus" sizes (the politically correct term for "fatso"). Most Pantaloon showrooms have a small collection from All, but there are dedicated outlets too, such as the one opposite Fame Adlabs on Andheri Link Road. On the flip side, they don't always have a wide range of styles or colours. Fortunately I'm not picky -- I don't mind having three pairs of jeans or shirts all in the same colour!
Old 1st September 2009, 19:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

With a waist size of 34 and shirt size of 42, I have problem with pants. Now I get them from USA, and only shirts from India.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
if you have a pantaloons near your place check out a brand called ALL in them they stack larger sizes.
Yes, Pantaloon have a brand call ALL, however it's too damn expensive, for what it is, they make you feel even more bad about being plus size, moreoever it's a very limited range. I too have difficulty finding cloths my size.

Last edited by musicmanaman : 1st September 2009 at 19:29.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:25   #34

There is a store in Pune at MG Road called "So What" -The Plus Size Store. The sizes there start from XL onwards. They have colthes for men as well as women. And from the display the clothes look stylish too.

Thanks
Abhishek
Old 1st December 2009, 08:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Well i am not a plus size. but I didn't want to clutter by creating a new thread and clutter for a small query.

Do we get Kangol stuff in Delhi or mumbai.?
Old 1st December 2009, 14:56   #36
BHPian

Frank,

I'm a tall guy and can understand your frustration. Whenever I like a pair of shoes they're ususally not available in my size. Same goes for shirts as well. Sometimes I feel that the retailers should put up a notice saying "we only cater to midgets and liliputians" (no offense to all of you average height folks)

Anyway I suggest that you try "Clothes Rack". They sell the export surplus stuff and not only would you get plus sizes but you'll also get a good variety of clothes. They have an outlet in Laxmi industrial estate and a smaller one in Irla lane (near Alfa).
Old 1st December 2009, 16:30   #37
BHPian

Sometimes what used to happen in the good old days is best.
Remember what we did when we were kids in school?
Our parents took us to a textile shop where material for shirts, shorts and trousers were bought and then we went to a (proper) tailor, (not one of those that we get in 'stylish n cosmopolitan' Mumbai nowadays- with strange beards, coloured hair, stranger hairdos and ungrammatical English- why speak such English when one can speak perfectly in the vernacular? but that's a separate debate) and get these stitched.

I think that is still the best solution and not necessarily for people who are generously endowed only.

Ready made clothing is easier to buy but is not necessarily good value.
I get my trousers and suits stitched and they suit me fine. Getting good shirtmakers is a little more difficult in Mumbai.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 1st December 2009 at 16:32.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

no body answering me!!

this is what happens when you jump into unrelated thread.
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:38   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
no body answering me!!
Maybe because none of us here is a fathead.
Actually, I had no clue what Kangol was till I checked it on Wikipedia.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Dude! that lolz!

Actually i had to gift somebody a barret cap. that too in blue color, like that of UN.
Old 6th October 2012, 12:33   #41
BANNED

Re: Wanted: GOOD Clothes for Plus Sized Males and Females

For my regular formal & informal wear, I am able to find clothes my size without any difficulty. However, at night while sleeping, I like to wear very large T-Shirts. I used to buy cheap XXL T-Shirts in the USA (5$ - 10$ max) & this served my purpose well & even today I wear them. But most of them are at their end-stage.

In India, in the cheaper variety, I found Proline XXL T-shirts, they were fine when I wore them, but after washing they became XL & not suitable. They don't seem to have XXXL. Anyone knows where I can find cheap XXXL T-Shirts or XXL which will remain XXL. I don't care what they look like coz I wear them only before going to sleep.
Old 8th October 2012, 05:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy
For my regular formal & informal wear, I am able to find clothes my size without any difficulty. However, at night while sleeping, I like to wear very large T-Shirts. I used to buy cheap XXL T-Shirts in the USA (5$ - 10$ max) & this served my purpose well & even today I wear them. But most of them are at their end-stage.

In India, in the cheaper variety, I found Proline XXL T-shirts, they were fine when I wore them, but after washing they became XL & not suitable. They don't seem to have XXXL. Anyone knows where I can find cheap XXXL T-Shirts or XXL which will remain XXL. I don't care what they look like coz I wear them only before going to sleep.
I am not sure which part of Mumbai you are in but if you are in the west then you can check out Raghu Leela Mall at Kandivli W next to Poisar Depot.As such the mall is pretty ordinary but every second shop there is a shop that sells plus sized shirts tshirts jeans abd trousers.I buy from shops there off and on as I myself need the so call plus sized clothes since Indian shops have chosen to classify me as as "not normal Indian size"!!
Old 8th October 2012, 08:18   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I am not sure which part of Mumbai you are in but if you are in the west then you can check out Raghu Leela Mall at Kandivli W next to Poisar Depot.As such the mall is pretty ordinary but every second shop there is a shop that sells plus sized shirts tshirts jeans abd trousers.I buy from shops there off and on as I myself need the so call plus sized clothes since Indian shops have chosen to classify me as as "not normal Indian size"!!
Am in the eastern suburbs, so that's rather far for me. But it's good to know. If I am on that side, I can check it out.
Old 8th October 2012, 10:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ok, it's been over three years and I am STILL the plus size I was not supposed to be. LOL.
Anyway, I DID manage to find a good shop that stocks DECENT shirts and trousers and jeans for obese people, and it's a shop called B&M at Atria Mall, Worli. They are slightly on the expensive side, but quality is good. Their T-Shirts are horrible, though.
Just go to the customer service desk and ask them for the PLUS SIZED store. They will guide you.
Besides, ALL comes up with yearly sales, and that's when I go buy their stuff.
Old 8th October 2012, 23:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
and it's a shop called B&M at Atria Mall, Worli.
For a moment I thought you said B&T, hoping he did not leave the audio business.

Think you guys should try Tirupur, our member Harrie had earlier posted that he has a manufacturing facility there and that he could help. The stuff that comes out of there is awesome and they do have the PLUS sizes of many popular brands, the quality too is just great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks