Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 22:53   #121
BHPian

Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why are you visiting them, any problem with your khata?

Today I was reminded of the property tax. Just went to BBMP website, paid the tax in 10 minutes using credit card. Done.

PS: This is the 5th year I am paying online.
I have no problems with Khata. It is just that I have been paying tax by going to the office for the past 6 years without any hassles.

Thanks for nudging me towards online payment, which I did now. .
Old 8th June 2013, 13:28   #122
BHPian

I'm trying to pay my Property tax. One part of our house is rented. I need to use form 5 to declare that it is both self occupied and rented. However, I'm not sure what zone to select and I can't find anything online. The house in question is in HRBR layout which comes under Banaswadi BBMP limits. Does anyone know how to find out what zone the property comes under? Evidently the zones are A, B, C, D an E, but I can't figure out which zone it falls under. There must be some booklet or PDF file that lists this somewhere... would appreciate help from someone who's aware of it.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:05   #123
BHPian

I have purchased a new Apt in RR Nagar, Bangy. The builder has paid Tax for 2013-14. However as an apt owner i guess i need to pay property tax for my individual unit. Any idea on how to go about it? Khata transfer has still not been done but registration is completed.
Old 5th May 2014, 11:51   #124
BHPian

Hi friends inadvertently i missed out the deadline of 30 April 2014 for payment of BBMP property tax in Bangalore in order to claim benefit of 5% rebate on property tax.

I was told that the rebate period may get extended till 30 June 2014. Do anyone have any information on the same.
Old 5th May 2014, 12:56   #125

Hi,
The 5% rebate is extended till 31.05.2014.
Sunil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends inadvertently i missed out the deadline of 30 April 2014 for payment of BBMP property tax in Bangalore in order to claim benefit of 5% rebate on property tax.

I was told that the rebate period may get extended till 30 June 2014. Do anyone have any information on the same.
Old 5th May 2014, 15:30   #126
BHPian

For the last 3 years, I have depended on an update on this thread as a reminder for my tax payment.
Old 9th May 2014, 11:14   #127
BHPian

Have a slight OT query. For my property in Bangalore, the khata transfer is done but when I pay the tax online, the owner name still shows as builder's name.
Can anyone suggest how this can be recitified ?
Old 9th May 2014, 11:56   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Have a slight OT query. For my property in Bangalore, the khata transfer is done but when I pay the tax online, the owner name still shows as builder's name.
I got it done through an agent who is helping me with Katha transfer. In my case though, the name in property tax is changed but the Katha transfer is not
Old 9th May 2014, 12:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I got it done through an agent who is helping me with Katha transfer. In my case though, the name in property tax is changed but the Katha transfer is not
Where is your property located? I am in a similar situation and would like to get the khata transfer done. I already have a B-Khata, property tax till 2012 was in the builders name and from 2013 and this year, I am getting it in my name as I got it changed by luck.

Would you mind sharing the details of the agent and the cost associated with the same?
Old 9th May 2014, 12:27   #130
BHPian

chanced upon this link where in they promise to do lot of tasks related to property and Khata

http://www.homeshikari.com/property-...ta-procurement

I am not sure how reliable they are though...
Old 10th May 2014, 00:19   #131
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
You can visit your local BBMP ward office and talk to the folks there to have this updated in their system.
Old 10th May 2014, 05:10   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
One part of our house is rented. I need to use form 5 to declare that it is both self occupied and rented....The house in question is in HRBR layout which comes under Banaswadi BBMP limits..
Hello, were you able to get this done? I also needed to do the same for my house in hrbr.Please share the form 5 link and other procedures.
Old 11th May 2014, 00:22   #133
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Post deleted. Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th May 2014 at 21:26.
Old 11th May 2014, 09:55   #134
Senior - BHPian

I think we fear un-necessarily. Getting the name changed is a simple process which I got done (my wife actually!) in a day last week.

Once registration is done, there is not much to fear including khata transfer.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th May 2014 at 12:41. Reason: Edited the quote out as previous post was deleted...
Old 11th May 2014, 23:55   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I think we fear un-necessarily. Getting the name changed is a simple process which I got done (my wife actually!) in a day last week.

Once registration is done, there is not much to fear including khata transfer.
It is not about fear but actual facts that I am stating. See if your name change reflects when you pay tax online next year and then reply here.

I submitted all documents for name change when paying property tax in 2011 and got a hand written receipt with my name.
2012, online receipt had the first owner's name only and on visiting the office, I was told that the database has not been updated and it will be fixed the next year. Same story in 2013 as well. That is when I approached an agent and 2014 online receipt has my name, finally.

I don't even want to get started on the Katha transfer woes. Already one of my posts got deleted above due to abusive language.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks