Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 13:28   #121

not sure if this goes in this forum, since this did not happen to me (if it did i wouldnt be here posting this as i would be awaiting trial in a prison on an attempt to murder charge).

i saw an esteem at a service station brought in for a paint job since the owner's son though it would be a great idea to etch out all 26 letters of the alphabet on the rear door..........
Old 17th April 2008, 14:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

My Car - 6 months, may be 4-5K Kms not sure, Parked on the front porch, One of those Diwali Crackers shot up in the sky, every one was watching the rocket, I knew where it was going to land! on my bonnet with a bang. Still drive with the small dent.!

Others I have seen in my mechanic's place.
Swift, esteem, alto, omni, tavera, few others not able to remember, I live bang on the GQ near bangalore. All the newbie;s (poor them) just come out of the showroom, drive onto a truck or vice versa, park it in my mechanics;s place and walk back home (few got carried back!)
Old 28th May 2008, 17:37   #123
BHPian

Touch Wood.....driving since 97 and changed 9 cars and no scratch on any of them.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Touch Wood.....driving since 97 and changed 9 cars and no scratch on any of them.
Where do you drive man? In Sahara?

\N
Old 29th May 2008, 12:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, I thought i was the only one whose car got a scratch on the very first day/trip. Got delivery of the car from the dealer at Kanakpura Road in Bangalore,
There is a case where the car got hit before it was delivered to the customer
Old 14th June 2008, 08:38   #126
BHPian

1800Km and that's yesterday. A stupid cyclewala at a red light
Old 15th June 2008, 03:35   #127
BHPian

One week exactly for me. A coconut on the front fender. Week 2 right rear door dented when it was parked. Both dents repaired. Week 3 dent on right rear fender when parked. Roadside vendor says a bullet rammed gives me number and workplace address of driver. Apparently works at the same hospital as i. Get tired of the dents and have kept it till date. Tyre marks and handle grip marks came off totally with rubbing polish.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:35   #128
BHPian

1,20,000 Kms in my maruti 800 (1990 model) untill it got stolen 6 months ago. Completely scratchless, dentless, showroom condition!

Shall post some pics tomorrow.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:00   #129
BHPian

Hi All,

I got my brand new Verna and drove it for one whole month and 2780 kms and till now. yesterday, got my first scratch on the front bumper thanks to a very stupid activa guy who decided to squeeze between my car and a bus ahead. left a bad scratch :(

Looking out for a real earth color nail polish.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 28th July 2008, 17:45   #130

I was looking into my RVM at a signal, and could see a biker with lots of tiny boxes stacked up to his neck. He was trying to balance the boxes, by balancing his bike, giving it small turns (left to right) using his handle, what an idiot!.

He came next to my car (new Swift 150 kms) and gashed a wound with his handle, next to the right rear door handle and cleared my fear.

I will check to see how much it costs to fix it in my first service, though very small to notice.
Old 28th July 2008, 19:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
My mistake completely as I got into a race with an IKON on the Western express highway -

Cheers
you deserve it dude. I guess it's something to do with fighting spirit of we indians....we are always ready to fight.

Quote:
One thing is certain, even the smallest of scratches bleeds your heart considerably - proving we're not heartless yet ( as most species of the opposite sex would want us to believe ) !!!
when my wife complains of me not being sensitive, I act disappointed and angry at the slightest of her mistakes and threaten to not talk to her, until she gives up. works every time
Old 28th July 2008, 19:56   #132
BHPian

I have agreed to my own impulsive insipid behaviour. But as mentioned, never again. Never had to repeat it though.

The finish line need not always be won in front of the opponent - Stealth is also a technique that can be used effectively in own crowded motorways in Bbay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
you deserve it dude. I guess it's something to do with fighting spirit of we indians....we are always ready to fight.

Sometimes, rightfully so as well.

when my wife complains of me not being sensitive, I act disappointed and angry at the slightest of her mistakes and threaten to not talk to her, until she gives up. works every time
Thanx for the tip. Will use iff required.
Old 24th December 2008, 18:49   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
1,20,000 Kms in my maruti 800 (1990 model) untill it got stolen 6 months ago. Completely scratchless, dentless, showroom condition!

Shall post some pics tomorrow.
so if the car does not get scratched in India it is stolen haha
Old 24th December 2008, 21:08   #134
BHPian

rear ended a bus when my santro xing had just covered 600 kms. Got a scolding of my life from dad!
Old 24th December 2008, 21:59   #135
BHPian

how can i forget it was out for sunday breakfast @ ohri's . the valet fellow while doing the reverse thing bumped my ride to an electric pole...later i realised he got confused with the automatic.(guess he panicked when he realised there is no clutch,maybe was searching for one )

this was when my car did about 400km ! i didnt sleep that night literally...

the valet fellows just don't drive as polished as i really thought they would do..

whenever i give the car to the valet fellow now ,i ask him ,bhaiya automatic chalane aata hai na!

Most Viewed