Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 22:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I guess this was the giveaway to the mystery company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
This statement just gives it away.
Edit: Dang, I'm redundant now
It was intended to be a giveaway, but only for IT professional or people who have friends in IT profession. Because they would relate to it on a more personal level.

For most people detached from Indian IT industry, it was meant to be a reflection of IT cos. in general without degrading a single company (even though, they have done me no good.)
Old 19th June 2009, 23:24   #17
BHPian

@akhilesh51

Bro, I was there in Mysore when the 'first UK batch' arrived. And dude, frankly speaking, most of the Indian trainees were absolutely pissed off at the discrimination dissed out by Infy.

Things did improve though, after some formal complaints were made. Laptops being officially allowed in 'normal' hostel rooms and so on. But to simply put it, the whole idea of UK/US batches was to make some noise, catch the headlines and that's it. No offense meant but that's the truth.

As for the work culture in most IT companies, well, that would require a new thread altogether.

Cheers bro. Am glad you made the right decision in the end.
Old 20th June 2009, 00:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Taken from a related thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...abor-laws.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Thats a hugely optimistic estimate. Where I work, pay starts at slightly greater than 10k ( we have a LOT of BSc grads who essentially do the same work as us, but at half the pay). Most of the folks I work with(mix of freshers and 2~3 year workex guys) get 15~30k, and I think bigger S/W firms pay similar figures, and smaller ones even less.
I was one of those earliest BSc grads. The policy was so designed that a BSc grad would have to work for a min of 3-4 years to be at par with a fresh Engineering grad. Now, I work for an American company, treated and earning at par if not more than some Engineers.
There is a feeling that it is the whites who display racist behaviour, but in reality, it is the indians who try to exploit fellow indians at each an every oppertunity.
Old 20th June 2009, 00:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

I expects no bashings :
Why Wipro, Infosys and TCS are “Axis of Evil” for Indian startups! |Entrepreneurship
Old 21st June 2009, 15:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
It was intended to be a giveaway, but only for IT professional or people who have friends in IT profession. Because they would relate to it on a more personal level
Even Canary Wharf was a major giveaway

I guess Infosys soon realised that these US/UK batches wont work. And wont work for a simple reason - the main guys who earn revenues are the techies/programmers. The BAs could just try and get some business. I think the whole concept of the company called "Infosys Consulting" failed for this very reason. They could never establish a synergy between the so-called Consultants and the Software engineers back home.
Old 29th July 2009, 18:22   #21
BHPian

maybe the company was turning a blind eye . .while you guys were splurging the Per diem on drinks and food.. Good for the Indian Economy
Old 29th July 2009, 19:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
maybe the company was turning a blind eye . .while you guys were splurging the Per diem on drinks and food.. Good for the Indian Economy
I thought per diem IS meant for food and travel and whatever else one feels is required for day to day living. I dont see how this comment is related to the thread.
Old 29th July 2009, 20:48   #23
BHPian

@akhilesh51

Dude, your story is just the tip of the iceberg, there are lots of sad stuffs being untold about this great(for ppl who don't work with this comp) company..
I'll put them on T-bhp very soon..
Old 30th July 2009, 10:01   #24
BHPian

reminds me of another company I once worked for, quite a well known name today, with a really strange policy never officially spoken about but acknowledged off the record. All the Project Managers had distinct western/xian sounding names! The PM's were all Indians, and the directors of the company were all pucca Marathi! Apprarently having people with "western" names in client facing roles made the task of sellin to western clients that much easier!

so having a name like "Patricia","Douglas" (or "Roy" :P) was an advantage, while an Aditya or Shrikant would be condemned to play second fiddle!

This is a kind of racism that we inflict on our own people.

Perhaps this explains the special treatment accorded to UK batch and US batch?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Big or small, reputed or non-reputed, size/name of the company hardly matters. What matters is how the CEO or the Executive management thinks.

Work ethics and work culture in any organization always trickles from top to the bottom. Period!

I have seen organizations going through sea change after change in the top management.

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks