Team-BHP > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes 29 51.79%
No 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 14:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There are simply to many.
Please go thru an excellent article here -> Secretariat of AP-MCSTA
Sorry but I think you misunderstood my question.

I was not asking about the merits of space program.

Let me try again.

My question is how does it matter to us and how will it matter in future, whether or not Americans *really* landed on the moon or they *faked* it. Is it really worth discussing ?

If you read the first post of this thread, this is the topic of discussion, and not merits/demerits of space program.

Last edited by DCEite : 21st July 2009 at 14:51.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
The lunar program was a humongous achievement, & we should be marveling at what was achieved, not denigrating it...
It would be an achievement considering all the technological advancements that happened during project. But the question is whether or not the actual landing was faked. As someone already mentioned it here, just not to disappoint millions, they had to fake it at the very end.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2009 at 15:01.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
My question is how does it matter to us and how will it matter in future, whether or not Americans *really* landed on the moon or they *faked* it. Is it really worth discussing ?

If you read the first post of this thread, this is the topic of discussion, and not merits/demerits of space program.
Err.. since no one is answering that..may I ?
It may not affect us directly, I mean in our day to day life, but it certainly shows how great nations, or supposed greats can goof up.
So next time, if such countries claim/boast of something, they beg for a second thought.
If you don't believe me just check for the number of people on the net who feel 9/11 was an insider job. See the ripple effect ?
'People start asking questions' and doubt authenticity.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:11   #19
BHPian

Found this.

10 reasons the Apollo landings were 'faked'

1) When the astronauts are putting up the American flag it waves. There is no wind on the Moon.

2) No stars are visible in the pictures taken by the Apollo astronauts from the surface of the Moon.

3) No blast crater is visible in the pictures taken of the lunar landing module.

4) The landing module weighs 17 tons and yet sits on top of the sand making no impression. Next to it astronauts’ footprints can be seen in the sand.

5) The footprints in the fine lunar dust, with no moisture or atmosphere or strong gravity, are unexpectedly well preserved, as if made in wet sand.

6) When the landing module takes off from the Moon’s surface there is no visible flame from the rocket.

7) If you speed up the film of the astronauts walking on the Moon’s surface they look like they were filmed on Earth and slowed down.

8) The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt.

9) The rocks brought back from the Moon are identical to rocks collected by scientific expeditions to Antarctica.

10) All six Moon landings happened during the Nixon administration. No other national leader has claimed to have landed astronauts on the Moon, despite 40 years of rapid technological development
Again the moon mission is a total bluff
Old 21st July 2009, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
If you don't believe me just check for the number of people on the net who feel 9/11 was an insider job. See the ripple effect ?
'People start asking questions' and doubt authenticity.

Yes, 9/11 seems to me like an insider job. I saw the twin towers collpasing live on TV. Very similar to a controlled demolision. (Or rather looked like a controlled demolision)

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2009 at 15:27.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Most of you guys were not even born then. But I do recollect staring up at the moon and 'pretending' to see the landing with other tiny tots in my neighbourhood.

It is only recent news that the landing could be a scam. But I vividly remember the landing being shown in the 70s in almost every movie hall during trailers. We even had it shown in our school on a 16 mm film. Even the stones from the moon were circulated around the world.
40 years later, if people call it a scam, then I don't know what to believe and what not to!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 16:23   #22
BHPian

May be this should be converted to a POLL

I'm pretty sure that US moon landing was a hoax from all evidences and documentaries on this topic.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
May be this should be converted to a POLL
Converted to a poll....!

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2009 at 16:33.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:33   #24
BANNED

Ok to all those who think and believe its a hoax. Lets all agree it is.

Now what?
Old 21st July 2009, 16:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok to all those who think and believe its a hoax. Lets all agree it is.

Now what?
Now that everyone has agreed, get back to work
Old 21st July 2009, 16:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Now what?
Quote:
get back to work
If no work,
then look at the ticker ad on this page and play the game.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that everyone has agreed, get back to work
Who says? look at the poll results so far.... it's 50-50!!
Old 21st July 2009, 17:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Voted NO to shift the balance!
Link - PHOTOS: 8 Moon-Landing Hoax Myths -- Busted
But I still have doubts after watching the conspiracy theory videos!
Old 21st July 2009, 20:07   #29
BHPian

You guys all believe its a hoax just because America sent the first men to the moon . In a recent poll only 7 % of americans think it was faked. Yeah thats right; it was all a fake...so much so that the astronauts have had to keep their mouths shut for all these years. You guys are a bunch of crazies; just because America or another western country did something great, you guys have to pounce on them and say it was fake. I dont consider this mature behavior...something that is to be expected on a forum of this caliber .
Old 21st July 2009, 20:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
You guys all believe its a hoax just because America sent the first men to the moon . In a recent poll only 7 % of americans think it was faked. Yeah thats right; it was all a fake...so much so that the astronauts have had to keep their mouths shut for all these years. You guys are a bunch of crazies; just because America or another western country did something great, you guys have to pounce on them and say it was fake. I dont consider this mature behavior...something that is to be expected on a forum of this caliber .
So you believe that it was not a hoax because only 7% Americans think so. Can you answer to the points written in a post above, with a moon landing picture?

It was a hoax. I am not embarrassed to say that, neither do I think that it is not a mature behavior.

Most Viewed