Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 00:08   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Alternative Medicine / Treatment Options

Buy http://www.dabur.com/Products-Health...-Sat%20Isabgol from any decent pharmacy.

Take this before your meals.
Add a tbsp into half a cup of warm water.

Try this for atleast 4 days.

Given that you have acidity as well, you might want to avoid getting hungry.
What I mean is have smaller meals at regular intervals.

Avoid fried food and anything with lots of chilly and oil.
Old 21st September 2015, 00:46   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Buy http://www.dabur.com/Products-Health...-Sat%20Isabgol from any decent pharmacy.

Take this before your meals.
Add a tbsp into half a cup of warm water.

Try this for atleast 4 days.

Given that you have acidity as well, you might want to avoid getting hungry.
What I mean is have smaller meals at regular intervals.

Avoid fried food and anything with lots of chilly and oil.
Is this to be taken before each meal (Lunch and Dinner) or only once in the morning empty stomach?

I have heard that taking such Digestive products, our body adopts a habit to work only when such products are being taken on regular basis and as the consumption of such products are stopped, the condition gets worse than before starting such treatment. Is it true?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 21st September 2015 at 00:48.
Old 21st September 2015, 00:52   #243
Team-BHP Support

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-56...e-oral/details

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psyllium_seed_husks

This is something that adds bulk to your stool and softens it.
Its not a bad thing and as far as I know its not a habit forming thing.
Old 22nd September 2015, 00:14   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There are mixed advices on the intake of this product (in the link given).
At one place it is mentioned to use it regularly while other section mentions that dont intake for more than 7 days.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd September 2015 at 00:21.
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:22   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Alternative Medicine / Treatment Options for External Piles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Approx. 2-2.5 Litres depending on the surrounding conditions I am working in.
With the weather conditions there, that is less. Also, for you, would suggest one more liter at minimum + tender coconut + buttermilk regularly.
Old 22nd September 2015, 09:34   #246
BHPian

Quote:

Please help me cure this.
On a side note, I also suffer from Severe Acidity.
When I had fissures and constipation my family Doctor advised me to eat 2 oranges along with minimum 2.5ltrs of water consumption everyday and if I have non veg food I was asked to drink minimum 0.3 to 0.5ltrs of hot water within 20 mins of having food. It worked/works great for me till date.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd September 2015, 22:43   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
With the weather conditions there, that is less. Also, for you, would suggest one more liter at minimum + tender coconut + buttermilk regularly.
Do you mean Nariyal Pani by Tender Coconut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl
When I had fissures and constipation my family Doctor advised me to eat 2 oranges along with minimum 2.5ltrs of water consumption everyday and if I have non veg food I was asked to drink minimum 0.3 to 0.5ltrs of hot water within 20 mins of having food. It worked/works great for me till date.
Did your Fissures get cured after eating 2 oranges everyday? Also I have heard drinking hot water can cause loose motions.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:44   #248
BHPian

Quote:

Did your Fissures get cured after eating 2 oranges everyday? Also I have heard drinking hot water can cause loose motions.
Yes and the best part is it didn't reoccur for the past 2+ years. But I still take my oranges regularly to make sure I get enough fibre for the day. Never ever I've had loose motions because of drinking hot water after a non veg meal or dinner but it just makes sure am not constipated the next day.
Old 26th September 2015, 00:02   #249
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your help.
Old 26th September 2015, 01:38   #250
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alternative Medicine/Treatment options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Hello everyone,
About Me:
I am a 3rd generation Doctor & a 2nd generation Homoeopath. Though I am a Homoeopath by choice, love & passion I am also many other things at heart avid Nature Lover, trekker, Animal Lover and rights campaigner, Poet & Writer, Technology buff, Philosopher ... and ofcourse - Car & Bike Enthusiast.

Hello Dr.Suraj,

I have two queries about Homeopathy: Is Homeopathy useful in Rheumatoid Arthritis? Can Homeopathy cure this disease?

These are my only queries. I am not seeking any instant advice online; I will better visit you personally for this. But to give you a brief idea, let me narrate the background.

My mother-in-law, age 60 has been diagnosed with RA 2 years back. She has been under the treatment of a Rheumatologist from Pune since then.

With the onset of swelling on the right knee, we first consulted an Orthopedic doctor. After 3-4 weeks of treatment without any effect on the symptoms, he prescribed us to get some tests done (HLA-B27, RA, ESR etc.). RA was diagnosed at this stage and he referred us to a Rheumatologist.

The Rheumatologist has been treating the patient with NSAIDs, DMARDs and occasional corticosteroids. In the course of time, the symptoms progressed: morning stiffness for 1 - 1.5 hours, swelling on both the hand fingers and both the foot fingers, pain and difficulty in carrying-out the daily chores. We kept visiting the Rheumatologist every 4-6 weeks and there was slight alteration in the prescription every time.

The patient experienced almost no relief. The continuous progression of the disease worried us and we consulted another (claimed to be more reputed) Rheumatologist for a second opinion. Similar prescription, similar approach, similar result.

We wonder that neither the Orthopedic surgeon (who was the first one to realize that this is RA) nor the two Rheumatologists told us about the possible ways of progression of this disease or about the potential pains and trouble. No one warned us. We are disappointed with this.

The patient is healthy otherwise: normal blood sugar, normal liver and kidney function, normal levels of cholesterol, normal functioning of heart and brain. Thorough check-up has been carried out to confirm this. Reports are well available. Two real sisters of the patient were diagnosed for breast cancer and treated successfully. Patient's daughter (my wife) too is RA positive, very very mild symptoms. The patient is a widow for last 28 years, she has good and loving circle of relatives and extended family. She is a businesswoman and she is active in social work too.

A Homeopath from Pune has claimed that he can cure her RA completely in around 1.5 years provided she takes his medicine continuously. That is why I am asking:
  1. Is Homeopathy useful in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
  2. Can Homeopathy cure this disease?
  3. Are there any recent advances in the Allopathy about treatment of RA?
  4. Where can we find the best Doctor and treatment for RA? Who has the best expertise and resources to treat (and cure) RA?

Thanks for patiently reading the above narration. I will wait for your reply.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 26th September 2015 at 01:43.
Old 26th September 2015, 09:26   #251
BHPian

Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes

Just wondering what is the ayurvedic treatment for diabetes, medication, dosage, etc.? I have heard some attest to it, so am curious to know the experience of members here.
Old 28th September 2015, 15:57   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hello Dr.Suraj,
  1. Is Homeopathy useful in Rheumatoid Arthritis?
  2. Can Homeopathy cure this disease?
  3. Are there any recent advances in the Allopathy about treatment of RA?
  4. Where can we find the best Doctor and treatment for RA? Who has the best expertise and resources to treat (and cure) RA?

Thanks for patiently reading the above narration. I will wait for your reply.
  1. Homeopathy is very useful is RA. Immensely. Undoubtedly. Proved with double blinded clincial trials too.
  2. No. Homeopathy cannot cure this disease. No pathy can. It is a degenerative disorder and the defenerative changes taken place at the level of the bone and tissue cannot be completely reversed. What Homeopathy can help with is relieving the motion stiffness and pain, without the use of any painkillers and keep the patient safe and healthy. Also, before that - it helps HALT the further progress of the disease. Not claiming anything - but on an average - this is the kind of statement that you hear from a RA patient on Homeopathy - "Winters were a disaster for me and I just couldn't move. Now out of the 3 months of winter I spend about 10 days overall in some amount of pain. Of which maybe 3 days I end up taking Paracetomol."
  3. There aren't many that have shown efficacy without doubt. Chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine are some of the best bets that they have. Apart from NSAIDs ofcourse.
  4. Ideally, you need a combination of a good Rhuematologist, a good Homeopath & a Great Physiotherapist. It's a team effort. Contrary to what you would like to believe - there is no CURE. No, it's not a cancer. But it's no bacterial infection either. You need to understand that there are some bits about the body that will never go back to the same state that they were in. The tendency to further inflammation and degeneration can be taken care of by a good Homeopath. Technically, nobody should ever claim to have cured it.

I hope I have answered your queries.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 17:15   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. Homeopathy is very useful is RA. Immensely. Undoubtedly. Proved with double blinded clincial trials too.
  2. No. Homeopathy cannot cure this disease. No pathy can. It is a degenerative disorder and the defenerative changes taken place at the level of the bone and tissue cannot be completely reversed. What Homeopathy can help with is relieving the motion stiffness and pain, without the use of any painkillers and keep the patient safe and healthy. Also, before that - it helps HALT the further progress of the disease. Not claiming anything - but on an average - this is the kind of statement that you hear from a RA patient on Homeopathy - "Winters were a disaster for me and I just couldn't move. Now out of the 3 months of winter I spend about 10 days overall in some amount of pain. Of which maybe 3 days I end up taking Paracetomol."
  3. There aren't many that have shown efficacy without doubt. Chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine are some of the best bets that they have. Apart from NSAIDs ofcourse.
  4. Ideally, you need a combination of a good Rhuematologist, a good Homeopath & a Great Physiotherapist. It's a team effort. Contrary to what you would like to believe - there is no CURE. No, it's not a cancer. But it's no bacterial infection either. You need to understand that there are some bits about the body that will never go back to the same state that they were in. The tendency to further inflammation and degeneration can be taken care of by a good Homeopath. Technically, nobody should ever claim to have cured it.

Thank you very much Dr. Suraj for a detailed reply.

Two questions:
  1. I appreciate your suggestion for team work of a good Rhuematologist, a good Homeopath & a Great Physiotherapist. Will these three (especially the first two) agree to attend the patient together and talk to each other? What is your observation?
  2. I have read that the degree of dilution in Homeopathic medicines is so high that a given bottle of medicine may not contain a single molecule of the original substance. Hence these medicines provide a positive feeling only and the patient recovers because of natural healing or other medicines. I am an engineer, I have no background in Medicine. So I request your view on this.
  3. Are Homeopathic doctors generally open to write down a prescription for the medicines so that the patient can buy the same from some Homeopathic drug stores? Such transparency will increase the trust and confidence.

Team work from a Rhuematologist, a Homeopath & a Physiotherapist is a good suggestion indeed. Thank you very much once again.

I hope you do not misunderstand my questions.
Old 29th September 2015, 10:06   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but I cannot understand how someone can actually peddle watered down stuff as 'medicine'. Homeopathy is utter rubbish and this fact has been proven many times over.

Several studies have proven that these 'medicines' are no more effective than a placebo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874503/

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...177-2/abstract

The conclusion reached by several other studies is: homeopathy is pseudoscience and in fact does not cure any disease.

In Australia, the National Health and Medical Research Council's (NHMRC) large scale study concluded :"There is a paucity of good-quality studies of sufficient size that examine the effectiveness of homeopathy as a treatment for any clinical condition in humans. The available evidence is not compelling and fails to demonstrate that homeopathy is an effective treatment for any of the reported clinical conditions in humans".

The full paper can be found in the first link below:
Also please see attached paper in PDF format.

http://consultations.nhmrc.gov.au/pu...eopathy_health

https://nccih.nih.gov/health/homeopathy

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10....4-009-3779-6_4

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...51B3FD2.f03t02

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10....no-access=true

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...162.x/abstract

http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...omist-explains

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...ks-Homeopathy/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf homeopathyoverviewreport140408-1.pdf (2.66 MB, 395 views)
Jeeper1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:51   #255
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine are some of the best bets that they have.
There is also another chemical methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) which is commonly used with these 2.

Does anyone know any brand of tablets sold in India which contains only methylsulfonylmethane?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks