Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Hello ,
What I meant was about the two trends I am aware of homeopathy now.

The First One is Classic Homeopathy which checks the patients total health condition by Practitioner asking various details to patient about the habits like sleeping,food habits etc.then suggests a Single Pill/powder to the patient to take.these days many uses computer softwares like software RADAR VITHOULKAS EXPERT System to ease the finding/compare the best solution for the particular person.
International Academy of CLASSICAL HOMEOPATHY - The Vithoulkas Expert System (V.E.S.)

Other One is Non-Classical Homeopathy.
Classical / non-Classical Homeopathy | Purton House Homeopathic Centre

PS: Remember I am not a homeo practitioner.but just got myself aware of some info about homeo

I have treatment for short sight(Myopia) by homeo under Dr.Binoy Vallabhassery at kottayam,kerala and found it good.
Deepclutch, this is the exact distinction between classical and homeopathy and the non classical. Classical is the right and intended way of treatment according to the founder of homeopathy and the non classical includes all the other ingenious methods of homeopathic treatment.

There was supposed to be only one way, ie the classical approach, however many find the incomplete way to their liking. So much so that Prof. Vithoulkas had to emphasize the term ''Classical" to make sure that homoepathy is used the way it is intended which is actually the only way.

The non classical homeopathic treatment is not homeopathic as they do not follow the rules of single remedy or minimum dose. Most of the doctors who use this approach use patented or specifics to get faster results and this method does not give importance to the hierarchy of the body and hence the body may fall ill again with a possibility of a deeper complaint surfacing, just like allopathy.

For eg. If a patient with skin complaint and diabetes visits a classical homeopath, he is not treated separately for both the conditions with different medications.

non classical homeopathy usually treats one condition(specific and unhomeopathic) but classical homeopathy treats any or all conditions that exist in the body with a single remedy at a time with a healing on not just physical but emotional and mental level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Damn. Never knew that one can get their Myopia cured with homeo. Can you kindly enlighten us on the same. I am curently on -3.5 and -4 on my L/R eyes. Would love to attempt Homeo to get it reduced .

Eagerly waiting for your reply
Homeopathy can provide results with the above mentioned condition, however it will take a skilled homeopath and time for the results to be apparent. The result will depend on the patients overall health and it may take more time since the healing will involve deep changes in the physical structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Excellent thread!! I do not prefer allopathy for ailments, I usually go for ayurveda.

Does some homeopathy medicines contain alcohol? If so, is it possible to get homeopathy treatment by avoiding medicines that contain alcohol?
All homeopathic remedies contain absolute alcohol as a preservative. Biochemics which are used by homeopaths in the form of tablets and powder do not contain alcohol, but they are not truly homeopathic in nature.

The quantity of alcohol in a single dose is very minimal when taken with globules (sugar pills) and almost imperceptible to taste.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Now that we are discussing homeopathy, can someone recommend a good homeopathic doctor in Bangalore. I have been looking for quite some time but haven't found any with reliable references.
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:59   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
deepclutch : PS:Anyone aware of Dr.Batras chain of Homoeo Clinics all over India?It seems these clinics collects a good premium.
Have got not good feedback about this chain.

What I hear is It is a chain, with a uniform setting, uniform medicine, a centralised billing & centralised medicine distribution, after a process-oriented consultation. Just wonder if every doc there in the chain is as gooood as Dr Batra himself.

Quote:
Jaguar : .. can someone recommend a good homeopathic doctor in Bangalore. .
Anything serious ?

Chk with theMod also.

Last edited by condor : 23rd June 2009 at 18:01.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Now that we are discussing homeopathy, can someone recommend a good homeopathic doctor in Bangalore. I have been looking for quite some time but haven't found any with reliable references.
Try Dr.Chandrashekhar. His address is:
22/2, Hospital Road , Shivaji Nagar , Bangalore - 560001
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS:Anyone aware of Dr.Batras chain of Homoeo Clinics all over India?It seems these clinics collects a good premium.
What I heard is that for repeat visits, you end up with different doctors (based on who is on duty I guess) and have to explain your symptoms/condition from scratch. Also, you have to take a membership of one year and don't have an option to pay per consultation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anything serious ?
Chk with theMod also.
No, nothing serious. I used to take only homeopathic medicines as a kid. Just trying to find a good doctor here in Bangalore as well, whom I can consult.

theMod who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Thanks, but can you give any landmark and phone# as well?

Last edited by Jaguar : 24th June 2009 at 00:07.
Old 24th June 2009, 10:48   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Jaguar : No, nothing serious. I used to take only homeopathic medicines as a kid. Just trying to find a good doctor here in Bangalore as well, whom I can consult.

theMod who?
@Jaguar, it's Maggie theMOD . He has been taking homoeopathy for a long time, & I think his doc is somewhere in Jayanagar.

If at anytime you need treatment for something that's been not curable, do ping me. (Even otherwise, & doesnt have to be serious).
Old 24th June 2009, 11:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I hope @TheDoctor will answer.You need to visit a good doctor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Hmmm... Maybe I misunderstood but isn't TheDoctor a homeopath doctor lol? In Bangalore?

Quote:
What I meant was about the two trends I am aware of homeopathy now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
non classical homeopathy usually treats one condition(specific and unhomeopathic) but classical homeopathy treats any or all conditions that exist in the body with a single remedy at a time with a healing on not just physical but emotional and mental level.
So true, TheDoctor!

deepclutch, there are a lot of so-called homeopathic medicines out in the market (liquids, tablets etc.) that are "mixed" remedies. E.g. they contain several homeopathic medicines in one and cure several things together. This is a more allopathic approach as I would put it, even though the medicine is natural or homeopathic.

The classical approach has only one remedy at a time. However, you may have to change this remedy when the symptoms change. This is what I meant for example. In case of a sudden sickness (not talking chronical cases here please don't get me wrong) a homeopathic remedy - if the right one - usually starts working immediately. Sometimes though your symptoms change, after a few hours or a few days. E.g. you felt all feverish, bad headache etc. Then the fever goes but now you develop a strong cough or your nose starts running... When you stop feeling any improvement in your overall state anymore and the symptoms change it is probably time to change the remedy as well. That however, is still classical homeopathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
All homeopathic remedies contain absolute alcohol as a preservative. Biochemics which are used by homeopaths in the form of tablets and powder do not contain alcohol, but they are not truly homeopathic in nature.
Really? Now that is new to me for example. I even looked at one of my little bottles of globuli just now and it didn't mention any alcohol. I am surprised as it is usually the law in Germany to list all ingredients no matter how small the percentage. Or am I misunderstanding something?
Old 24th June 2009, 12:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post

Is it Hareesh Homeo House you are talking about ? Opp to Bowring Hospital ?
Old 24th June 2009, 15:47   #39
BHPian

[quote®=TheOne;1360317]

a.The classical approach has only one remedy at a time. However, you may have to change this remedy when the symptoms change. This is what I meant for example. In case of a sudden sickness (not talking chronical cases here please don't get me wrong) a homeopathic remedy - if the right one - usually starts working immediately. Sometimes though your symptoms change, after a few hours or a few days. E.g. you felt all feverish, bad headache etc. Then the fever goes but now you develop a strong cough or your nose starts running... When you stop feeling any improvement in your overall state anymore and the symptoms change it is probably time to change the remedy as well. That however, is still classical homeopathy!

b. Really? Now that is new to me for example. I even looked at one of my little bottles of globuli just now and it didn't mention any alcohol. I am surprised as it is usually the law in Germany to list all ingredients no matter how small the percentage. Or am I misunderstanding something?[/quote]

a. Yes, you are absolutely correct! you seem to have a lot of interest in classical homeopathy. You would be surprised that majority of the homeopaths are ignorant of the above or choose to ignore it. If you need any help with more information feel free to pm me.

b. TheOne, the Globules do not contain any alcohol. They are manufactured from sugar of milk and are the carrier for the homeopathic dilutions (which is the preferred mode of dispensing remedies). I assume you may have known this already.

The medicated globules should contain alcohol, beacause as said above plain globules are not medication and just the carriers.

I do happen to know a couple of classical homeopaths from Germany and could clarify this for you, whether the medications that doctors dispense provide the details.

Many of the homeopathy remedies that I dispense are manufactured in germany and yes they do indicate the percentage of alcohol in the dilution.

Hope I am more comprehensive.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:30   #40
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Gall stones...info required

My mom has been diagnosed with a gall stone. The only option available in allopathy is removal of the gall bladder.

Is anyone here aware of effective treatment for this in alternate forms like Homeo? If yes, any good references for a doc?

Also, i would like to know any good references for a surgeon/hospital in bangalore, in case we decide to go for surgical removal.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:19   #41
BHPian

Homeopathy 'medicines' don't have side effects because they don't have any effect at all. They are just water. Please don't rely solely on homeopathic treatment when it comes to children.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:21   #42
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good homeopath in the Eastern suburbs? I stay at Vikhroli, so anyone upto Mulund/Chembur/Powai/Ghatkopar would be nice.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:40   #43
BHPian

Are some of the guys here trying to increase the per capita gdp by potentially killing each other?
My advice would be : please get yourself treated scientifically.
e1t1bet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2010, 10:51   #44
BHPian

^^ Your point being?

Homeopathy and ayurveda are considered scientific methods to treat various illness. I am not sure what makes you say that it isn't the case?
Old 18th May 2010, 11:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Are some of the guys here trying to increase the per capita gdp by potentially killing each other?
My advice would be : please get yourself treated scientifically.
Well for starters you need to know how the "scientific" medicines actually lower your body resistance to various pathogens over a period of time.
And how scientific medicine has no cures for most chronic ailments.

I am one good living example of this.
And I hate antibiotics for making me fall prey to any slight change in weather or ambience.

Thankfully I am improving, slowly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks