Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2005, 16:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin
I wonder how much it will take to replace the RVM cover and also to take care of the dent and paint touch up.

The RVM will cost you Rs.1300/- for entire unit. Whats you color of the car?
Old 21st December 2005, 18:25   #62
BHPian

Rear View Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
The RVM will cost you Rs.1300/- for entire unit. Whats you color of the car?
[/left]

Thanks Surprise,

Just got back from the Maruti Dealer workshop Spectra Motors Mumbai, they told me that the RVM will cost me between Rs 2000/- to 2500/- and it is not in stock at the moment with them and will have to be ordered. The color of my car is Beam Blue.
The guys at the workshop told me that these are available only in black and will not be available in different colors, and they have to paint them as per the color of the car.
The price you have indicated, is it from the Maruti Dealer or is it from the other Spare Parts shop. Can you please let me have the name and contact number where it is available Chennai/Mumbai. Will try to get it couriered from Chennai if possible
Old 21st December 2005, 19:16   #63

On the third day of my Indica V2 purchase....At Vaishali/anand vihar junction in delhi at the morning rush hour time....I got front left side of the bumper got scrarched from a richshaw carrying some furniture while I was looking at right side traffic....Hurt me inside badly...Got the filling and piant work done the next day by spending 500RS.

And after five days the same portion got another scratch while reversing in a narrow lane in Meerut.

Bad Luck!!!!!
Old 21st December 2005, 21:19   #64
BHPian

Dents

Tough Luck "The Lucky"

I can understand that wringing feeling when this sort of a thing happens

I have just dropped my swift at the Maruti workshop, they have given me an estimate of Rs 3700/- + taxes to remove the dent and the whole door will be repainted to avoid the mismatch of the color. was contemplating insurance claim, but I guess its not worth it, because it will take an extra couple of days to complete the formalities, so dropped the idea. Regarding the rear view mirror, I have been given to understand that for plastic parts the insurance claim is only to the extent of 50%. But so far I havent received a proper quote for the same. There has been an indication from one of the members on the forum that it costs around 1300.00 for a complete assembly.
Old 21st December 2005, 21:22   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

i got the first dent on my indica at 90,000kms that too because of the road.
Old 21st December 2005, 21:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
i got the first dent on my indica at 90,000kms that too because of the road.

got a dent because of the road ?? how ? please explain.

Rev
Old 21st December 2005, 21:43   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
got a dent because of the road ?? how ? please explain.

Rev
there was a big pothole filled with water and gravel just before the turn near hotel parkroyal intercontinental i turned my steering but the car didnt take the turn and i hit a opel astra ,smashed the car but my car got minor damages and opel's front was totally damaged ,thats where i appreciate TATA for this sturdy vehicle,i never got the dent repaired though its still there on my car's bonnet.
Old 2nd January 2006, 00:56   #68
BHPian

my ohc got banged on the fist day. took it from the showroom, went home took it out half an our later and some @##$ REAR ENDED IT, bent the dicky, and broke the bumper...

n as if it wasnt enough he said "y did u brake?"

lol
Old 10th May 2007, 17:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Bumping an old thread .. I know.

I reversed my Palio (100 odd km on odo) into a low brick wall.. No damage to the car, but the wall fell down (probably the builder used sand instead of cement) !!

Couple of days later, somebody parks a scooter right behind my car below line of sight AFTER I had got in and turned on the ignition to reverse !!
Old 10th May 2007, 18:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

10 kms.

And these are the 10 words to complete the sentence.
Old 10th May 2007, 18:11   #71
BHPian

LOL, just last month I was thinking of creating a new thread of successfully completing 1 year without any scratch/dent!!...

Guess what, last month I banged my car in a hotel parking lot (to one of those iron posts which they mount with the chains connected).... of all the traffic in Bangalore, it had to happen in a hotel parking lot (I was so pissed off).... small and barely noticable dent, but it was I couldnt open the door, the place of dent was pretty bad (near the hinge). And it doesnt get over, the next day I go to the service center to get it fixed, atleast to a level where I can open the door easily, the guy does it in minute, next minute, I am outside and an auto hits me so double tragedy in 2 days....

Thankfully no noticable damage in either of the cases.
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2007, 18:31   #72
BHPian

1500kms. while taking reverse did not see the tree branch, got a dent above the back door.
Old 10th May 2007, 20:44   #73
BHPian

Aha! Really nice threads here. All pushed bacccccccck in dates! Glad someone brings them up again! Let me think & remember...

Ford Ikon: at 4,500 km or 10 months i think.. First accident on the car, in the GQ involving a dog (damage to radiator and bumper broken). after that, dont know why, but every now and then, people scratch my car when its parked and some people dart in traffic to leave a small scratch on the car.

Hyundai Santro: 1,500 km or 4 months, rear ended by a speeding bike who couldn't stop and stopped with the help of my car..

-Absar

Last edited by Absar : 10th May 2007 at 20:47.
Old 10th May 2007, 21:20   #74
BHPian

A few hundred KMs (15 days in to new car), I was coming towards Nagarjuna circle from Somajiguda circle, I am in the right most lane passing a bus, suddenly a cycle fellow weers from infront of the bus towards my car and lands on my left RVM. Well a little dent and broken door handle, but he escaped death as the bus could have run over him.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:46   #75
BHPian

Only 800 kms done on my new esteem and the only scratch it has has been done by someone living in my own house. It was done with a key on the driver side door. These crazy uncles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks