Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 08:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Michael Jackson ( 1958 - 2009 ) You shall be Missed !! RIP

RIP MJ !! No THRILLER , this ,as MJ goes for the ultimate moonwalk !! Scream for MJ !!

I have grown listening to MJ's songs and after hearing the news on Friday Morning about his very sad, untimely death I was quite taken aback and shocked.

His death remains a mystery with some saying it was an OD of painkillers, some saying it was Cardiac Arrest, whereas some say it was foulplay on the doctor's part.

He shall be missed. He was the KING OF POP and shall remain so always.

RIP !!

Michael Jackson ( 1958 - 2009 ) You shall be Missed !! RIP-mj.jpg
Old 28th June 2009, 08:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

The King of Pop definitely will be missed.
No matter what he will be alive in my heart as one of the greatest the world has seen.

RIP MJ.
Old 28th June 2009, 08:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

What really saddens me is that this happened just when he was planning a comeback. Irrespective of what he went through in the past decade or so, he still has the largest fan following in the world.

I mean, i'v heard MJ numbers being played in paan shops, auto rickshaws or even a tiny tyre repair shop around the corner. This is something not even Elvis or the Beatles have been able to achieve.

Shan2nu
Old 28th June 2009, 08:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just as a lot of us were looking forward to his comeback, this happens!

Was and still am a fan of his songs and it is certain that he will be remembered for a very long time.

RIP MJ!
Old 28th June 2009, 08:58   #5
BHPian

There's only Madonna (from my generation) that comes anywhere close to this Legend. Rip Moonwalker.

Memories of my first taste of Michael's music is fresh in my mind. I was 8 years old and we were having a family get-together. With 42 of us cousins(no more than 10 yrs of age difference) sleeping on the terrace, the eldest decided to wake us all up by blasting music at 7am.

The background score of "beat it" kept thumping and all of us opened our droppy eyes not in dissapointment of being woken up so early, but in the excitement of michael's music. Imagine a bunch of kids not being cranky at 6 am!....thats what his music did to all of us! If my dad's choice was Jim reeves, mine's always been Michael since that day.
Old 28th June 2009, 09:14   #6
BHPian

I was shocked to here about MJ's death and very very sad, he has influenced us all in some way or the other, May he RIP. A true Legend.
Old 28th June 2009, 09:21   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Like many, Thriller & Jackson's Victory were two of the earliest albumns I had.

Reading the reports, I wonder if he was up to doing even one show. Forget the series that was planned. Was he forced to take up these to try & reduce the debt that was against his name ?
Old 28th June 2009, 09:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

MJ will surely be missed by all, many of us who grew up with his music will miss him all the more. RIP MJ.
Old 28th June 2009, 09:29   #9
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Like many, Thriller & Jackson's Victory were two of the earliest albumns I had.

Reading the reports, I wonder if he was up to doing even one show. Forget the series that was planned. Was he forced to take up these to try & reduce the debt that was against his name ?
He did say to his friends that 'they' would kill him if he wouldn't perform. Well no one knows who 'they' are and they doubt his mental health when he said that!!
Old 28th June 2009, 09:36   #10
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Michael Jackson Tribute Song

Michael Jackson ( 1958 - 2009 ) You shall be Missed !! RIP-425.brown.jackson.combs.062609.jpg
Here's the link to the song "Better on the Other side" by P.Diddy and Chris brown featuring The Game, Boyz II Men, Polo and Mario Winans.

http://images.eonline.com/static/new...nMJTribute.mp3
Old 28th June 2009, 10:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
What really saddens me is that this happened just when he was planning a comeback. Irrespective of what he went through in the past decade or so, he still has the largest fan following in the world.

Shan2nu
Ditto.

Sad that he died of drug abuse (the local names of drugs he took are Pethidine & morphine )
Old 28th June 2009, 10:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

didn't know the man, love the music.

his voice will live forever.
Old 28th June 2009, 11:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Michael Jackson and Madonna are my two most favourite solo pop artistes of all time of my generation. I have grown up listening to MJ. Maybe his last released album was not a hit, but I never heard one dull song in any of his previous all time best sellers. I still remember a giant poster which used to me on my room wall as a kid. The rest were all car posters.

In a world of new age music videos, his videos are still in an entirely different league and unmatched even today. Every song video had a unique concept. He has left void which wil never be filled. I feel bad for missing out on his Mumbai Concert.

There will never be another Michael Jackson. RIP King of Pop. You will continue to live in our hearts with your music forever. Take a bow.

THE KING OF POP IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING !!
Old 28th June 2009, 11:15   #14
BHPian

A very talented man gone the wrong way, gave a lot to the world. His music will live on, feels like a chunk of my childhood just got hijacked.
Old 28th June 2009, 11:31   #15
BHPian

I was waiting for team-bhp to come back so that I could start a similar thread. I was deeply saddened by the news and have been mostly listening/watching my MJ collection.

I remember late 80s, when I was barely 7 or so, my parents got home the first english music cassettes and they were MJ's bad and thriller. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson's music, trying to copy his dance moves, watching his musical movie moonwalker and much much more.

Over the years, I ignored the media's intereference into his personal life - i don't care if the incidents were misunderstandings or true, as all I want to know him as is MJ the King with the most awesome stage presence.
He has the biggest fan following, something which no other celebrity has achieved. This has been quite evident at his concerts and the fact that numerous sites (twitter, google, aol, etc) crashed moments after the news of him being gone! Besides in the last 2 days, most music channels (vh1, mtv, etc) have only been playing MJ and most news channels (cnn, etc) have only being covering MJ.

I can only hope for MJ's family to be at peace and especially his 3 kids be taken care of well!

Rest in Peace MJ - you will be missed. Your art will always keep you alive in our hearts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks