Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 15:11   #166
BHPian

It would be prudent NOT to prescribe medication in the thread. If someone asks for it, do it over PM.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:12   #167
BHPian

Have been to an eye care centre with natural therapy recently in Mumbai where they treat colour blindness as well!! saw a lot of before and after reports and testimonies there to confirm their claim.. it was brilliant, since i had heard that colour blindness is mostly heredeitary and there is no allopathic cure to it.. alternative medicine is surely doing well.. i think if not replace allopathy it is doing great to compliment it.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:24   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
It would be prudent NOT to prescribe medication in the thread. If someone asks for it, do it over PM.
Are you worried about the legal aspects? Ofcourse, many health forums carry the disclaimer that the posts are meant for exchange of information only and that one should view the recommendations given only as such.

Since this is not a health forum and no such disclaimer exists, there is merit in what you say. However I think general information about useful medicines for day to day common problems/ first aid situations that are available in the alternative medicine can be provided without attracting any legal issues.

No one, including the law, objects to knowldge sharing.

Murthy
Old 28th June 2010, 16:32   #169
BHPian

More than legal aspects, i am worried about some user who has not gone through the thread, does not understand the his or his dear one's symptoms completely and tries the medicines listed here. It may end up harming the person directly or indirectly be delaying supervised medical care.

Many posts are also spidered and come up on google searches.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:57   #170
BHPian

As far as I am concerned, the homeopathic medicines I indicate for common day to day problems/ first aid situations are completely harmless.

Murthy
Old 29th June 2010, 14:41   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
As far as I am concerned, the homeopathic medicines I indicate for common day to day problems/ first aid situations are completely harmless.
It is always better when a doctor diagnoses the patient in person prior to medication. Self medication is different from home remedies. Haven't we seen those TV programmes where the doctor would give guidance and direct the affected person to get in touch with a qualified doctor for further treatment. I think ideology behind is to examine the patient in person before giving medication.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:25   #172
BHPian

Probably one of the differences between allopathy and some of the alternative therapies. Works out cheap though.
Old 30th June 2010, 20:18   #173
BHPian

Anyone here can recommend me a good medicine for Gastritis. about a month back i was treated for measles, I was ok for 2 weeks after that but then stomach pain started, especially after eating.
The doctor says my stomach is producing excess acid and it can happen after infections. He gave me Nexium Tablets for a week. I am better now but still I feel discomfort in the stomach and minor pain sometimes.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st July 2010, 13:41   #174
BHPian

You can try Nat.phos 6X. 4 tablets at a time whenever you feel inconvenient. You should feel some relief within 15 minutes. You can take the medicine upto three times with fifteen minutes gap.

Murthy
Old 1st July 2010, 15:40   #175
BHPian

Wolfheart asked in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tish-docs.html

@gavinimurthy: Your post indicates that it controls excessive libido. It also states that Cantharis 30 is an aprodisiac. Which one is true? I'm confused!

Answer:

Cantharis in material quantities is an aphrodiasiac. As per homeopathic principles it is used in potencies to cure the same condition. The artcle is titled such. Please read the full article by clicking the link.

Murthy

Last edited by gavinimurthy : 1st July 2010 at 15:43.
Old 1st July 2010, 15:43   #176
BHPian

Gotcha! Apparently the infamous Marquis De Sade used it as an aphrodisiac!
Old 1st July 2010, 16:05   #177
BHPian

Rkg posted in the above thread.

"all those who say it does not work should take one/two doses of Cantharis 30 and say the same afterwards."

When asked what Cantharis does, he replied

"In normal individuals it produces Haematuria, which disappears with same medicine."

I would like to clarify this as someone is going to try a dose or two of Cantharis and say it did nothing to them. :-)

In homeopathy there is a process called proving. A group of volunteers are given the same medicine continuously for about three weeks on a daily basis. The symptoms which they never had earlier are noted down. Some only will get symptoms. Each person's symptoms can be different. Some will not get any symptoms as they are not susceptible to that medicine.

All the symptoms thus got are compiled as materia medica. Any person who has the same symptom sets will get cured by this medicine in potencies. His having the symptom set suggests his susceptibility to that particular medicine and hence it works to cure.

Cantharis will not produce haematuria if one takes a dose or two casually. The lack of suceptibility and the lack of enough dosing to produce symptoms is one reason why skeptics say

"I took one whole bottle of cantharis and nothing happened." If one really wants to prove a medicine there are established methods. Even then each and every one will not prove each and every medicine.

Homeopathy is science. A difficult one to understand for the casual guy. It needs lot of effort even to learn the basics.

Murthy

Last edited by gavinimurthy : 1st July 2010 at 16:07.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:42   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post

Homeopathy is science. A difficult one to understand for the casual guy. It needs lot of effort even to learn the basics.

Murthy
Murthy - What are good basic books to start learning homeopathy. I want to understand basics for self treatment rather then become a practitioner.
Old 1st July 2010, 17:57   #179
BHPian

Start with Organon. Read the online versions first. Many are available. Google for Hahnemann's Organon.
You may have to read some postulates more than once to understand it correctly.

Here is one link.

http://www.homeopathyhome.com/refere...n/organon.html

Murthy

Last edited by gavinimurthy : 1st July 2010 at 18:00.
Old 1st July 2010, 20:19   #180
BHPian

There seem to be a lot of medical practitioners posting here. Have any of you heard of the Gerson therapy? Any experiences withthe same?

Last edited by Wolfheart : 1st July 2010 at 20:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks