Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 02:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Taking it out of that Garuda mall parking lot.. and scratched the left side bumper.. Though the scratch is small its still seen.. 7000 kms and 5 months without a scratch..

Godfather
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:13   #77
Team-BHP Support

Well, I thought i was the only one whose car got a scratch on the very first day/trip. Got delivery of the car from the dealer at Kanakpura Road in Bangalore, and then drove over to Electronic city to pick up wifey and show her the car. Was trying to park it to the side in a sweeping move, and BUMP. The front bumper had scraped the footpath which was at an abnormal height. I was shocked, and didnt move. Bro got out of the car, and started clapping. Congratulated me on the very first major scratch.

This is how it looks :

Months go by, and all is well. We have gotten over the agony of the scrape. Park in front of a super market and doing the weekly grocery shopping. Return and notice a Chetak parked too close for comfort. I feel i can back it within the space available, and try the stunt. One rubbing sound and my heart stops again. Get out of the car and observe. There is a straight line dent on the lower portion of the right side along both the doors as if someone had drawn it with a scale. Realized that the pillion footrest of the damned Chetak had the honour of performing this feat.

Curse our luck, and life moves on.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:06   #78
BHPian

I cant remenber exact Kms but approx 3000KMs.

I took delivery from Pune and drive down to nagpur, its around 900kms(Including pune local travel)

After 4th day of purchase 1st service was done

One round trip of(Nirmal and Basar in AP) 700Km from Nagpur.
After one week I got transfered to Indore its around 550KMs

First scrach on my in Indore after 3 days(Its pathetic place to drive).

Its all just with in 20days, now my car is full of scraches, thanks to indore drivers. Wherever you park, you will find new scrach in your car

Forgot to tell you my car is NHC GXi 2006 June
Old 24th May 2007, 04:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
. Was trying to park it to the side in a sweeping move, and BUMP. The front bumper had scraped the footpath which was at an abnormal height. I was shocked, and didnt move. Bro got out of the car, and started clapping. Congratulated me on the very first major scratch.

Hahahahahahahaa... Congratulations Bro.. I wiould have done the same what your brother did..
I remember when my brother got his New Zen he was parking it inside the garage and hit the gate..i was grinning from end to end and told dad..
Dad was furious and gave my broher a good lecture on parking..ROTFLMAO..This was a damn good day.

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 05:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Hahahahahahahaa... Congratulations Bro.. I wiould have done the same what your brother did..
I remember when my brother got his New Zen he was parking it inside the garage and hit the gate..i was grinning from end to end and told dad..
Dad was furious and gave my broher a good lecture on parking..ROTFLMAO..This was a damn good day.

Godfather
ah, comments from a truck driver.

and that scratch was coz the road was inclined?
Old 24th May 2007, 05:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
and that scratch was coz the road was inclined?
Yeah.. he had just got the car from the showroom and was parked right outside the gate.. Instead of properly turning it into the gate he just moves it straight.. and WHAM.. the left side rear door gets scratched, and there is a big dent.. .

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 11:34   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, probably the way my bro behaved helped to lighten the actual impact of the situation. God knows, else someone would have had to call 100 (correct number for ambulance?!) to pick me up from there.

You cheeky brat.. laughing at your bro's misfortune??!!
So, did your bro finally learn the nuances of parking?
Old 24th May 2007, 11:47   #83
BHPian

I got my first scratch at 156 km mileage. It was all my fault. I just learnt driving and when completion my instructor told me to be very careful while parking. I was taking reverse for parking in the parking lot of my apartment, as my instructor told I was looking very carefully at the back so that not to hit any other cars, but forgot completly to check the front and got a scratch on the area above the left front wheel fendor.

Got another scratch after completing 3000 km, while returing from Pondicherry on JNTU road in Hyderabad, by a Tipper who changed his lane all of a sudden. Yet to reapir those scratches.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:10   #84
BHPian

3 days and 45 kms, to be exact in my case! Banged into one of the steel rods which were used as parking separators in front of Kids Kemp. It was too low for and hence not visible. The rod had a sharp hook on it which nearly tore my cars front-left portion.
Old 24th May 2007, 15:18   #85

Big Ciggi Hole in the Seat

Bought the Car.. Pulled down the window.. Lit a Cig.. 50 Mts down the Road, cos of the Wind, the Lit part of the Cig just Blew into my Groin area..

Thot i tapped off the Ash Fully. But when i Parked the car to the left and Checked..
"The Ciggi has Burnt a BIG HOLE right through the Foam" too..
Old 24th May 2007, 21:44   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
God knows, else someone would have had to call 100 (correct number for ambulance?!) to pick me up from there.

So, did your bro finally learn the nuances of parking?
100 is cops bro.. ambulance is i guess 103 or something.. anyway they would not have shown up...
yeah..he did learn to park.. comes home and gives the keys to the driver..

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 09:51   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
100 is cops bro.. ambulance is i guess 103 or something.. anyway they would not have shown up...
yeah..he did learn to park.. comes home and gives the keys to the driver..

Godfather
Oh yeah.. the last I'd want is the cops to come and spoil the party.

I like the way your bro learnt to park.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:50   #88
BHPian

My first scratch on the OHC came after 3000 kms, was going to a party with my gal, and on reaching the venue was trying to squeeze the car into a tight parking spot. Grazed the front bumper on the wall.

Tried to be cool about it, but was thinking about it all the while i was at the party.
Old 28th May 2007, 07:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

I have a stupid dent on my bonnet right in the front middle portion, where we press to close the bonnet. Was caused a dumb gas tuner.

Cant repair it. Any suggestions to hide it by a sticker or something so that its not evident? Please help.
Old 28th May 2007, 19:58   #90

I am good.....I have driven from 14655.32Km without a scratch....

Most Viewed