Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:59   #91
J.Ravi

re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
what is the SAS application number ? How do we get that ?
The application number of Self Assessment Scheme [SAS] for 2008-09. If you had filed the application under SAS, you can know the application number from the counterfoil of the application duly acknowledged by BBMP.
Quote:
Isn't it sufficient to have a KHATA number for online payment ?
Mere khata number is not sufficient for payment of tax online for 2012-13. The details are here: BBMP Property Tax - Internet Payment Form IV

Old 4th April 2012, 17:37   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just a few minutes back, I paid BBMP property tax online for my home without any problem. The 5% rebate is allowed if paid for the full year on or before 30 April 2012.

I have also noted that BBMP has introduced new property ID numbers for each property and tagged the property using GIS map. For details, visit here: http://asbpa.bbmp.gov.in/newpid/
Ravi, Thank you very much for the informative post. It is a great initiative from BBMP to tag properties based on GIS map. I think they deserve a standing ovation for this.

I am not sure about the old areas of Bangalore which already had PID. But for newly added areas like Rajarajeshwarinagar, we never had any PID before. We were paying the tax only by quoting the Khatha number. We were not sure if the tax we are paying is correctly accounted for our house. Now with the GIS map, we can clearly see which site has the property id been tagged to. Gives us peace of mind. Was this GIS map already available before for all the people residing within city limits?

Property Tax discussion-untitled.jpg
Old 4th April 2012, 17:48   #93
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Was this GIS map already available before for all the people residing within city limits?
No. Tagging the property with GIS map is a new feature introduced to nab the tax evaders or who pay less tax. I am seeing this novel feature now only.

Old 4th April 2012, 17:53   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No. Tagging the property with GIS map is a new feature introduced to nab the tax evaders or who pay less tax. I am seeing this novel feature now only.
Thanks Ravi. Then it is really great news for all people who are residing in Bangalore. Now they can verify and confirm that the property id is correctly tagged to their site.

Excellent news Ravi. Thanks once again for posting the link here.
Old 6th April 2012, 17:36   #95
BHPian

As per bbmp tax records, my property still has the previous owners name. Any idea whom to approach to correct this?
Old 6th April 2012, 23:57   #96
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
As per bbmp tax records, my property still has the previous owners name. Any idea whom to approach to correct this?
Try to get it correct by visiting your local ward office. Otherwise you can try the BBMP office at Utility Building, MG Road since they have a help centre there for Khatha and Encumberance certificates so they will be able to tell you why it's not updated. Generally, if the Khata records with BBMP are updated with the correct name, the same will appear in your tax records also. There may be some specific reason (property is in a new ward added recently to BBMP, etc) why it's not updated yet.
On another note, my tax payment record for 2010-11 is still not updated when I check online
Old 7th April 2012, 00:05   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How long has it been since you purchased it from the previous owner? We sold our old flat sometime in September last year, and the tax records now show the new owner's name.
Old 7th April 2012, 08:53   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Try to get it correct by visiting your local ward office. Otherwise you can try the BBMP office at Utility Building, MG Road since they have a help centre there for Khatha and Encumberance certificates so they will be able to tell you why it's not updated. Generally, if the Khata records with BBMP are updated with the correct name, the same will appear in your tax records also. There may be some specific reason (property is in a new ward added recently to BBMP, etc) why it's not updated yet.
On another note, my tax payment record for 2010-11 is still not updated when I check online
Katha is in my name. Not sure why here it is still not updated.Thabks for the advice, will visit the ward office soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
How long has it been since you purchased it from the previous owner? We sold our old flat sometime in September last year, and the tax records now show the new owner's name.
Its close to 2 years.
Old 29th April 2012, 00:06   #99
BHPian

Need some help filing the property tax.

I get 5% rebate if I make the payment before 30/04/12. Column 11 on the Form IV shows the rebate and the discounted amount, but I can still see the original amount (i.e. without the rebate) in the last column- Total tax payable for full year.

Do I need to make the correction manually? or is it a glitch and I need to retry later?
Old 30th April 2012, 14:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same boat. Bought the property in Aug 2010. Last year I had visited the BBMP office to pay the tax since it was showing the previous owners name on their website. Submitted all required documents and paid the tax. When I went back to collect the receipt a week later, it still had the previous owner's name . The officer there manually corrected the name and put the BBMP seal, saying that their system will get updated later.

This year too, I see only the previous owner's name. Went ahead and paid online nevertheless. Will sort it out when I get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
That was fast! Does your property have PID no.? Mine doesn't and I still am using the 2008-2009 receipt number to search. Maybe that might be the reason.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:37   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am in the same boat. Bought the property in Aug 2010. Last year I had visited the BBMP office to pay the tax since it was showing the previous owners name on their website. Submitted all required documents and paid the tax. When I went back to collect the receipt a week later, it still had the previous owner's name . The officer there manually corrected the name and put the BBMP seal, saying that their system will get updated later.

This year too, I see only the previous owner's name. Went ahead and paid online nevertheless. Will sort it out when I get time.
What all documents you had submitted? Any application to be filed for same?
Old 30th April 2012, 15:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correct, I had submitted the copy of the registration, khata extract and an application in plain paper. The BBMP fellow also wrote down something is a fully Kannada form.
Old 30th April 2012, 18:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
That was fast! Does your property have PID no.? Mine doesn't and I still am using the 2008-2009 receipt number to search. Maybe that might be the reason.
Yes, it had a PID number. Even I was surprised that the records had been updated. Maybe the new owners got it done by running from pillar to post. I think the PID nos will change from this year though.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:48   #104
BHPian

As per todays TOI, 5% rebate has been extended for 1 more month
Old 24th March 2013, 01:35   #105
AWD
BHPian

All about Property Tax

Property Tax has been levied in some States, could the members from respective States state what's the quantum of tax imposed & what calculations are used ? How much Tax on residential properties & has it been imposed on vacant plots too ?

Also a larger question, what fundamentals is the Govt. using to impose such taxes, doesn't it make the residents a tenant in their own freehold properties ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks