Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 11:42   #106
BHPian

A very amusing thread...

Never did more than the first 1500km in any of my cars without a scratch.

I average about 5000km / 3 months (whichever comes earlier) for each scratch.

I own about 50% of the scratches (my own mistakes) and get the rest from the society, for free. cheers:

These stats are derived from the ~86,000 km I have done in my cars, over the last 6 years.
Old 5th December 2007, 10:06   #107
Senior - BHPian

I got a dent on the side by a cyclist after 5200 kms.

I took the car for second service today to Trident, Ring Road and they say it will take 5 days as they have to send the car to Kalyan Nagar/ Seshadripuram.

Any reliable place in Bangalore to repair the dent? I cant leave the car for 5 days.
Old 5th December 2007, 13:38   #108
BHPian

I did 16000 km on my zen without a scratch.
On the other hand, I got almost 2 km from the dealer on my Swift before I had contact :(
Old 13th December 2007, 00:23   #109
BHPian

Just back from my first scratch...

...and my car is one day and around 45 kms old. Yesterday only we got our Chevy Spark but unfortunately, we have a very bad parking space which is cramped up between the gate and another car and some pillars. So while maneuvering the car to go on my first drive with my wife, I brushed it against the gate and now there's a very good set of scratches just above the left rear wheel . But one thing I must applaud myself for is the fact that I still went ahead with the drive and the first thing I did after coming back was to search for a thread like this.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:17   #110
BHPian

Well...surprisingly, when I started of driving in a Maruti 800, I drove nearly 5000-6000 kms before the first scratch & even after that it was few & far between in spite of my rash driving.
On my Fiesta, which Ive driven since 9th Jan 2007, I had the first scratch thanks to a scooter at a signal after just 250 kms, & then last 3 months Ive had 1 dent & 4 big scratches. The dent was due to a bike but the rest were all my own driving errors like not seeing my gate while reversing, 3 nicks on my office parking pillar.

I am actually losing confidence in my driving now or maybe age is getting to me though I am just 27.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:22   #111
BHPian

I got on my Palio after crossing 10000 KMs
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:06   #112
BHPian

First scratch after 3 days of getting the car delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
...and my car is one day and around 45 kms old. Yesterday only we got our Chevy Spark but unfortunately, we have a very bad parking space which is cramped up between the gate and another car and some pillars. So while maneuvering the car to go on my first drive with my wife, I brushed it against the gate and now there's a very good set of scratches just above the left rear wheel . But one thing I must applaud myself for is the fact that I still went ahead with the drive and the first thing I did after coming back was to search for a thread like this.
Seems like all apartments here are alike and stupid builders build without considering parking space a requirement and think as if it is a facility offered.

I too got the first scratch on my first drive and it was a sunday and got the delivery on wednesday night and i was depressed for the whole day and the next two days. But i still took it for a drive like you. It was some >18 Kms and the scratch was a bit deep to get off with the paint on the left bottom of the front bumper. Similar case the same day with the rear bumper as well. Thanks to our old watchman who don't even know how to provide directions and as repeated many times in this forum before by me, we can't see the bonnet

Total of three incidents of which two left two scratches on the bumpers and another which left a very minor scratch on the rubber beeding on the body sides.

Thankfully now i perfected to park and get the car out of my car parking in the apartment without the help of watchman and no more incidents after i started believing in myself.
Old 24th January 2008, 00:25   #113
BHPian

for almost 3 years there were no scratches but now there r quite a few cause of the guy who cleans my car he uses the same cloth to clean the tyres and the body of the car so small stones and pebbles get stuck and thats how my car is full of scratches now. the guy b4 this new one was soo careful with my car that he would use a seperate cloth for the body seperate for the glass and another one for types.
Old 24th January 2008, 01:14   #114
BHPian

I took the delivery of my first car (Swift Vxi)in 2006. Drove it for 2 weeks. Everything was fine and i had driven close to 400 kms in 2 weeks. Later i and my 3 colleagues decided to go on a trip to Coorg. 40 kms before Mysore and 10 kms after Mandya there is a speed breaker. It was raining quite heavily and I was on the extreme left. Slowed down to cross the speed breaker and i heard and felt a big bang. I got down and realised a dumb driver in a Tata Indigo had banged my car from behind. My instant reaction was this --->

The left indicator assembly and left side of the rear bumper were fully damaged for no fault of mine..

Tomorrow i am taking the delivery of my new Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi. Will be careful. Infact before i read this thread i was thinking about these kind of instances i came across with my Swift.
Old 24th January 2008, 10:48   #115
BHPian

Hi,

when I visited showroom to take delivery of my SWIFT-VXI,they informed me that some person has brushed my right fender while taking delivery of his car.I took the delivery because it was Dussehra and dealer got the job done next day.

It is my first car and so after gaining some confidence,I took it to my office.Second day,when I was leaving for home,while taking out car from our office parking,a group of people suddenly comes into my way and while looking at them my car bangs on a Ford IKOn parked on side.damaged bumper,fender and IKON with a big dent on its door below handle. the owner is my collegue and I informed her about the same.

After that,I scratched it in my parking,at my building gate,one Ford guy brushes me from left,a bike wala stops suddenly to put a scratch on front bumper,children in society have made a deep scratch on fuel tank lid......and many small dents as kids play cricket near parking area...hmmm..this is my story...

Currently,I am with scratch on fuel lid,bumper,left side fender and those small dents.Let's see when I will get painting and denting job done..
Old 24th January 2008, 11:04   #116
BHPian

Scratches !!!

Really interesting thread, this one.

My 4 month old Indica Turbo - got its first taste of blood when it had done abt 900kms.

My mistake completely as I got into a race with an IKON on the Western express highway - Malad on towards Bandra and in bid from stopping him overtake me on the sly, i revved hard and cut an Omni in front of me and both the vehicles kissed each other sideways and i just zoomed past - banging my head on the steering wheel for my stupidity.
That said, such acts - NEVER repeated again.

The next day car was in for the 1st service and got the left rear bumper repainted, left rear door re-painted, paid a hefty Rs 3.5 K to the dealer for getting it back into prime shape and swore not to commit such acts again.

NOw ODO close to 10K kms, all is well and hopefulyl stays that way.

One thing is certain, even the smallest of scratches bleeds your heart considerably - proving we're not heartless yet ( as most species of the opposite sex would want us to believe ) !!!

Cheers
Old 24th January 2008, 11:17   #117
BANNED

Mine got first scratch after 600 KM that too in my apartments parking lot by some guy, must be while taking his car out of parking he put very mild scratch or kinda rubbing in rear bumper, had one more small invisible dent in rear bumber 3 weeks bace and one more scratch on rear mud flap last week.
Still can say she is virgin.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Got the first scratch today

My Ikon got the first scratch today after 4 months (3800 Kms).
Thankfully, its not very bad, just a straight line along the edge of the back bumper.

- Jag
Old 24th January 2008, 19:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

My first scratch in my Indica was caused by a bike. Guess how. HE had parked his bike just next to my car below my building. And he sat on the bike and kick-started it. The kick lever scratched my car in a nice semi-circular way. That was the first minor one at maybe 100 kms.
The major one happened when I rear-ended into a truck at 40 kms. The truck braked suddenly and I could not stop in time. The bonnet had to be replaced, one headlamp replaced. But the job was so well done, you could'nt say it was dented.
Old 25th January 2008, 00:18   #120
BHPian

500kms-7th day,
near the parking space of our colony

was a minor one though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks