Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes 29 51.79%
No 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:11   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Real as so much in i was born in America, but my parents and grandparents are from india. So yes, even though i am of indian heritage, i consider myself as more of an american. So yes America is "my" country, but on the other hand, India is as well.
Dude your comments somehow make me feel you are as Indian as one can get

As far as the Apollo Moon landing goes- I don't know the truth but I think they did land there.

If you have two perfectly believable explanations for a set of facts then it's not the truth which matters but what you trust more and whatever you choose later you are not at fault.

Chill out guys
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Dude your comments somehow make me feel you are as Indian as one can get

As far as the Apollo Moon landing goes- I don't know the truth but I think they did land there.

If you have two perfectly believable explanations for a set of facts then it's not the truth which matters but what you trust more and whatever you choose later you are not at fault.

Chill out guys
Maybe the 4 years of living in india have rubbed off on me. Anyways i was just trying to show everyone how ridiculous this consipiracy is and how its already been debunked numerous times. Most people here just dont get it or are too ignorant to see beyond their own two feet. Thing is the conspiracy isnt perfectly believable because its already been proven false quite simply and scientifically.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:26   #78
BHPian

What ever you guys say here, does'nt matter to me. But as far as am concerned the moon mission is staged just to prove one point, to be the first to do it.

as zaks clearly pointed out
Quote:
it's not the truth which matters but what you trust more
Any way am not offending any ones interests here and am not here to prove anything to any one, because the truth is out there in open.

This thread is becoming very very interesting.

I think the MODS can change the title of the thread to Hoaxs or Truths so that we can discuss all such kinda of topic here
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I think the MODS can change the title of the thread to Hoaxs or Truths so that we can discuss all such kinda of topic here
Shucks! Posts deleted! I was having a ball.
Anyway, yes, we should have something like 'Great hoaxes of the 20th century' thread or something like that.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Good that posts got deleted. Thanks Mods. Let's keep the discussion to the topic not to personal fights.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:40   #81
BHPian

Interesting thread, interesting opinions.

I grew up, wanting to be an astronaut. The inspiration came from reading up about the space race and the moon landings and Neil Armstrong was one of my ultimate heros as a child. So i will always belive that the moon landings were real and i dont think any conspiracy theroy will change my opinion. After all they are just 'theories'.

I do like the magnesium flare idea though - Go thru all the possible efforts to keep weight low and then pile in a whole lot of magnesium flares
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

Always knew that the conspiracy theories werent true, even when they looked enticing, because of this thing I had seen in my childhood in some program about timekeeping.

After 40 years' reflection, laser moon mirror project is axed | Technology | The Observer
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:18   #83
BANNED

The whole space program was kick started by JF Kennedy, well before the crisis in US Govt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The moon landings (1969-72) happened when US was going under one of the worst confidence crisis.
Apollo 11 was not the only manned mission to moon - they were many after that: The Apollo Program (1963 - 1972)
This included the ill fated Apollo 13 mission. Also, many pre cursor missions too.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:38   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If 9/11 is indeed staged then it must been done by the security industry, to boost their sales - just see the amount spent by companies on security these days.
That was exactly the intention. Besides that, the huge insurance claim and the plans for new buildings.
Continuing to be OT (sorry for that), but the topic of hoaxes reminds me of something. Not claiming it's a hoax but it's got me thinking.
Remember the hole in the ozone layer and how it was increasing and how we were all supposed to die from the suns radiation? The all the CFC's (old ones) were banned and new ones (for which DuPont holds the patents) were introduced. Now to recharge the gas in the newer cars AC's we have to shell out more than double (and you know who gets a part of that). After that no one is talking about the ozone layer. Why?
God knows how many hoaxes are there? I read something about the Holocast too but it's too controversial to discuss here.

Coming back to the moon, who's the third guy who was on the so called mission? Never can remember his name. It's never mentioned much. He supposedly died under mysterious circumstances. Why is Buzz Aldrin always the centre of attention. Never get to see any interviews or stories of Neil Armstrong. Any idea why he changed his religion?
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Mirror, mirror on the moon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Always knew that the conspiracy theories werent true, even when they looked enticing, because of this thing I had seen in my childhood in some program about timekeeping.

After 40 years' reflection, laser moon mirror project is axed | Technology | The Observer
It does not require a manned moon mission to leave objects on the moon.

Quoting from the above article...

Quote:
In addition, a second pair were built by French scientists and flown to the moon by the Soviet Union on their robot Luna probes.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 23rd July 2009 at 14:54.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:23   #86
BANNED

3 guys on Apollo 11 mission - Neil Armstrong , Buzz Aldrin & Michael_Collins

Neil Armstrong was chosen to be the one to step on moon first by the mission bosses. Some say, it was because he was less egoistic of the 3.

Anyway Buzz Aldrin is center may be because he charges less for speaking or interviews (just guessing ). Or its all to with their personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Coming back to the moon, who's the third guy who was on the so called mission? Never can remember his name. It's never mentioned much. He supposedly died under mysterious circumstances. Why is Buzz Aldrin always the centre of attention. Never get to see any interviews or stories of Neil Armstrong. Any idea why he changed his religion?
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:30   #87
Team-BHP Support

The biggest hoax of them all is that YOU exist.

Do you think that is air you are breathing, Neo!
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:40   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Do you think that is air you are breathing, Neo!

It is fun to read all these stories. Hoax or not this surely is entertaining.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Where is the "I don't care" option in the poll ??
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

The "third guy" is alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
...Coming back to the moon, who's the third guy who was on the so called mission? Never can remember his name. It's never mentioned much. He supposedly died under mysterious circumstances....
Where did you get that piece of supposition from ? Please verify such statements before posting here.

Michael Collins is the name of the third person, and i dont remember coming across any reports of him dying under mysterious circumstances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks