Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 21:17   #166
BHPian

Mysore.. turns a sore point. we went to the zoo area n struggles around the place for parking.. and entered a street full of trucks and mini vans.. adding to this there were cows, kids and men roaming freely. Suddenly a guy who was crossing the road stepped back and stunned us. i saved the guy but hit a truck >> result: dent on left wheel arch and displaced the mirror unit.
Old 16th December 2009, 03:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Been driving my Mazda 3 for more than 5 years,and didn't have a single crash nor did I even scratch the car once.
Returning home on Saturday, I got rear-ended by a minivan,and found the damage to be minimal. The speed of impact being about 15-20mph, the bumper buckled out on one side, and its been scratched quite a bit. Atleast the guy was apologetic,and said he'll take care of things.
Still,the whole thing lingers in my mind.I've not done anything wrong, and I end up getting hit. No tickets, no violations ever.
Anyways..there's always a 1st time I guess!
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:25   #168

Can I get into this club? This happened an hour ago.
Mine is Manza, Monarch Red, 390 kms old. Great looking car.
I was trying to park it by the roadside, when a tempo cleaner walked up to my window and asked me to let him park there since he wanted to offload some plywood at the nearby gate. I said politely that I had reached there first, and I would not be long. I never realized that the car was drifting ever so slowly to the edge of the road, which had a negative banking (how do you say that in English?), some sort of a depression (probably for rainwater), and my car plunged right in. There is visible damage on the left front bumper. Will assess the complete damage tomorrow in daylight. Sob. Sob. Sniff.
Old 11th April 2010, 19:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

700 kms=1st long scratch

Well had to happen and has happened. One long scratch on the left front wheel flare extending all the way till bumper.

Reason: Me at wheel(driving first time in life)+ teenager at wheel of a water lorry= Scratched Punto.

Wifey is mad at me.

Well these things happen. Lets move on.
Why does my heart feel so bad......hummmm hummm humm humm humm
Old 11th April 2010, 21:24   #170
BHPian

Narrow entrance to my house and an over confident me resulted in a scratch on the front left bumper after a month of scratch less travel.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:34   #171
Senior - BHPian

I think I take the cake here. A drunk moron digging his nails deep into the A-pillar rubber on the 2nd day. A cracked windshield during the 2nd week (stray stone from a truck hit the glass. Nobody's fault). A hit and run case during 3rd week resulting in bumper fully damaged. Total cost for 1st service, 8k. Now a month after 1st service, two long scratches, one on the right front and rear door; one on the rear left door. And not to mention the innumerable small ones. All these were done when my car was parked and none were caused by me. I only wish I could pass electricity through my car and any moron touching my car would be charred <evil smile>

Last edited by sachinj12 : 11th April 2010 at 21:35.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:10   #172
BHPian

I've never made the first scratch or dent so far, Sucks in a way though lol, It always has some driver who gets to get it done! But I do have to admit after the first scratch one is not all that tense about new markings !
Old 11th April 2010, 22:13   #173
Senior - BHPian

oh!! I did it myself, not even 1k km on odo and while coming out of the railway station parking, the exit was narrow, and the bumper of ikon ran over the divider and got scratched. I was so pissed off of myself. Felt so bad and frustrated that I did it myself. But then successive scratch occurred but the tension level subsided.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:02   #174
BHPian

3rd day under 100km - a stone flew off the road onto the windshield of my brand new A4 taking a toenail sized chip of the glass. Nobody's fault, nobody to blame!

The first scratch will most definitely happen within the next 2 weeks (2 weeks old now) - its impossible to avoid!
Old 12th April 2010, 14:25   #175
BANNED

i dont know the kms but it was the 9th day from the delivery.my dad took the car for a short distance and while reversing he hit a post.REASON -He was not used to swift as he has his santro.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:59   #176
BANNED

On the first day I took the car with less than 40 kms on the Odo.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:04   #177
Senior - BHPian

Second day, 25 kms, an Auto driver hit my left ORVM and scratrched it. Luckily it turned the other way and didn't have any structural damage. My heart was bleeding to see it, but, as we say here in Chennai "Vaattudoo.." Let the auto guy go. Since then,both the ORVMS must have taken beatings fromat least 100 two/three/four wheelers and still holding ground. Thanks to Mitsu's rugged build.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:09   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Well had to happen... .

Wifey is mad at me.
My brit friend used to say 'they are all from the same planet'. I don't really understand why these 'wifeys' go mad at their poor 'life-time chauffeur-hubbies' everytime some idiotic-moronic-lunatic scratches the car, for no fault of us.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 12th April 2010 at 16:10.
Old 13th April 2010, 12:06   #179
BHPian

second day. while reversing from my garage. Could not sleep that day. seems funny now.

Last edited by highwaylover : 13th April 2010 at 12:13.
Old 1st May 2010, 13:25   #180
BHPian

My first major(read noticeable) dent happened due to a rickshaw yesterday.

Can a riskshaw-tyre (just the rubber part) cause dent+scratch in side door ?
That is what happened to my Ritz yesterday, when a dumb rickshaw-puller decided to hit my car from side-on as I was taking right turn.
It has caused a noticeable horizontally linear dent about 10 inches long and 2.5 inches wide on side door.

Is the sheet used for car side-body so feeble ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks