Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
I take meftalspas if it gets too much.
Yes, Meftalspas & Cyclopam are good for low pain. For me, even Oviron 100 didnt worked last time. So I stocked 2 injections always with me. But worried about the side-effect of oviron and looking for an alternative.

Quote:
I took cystone for 2 month, no help. Also Ston-1 did'nt help
Bhai, Try Dr. Reddy's K-Cit. Its just a pottasium citrate cyrub which increases the urine Ph level. I loved it because of the taste...Its cheap and taste better than roadwalla's Pineapple juice.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 23rd June 2009 at 22:51.
Old 24th June 2009, 10:43   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

@IBM Jennifer, PM me if you are willing to try homoeopathy for your father ( & you ). You (patient)will need to come to BLR (atleast) once, and also not take any coffee during the course of the treatment. Beyond that, you can continue any other treatment you want to.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:09   #33
BANNED

Both Homoeopathy & Ayurveda do work sometimes. the hit rates are not very high, but if they work then it is great. No damage done otherwise.

As for hospital you need a place which has ESWL available and expertise to run it. A corporate hospital can be excellent (my own experience) but one has to always watch out for the commercial angle.

Last edited by sgiitk : 24th June 2009 at 12:10.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
I loved it because of the taste...Its cheap and taste better than roadwalla's Pineapple juice.
, BTW are you still with IBM, if yes, PM me your ST/lotus id, we can chat as well
Old 24th June 2009, 22:21   #35
BHPian

Guys,

Anybody tried Uriflow or Renavive?

My father has kidney stones and I'm trying to help him find an alternative to surgery. Any recommendations? - Yahoo! Answers

Renaviveā„¢ - Advanced Kidney Stone Formula
Old 29th June 2009, 03:03   #36
BHPian

Friends,

I managed to met an Ayurvadic doctor in Trinelveli and my father is in treatment now. I also imported RENAVIVE and will update the results soon. if nothing works, I will admit him in hospital as he is not feeling any pain now.

And here is my guides AFTER A LONG RESEARCH for others who suffers from kidney stones.

Quote:
1. Drink 2 - 3 liters of distilled/RO water daily. If not possible, drink boiled mineral water. Never drink tap/ground water. Drink the extra water to treat kidney stones 2-3 hours after a meal.

2. Increase your urination to every 2 to 3 hours during the day, plus have to get up at least once to pee at night. Avoid drinking lot of water just before sleeping.

3. Never eat/drink chocolates, Pepsi/Cola, Nescafe/coffee, star fruit, Lady's Finger, beetroot, beans, sweet potatoes, groundnut or other Nuts.

4. Never eat any more green leafy vegetables.

5. Drink two cups of lemon juice daily (or a half cup of pure lemon juice)

6. Try to take exactly 1000mg of Calcium per day and that no more than 600 mg should be taken at a time.
- One Cup milk has 300mg calcium.
Sardines(matthi) fish has around 200mg per piece.

7. Never take more than 100mg of vitamin C per day.
- One-half of a papaya, you'll get 95 mg of Vitamin C
One mango/guava has around 50 mg

8. Avoid exposing your body in direct sunlight. Excess vitamin D intake can increase concentration of calcium in urine and lead to the formation of kidney stones.

9. Watermelon or pineapple or Pomegranate juice is also good. Avoid black-grapes / strawberry / grapefruit / cranberry/ Orange juices.

10. Eat Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 & Potassium Rich Foods like Bananas/ Watermelon/ pumpkin.

11. Drink 2 cup of Milk daily, but avoid ice-cream, curd & Kefir. Do not eat more than one ‘egg’ a day.

12. Cut as much as Animal Protein from chicken/Beef/mutton. Prefer a fish instead.

13. Avoid Tea/coffee and SODA.

14. Avoid excessive intake of Gooseberry (nellikkai), Coconuts, Carrot, Cabbage, dairy products, Cauliflower, Potato, Brinjal, Radish, Pickles and Tomato.

15. 1 bottle of beer or coconut water per day may decreases stone formation up to 40%

16. Take 4-5 TULSI (basil) leaves, extract its juice and mix in a tablespoon of honey. Take this mixture every morning for 4-6 months.

17. Drink 3 teaspoon of Pure Virgin Olive Oil with 3 teaspoon of lemon followed by a glass of water before bed everyday till stone passed out.

18. Take a B-Complex tablet or a Multivitamin pill which has no Vitamin-D and less than 75mg of Vitamin C.

19. Wheat and Rice will help to prevent kidney stone formation in future.

20. If you are suffering from the calcium stones, then the first thing you have to do is to cut down as much as ‘Salt’ (sodium chloride). Citrus fruits, apples, tomato, orange, lemon and strawberries should be avoided in the case of patients suffering from uric acid stones but for patients with calcium stones, it is allowed to a limit.
Note: The above guidelines are from my personal notes and trust them at your own risk. Doctors are allowed to correct any mistakes as I HAVE ZERO Knowledge in this domain.

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 29th June 2009 at 03:12.
Old 29th June 2009, 08:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stone was there in the path for more than 5 months and its not moving at all. We have consulted 3 or 4 doctors, but no one is ready to give him anasthesia as he has sugar, pressure and heart problems. He is not very old, around 52 only.
Good to hear you got a solution now.

Almost similar condition like my mother. Except that she had not gone through any by-pass and stone was 9mm. It was triangle shaped and hence tough to come by itself. By has minor blocks.

We did this in Prashanth Hospital in Harington road 2 weeks back. I consulted the Dr. Leela Krishnan in Urology dept. You can visit one evening (6:30pm) and consult, if needed.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:35   #38
BHPian

My 2 cents regarding Kidney stones. Hopefully this should be useful for other members.

I have been a kidney stone patient for the past 5 years. I have taken homeo, ayurveda, ESWL Lithotripsy treatment but nothing worked much.

For small stones <5 mm Homeo and Ayurveda worked a bit and for bigger ones ESWL was better as it broke the stones into smaller pieces and then the remanants slowly got moved down through the ureter.
Some got flushes out and some were present which grew in size again.

Jennfier in Chennai, the latest ESWL machines and procedures for Kidney stone treatment can be done at Tamilnadu Urological Research center, located on Nelson Manickam Road Aminjikarai.

Patient get treated as Outpatients but it is bettter we get admitted and take Trips to flush the remnants and dislodge stones.

If I get pain, I take Buscopan and etrobax.

My suggestions would be to drink a lot of water, Plantain pith juice and Citric Fruits like Orange, Lime and Mosambi.

I avoid Dairy products (not very much though) & tomatoes.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:19   #39
BHPian

I still wonder, whats the relationship between TOMATOES and Kidney stones? Why in INDIA everybody advised to hate tomatoes for stones?

Any Doctors, please guide us...
Old 30th June 2009, 18:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

my doc said that as long as the seeds were removed, i could have all the tomatoes i wanted.

In fact, he said I could have anything on the non recommended list, as long as
1) i didnt eat eat too much of it /combined it with other stuff on the non recommended list
2) drank lots of water for a while afterwards anyway.

OT: Met a dude at the hosp today from chennai, with his old man who was admitted and had stone complications. almost thought it was you, but the old man turned out to be his F-I-L
Old 30th June 2009, 19:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
my doc said that as long as the seeds were removed, i could have all the tomatoes i wanted
Still wonder why no Tomato seeds?

Quote:
Met a dude at the hosp today from chennai, with his old man who was admitted and had stone complications. almost thought it was you, but the old man turned out to be his F-I-L
No bhai, My father is not that old, he looks young.

And any feedback about KIMS - Trivandrum?
Old 30th June 2009, 19:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Still wonder why no Tomato seeds?
If I am right, it has nothing to do with "seeds" but content of seeds

Not sure of the minerals it has, but something that accumulate to stones.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:59   #43
BHPian

You may find the following link useful. Will eating tomatoes lead to kidney stone? - Yahoo! Answers India
Old 30th June 2009, 20:19   #44
BHPian

I am still not convinced with the fact that Tomato seeds has high oxalate like beans & nuts.

When comparing to the oxalates in Beer, Tea, Coffee - Tomato has nothing: The Low Oxalate Diet

As for as I know, Tomato is better for Kidney stones: Can tomato juice be used for prophylaxis in recurrent stone formers? Agrawal MS, Singh SK - Indian J Urol

Quote:
Interestingly, in India, there is widespread misconception among general population as well as among general practitioners that tomatoes are high in oxalate, and predispose to stone formation. This study convincingly demonstrates the truth to be just the opposite, and tomato juice may prove to be the treatment of choice in stone prevention.

I heard lot of Ayurvadic doctors advices to drink 'SODA' for kidney stones, Its also not true and stay away from them: Kidney Stones - Causes, Symptoms, Herbal Medicines And Ayurvedic Remedies

Also a normal person doesn't eat no more than 2 tomatoes daily, then why its banned for stones only in India? Any doctors, please help!

Am I wrong or is it a same Indian Discovery as "ULCER caused by excessive acid production in stomach"

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 30th June 2009 at 20:36.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

I had my surgery done at cosmopolitan hospital(just back from stent removal today ) , A friend went to KIMS, and he was also satisfied with them. Cosmo's older wards are not as nice as the new blocks. KIMS is all new

Last edited by greenhorn : 30th June 2009 at 20:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks