Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:35   #286
BHPian

Re: Property Tax discussion

Just paid my property tax as well. Seamless and fuss free (just how I like all payment should be).
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Bangalore users, the BBMP property tax portal seems to be working fine today.
I had a reminder for 1/4 - on that day, the portal was down. It became active on 2/4 and I paid promptly.

Chennai's was also similar, but the payment reconciliation happened on 3/4 (today) so there was a delay in getting the receipt.

Kerala's land tax portal worked, but the amount I was charged was less than usual. Their building tax portal is down even this morning.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:46   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You realize this thread was started 14 years ago, saying how online payments are a big change compared to the manual method.
Haha! I know, I know it seems silly to cite online payments as a big thing these days.

But the bad memories of several years where I spent at least a couple of weeks each year finishing up this chore manually are still traumatic! I hated running between the local BBMP office with their bad-tempered staff, and then to one of the less-efficient nationalized banks, with their even more unhelpful staff, to get the payments done. Numerous wasted trips ("server down", office closed"), half-day leaves applied and cancelled, commuting between office and these places...

Despite paying online for the past few years, am still thinking this is too good to be true!
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:10   #289
Senior - BHPian

I am making online payment from many years but even before that I did not face any such harrowing experience. Filling up form used to be the major time consumer but other stuff hardly took time. A half day's effort at max perhaps.

Having said that I prefer online mode for the convenience. I did make this year's payment in < 5 mins start to finish
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 13:35   #290
Senior - BHPian

I had a reminder set for 1/4 to pay property taxes. My first attempt for this fiscal had these results:

1. KA (BBMP) - portal was down in the morning, with a countdown timer. At around 1 PM it came up and I paid my tax immediately. This year, they want us to capture the lat/long of the property along with all other details (they have provided instructions for how to do this with Google Maps, but that is confusing to say the least). Paid.

2. TN (Chennai Corporation) - portal was up and accepted payment, but then said "financial year is not active" and refused to issue me a receipt. No change in this till now. I will check again only after 2-3 days (or if the payment is reversed).

3. KL - Revenue department's land tax portal was down in the morning, but came up later. Paid the tax quickly enough. It was 50% higher than last year's. The LSG department's building tax portal is still down and I expect it to stay so for several days more.
Old 1st April 2024, 14:02   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I had a reminder set for 1/4 to pay property taxes. My first attempt for this fiscal had these results:
Arrey, just like buying a new model from Royal Enfield, you never try the first offering. Or in this case on the first day, or even first week. Let other bakras give it a go, there will always be flaws/bugs. Let enough people complain, then they will fix it and then try!
Old 3rd April 2024, 07:22   #292
BHPian

What do we update the site dimensions for the apartment in BBMP tax payment for this year - carpet area, super built area and whether including car park?
Old 3rd April 2024, 08:19   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. TN (Chennai Corporation) - portal was up and accepted payment, but then said "financial year is not active" and refused to issue me a receipt.
This was accounted later in the day itself and I got the receipt. So the only one pending now is Kerala property tax to be paid to the LSG unit (https://tax.lsgkerala.gov.in/epayment).

Quote:
you never try the first offering. Or in this case on the first day, or even first week. Let other bakras give it a go...
I don't mind being the test case (assuming that's what you meant by "bakras"). What I abhor is having unfinished tasks in my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
What do we update the site dimensions for the apartment in BBMP tax payment for this year - carpet area, super built area and whether including car park?
You just select "there are no changes since last year" (or unselect "there are changes" as the case is - I don't recall the exact UX) at the time of logging in to the BBMP property tax portal.

Last edited by binand : 3rd April 2024 at 08:21.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 09:28   #294
BHPian

Quote:
You just select "there are no changes since last year" (or unselect "there are changes" as the case is - I don't recall the exact UX) at the time of logging in to the BBMP property tax portal.
I have not checked the box as there are no changes. But I still get the site dimensions and geolocation as mandatory fields.
Old 3rd April 2024, 10:34   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have not checked the box as there are no changes. But I still get the site dimensions and geolocation as mandatory fields.
OK, then I guess the BBMP database does not have these details for your apartment.

Assuming it is a standard apartment, here is how my consultant calculated all that when I paid tax the first time several years back. I had taken notes and created a spreadsheet.

SBU = the saleable area, which is the area the builder sold you at a certain psft rate ("a 1500 sft apartment").
UDS = the share of land that is yours. Mentioned in the sale deed.
Exclusive area = SBU less UDS.

From exclusive area, reduce 80 sft per car parking slot that you own. This gives carpet area.
Old 3rd April 2024, 21:51   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore users, the BBMP property tax portal seems to be working fine today. Just paid my property tax. Usually see issues during this time of the year when everyone tries to pay the tax. Fingers-crossed it keeps working fine this month and the next.
I had issue using HDFC payment gateway with idfc credit card twice. But it worked with PayUBiz gateway (the other one).
I did notice HDFC was not adding the 0.8% additional charge while charging the credit card, perhaps it was fialing due to some internal audit check failing.

Last edited by alexgv : 3rd April 2024 at 21:56.
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 13:06   #297
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed the Property tax ritual today, overall it was a pleasant experience after an initial payment failure due to a technical issue. After entering the bank OTP, I got a payment failure and when I went to the payment status page and looked up on the application number, it clearly said, "Try after 11:10 am" Finally, got back after an hour and it went through smoothly!

Has the new tax calculation based on guidance value been effected ? I ask since the calculation seems to be same as last year and in addition I had a "Excess payment in previous year" item in the calculation that resulted in a lower amount this year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks