Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 13:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
why not consider a normal Indian dog ? they fit all the requirements you mentioned and more
who ?

If you are talking about strays, you cannot be sure how well behaved he/she will be when they grow up. Or if you are talking about the chippi parai/rajapalayam breeds, forget it. They just need lots of open spaces.

You can consider poms or daschunds. They are very much localised now & will be the easiest to maintain. Of course your budget is for a VW/Skoda & I am suggesting a Maruti/TATA.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
who ?

If you are talking about strays, you cannot be sure how well behaved he/she will be when they grow up. Or if you are talking about the chippi parai/rajapalayam breeds, forget it. They just need lots of open spaces.

You can consider poms or daschunds. They are very much localised now & will be the easiest to maintain. Of course your budget is for a VW/Skoda & I am suggesting a Maruti/TATA.
Sir
i am talking about strays.. they eat what you give them and they do what you tell them to and ANYDAY THEY ARE MUCH MORE LOYAL than any firang breed

and if it matters - you also get the satisfaction of giving one stray INDIAN dog a decent life
Old 1st April 2009, 14:34   #48
BHPian

hot_rode, i think labradors suits you the best as it is a very friendly, obedient and intelligent breed. But it really some exercise.It learns things very fast as i had one long back.. No pup is as cute as a labrador pup..
Old 1st April 2009, 15:01   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Please do the world a favour and rescue a stray puppy from a local pound or the street itself. They are loyal to a fault, the most loving sort you can get. We have adopted 8 so far, it is so rewarding. Spend the 15k you will save on car accessories

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks