Team-BHP - Property Tax discussion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Property Tax discussion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62139-property-tax-discussion.html)

Bangalore folks can pay their property tax online using the link Palike Page.
All you need is the application/receipt number for last year's tax payment. pay before July 31st to avail 5% discount

If you use online then you will get the actual receipt of the payment approx after 10 to 15 days from the nearest BBMP office. To speed up this submit the form (take print out from site) and give to them.
Also if not convenient fill the details of cheque or draft and submit it directly to the BBMP office. 10 mins job. If submitting cheque you will get the receipt once cheque is cleared(one week). For draft receipt is issued at that time only
Better approach with draft if not paying online

Details will be filled automatically once you put last year application number. Just check mobile number etc along with payment details. You are ready for it

I paid online yesterday night and it was a good experience. I still have to take a printout of the receipt from the office as I do not have a printer at home. But, this is a good initiative from BBMP. The process was very simple: if we have the last year's tax paid receipt, and if we have not done any changes to the property from last year, all we need to do is to download the form iv. That will have automatically filled all values from last year's application. Also, it will calculate the tax for this year. Since I paid the full tax, I got a 5% rebate also. The calculations included the rebate too. And, I used my credit card to pay the bills. While paying, it routes us to idbi bank gateway.

That all sounds like so much work.

For Hyderabad, logon to esevaonline.
Register using the PTIN number.

Shows the amount of tax due. Pay it either from the bank account or CC.
No discounts and CC surcharge applies.

Registration is a one time activity.
You can register multiple houses.

Eseva also accepts electricity payments.

I too used the online property tax payment this time. However I dont think it applies the depreciation benefits automatically. It doesnt seem to actually calculate the tax, just take the amount from last payment. So if you have made mistake in calculating tax last year, it will be carried over.

I understand there is no change for the next 2 years in the amount of tax you need to pay (depreciation benefits)

This is a good initiative by BBMP. All you need is the application / receipt number for the previous year to pay online. However, when you proceed with the payment for the current year, please note down the receipt number (for the current year). The reason is, the receipt generated will open only if you have Adobe 9 or above. If your computer has the previous version, you will not be able to print the receipt and for re-printing you need the application / receipt number for the current year and the previous year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suvi (Post 1395779)
I understand there is no change for the next 2 years in the amount of tax you need to pay (depreciation benefits)

To the best of my knowledge property does not have depreciation benefits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1395677)
Eseva also accepts electricity payments.

You can also pay bsnl and airtel land line bills

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1396449)
To the best of my knowledge property does not have depreciation benefits.

the building does have and BBMP has taken this into account while computing the tax. the older building with same built-up area will be taxed less. also tax is less for self occupied property and much higher if it is rented out.

I just now finished the process and it was quite good. However, I did have some trouble in getting the print out, but I did manage to get one.

By doing this, I did save Rs. 150 as this is the fees we pay to the BBMP person who comes to our layout and helps us in filling the forms as all these are in Kannada.

My tax details are unavailable. Its a new apartment for which I paid tax for the first time last year. Some of the apartment owners were able to get the details online. You would have to contact the local BBMP office if you tax details are unavailable online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1399051)
By doing this, I did save Rs. 150 as this is the fees we pay to the BBMP person who comes to our layout and helps us in filling the forms as all these are in Kannada.

This is strange to me, though I am not disputing it. BBMP works in very different ways in different areas. I live in Jayanagar.

The BBMP person who came must have brought Kannada forms though there are English forms available. Few weeks back (last week of June) I had gone to the BBMP office, I filled up an English form there, in English, gave my cheque and got a receipt. I noticed, the backside of the form was in Kannada, i.e. I had a choice of English or Kannada.

Last year the BBMP person had come to our apartments and collected cheques and gave receipts. He did not take any commission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pachchu (Post 1399164)
This is strange to me, though I am not disputing it. BBMP works in very different ways in different areas. I live in Jayanagar.

The BBMP person who came must have brought Kannada forms though there are English forms available. Few weeks back (last week of June) I had gone to the BBMP office, I filled up an English form there, in English, gave my cheque and got a receipt. I noticed, the backside of the form was in Kannada, i.e. I had a choice of English or Kannada.

Last year the BBMP person had come to our apartments and collected cheques and gave receipts. He did not take any commission.

The english forms were out of stock whenever I went to the BBMP office. A BBMP person would be there who charges Rs.100 for giving assistance to fill Kannada forms. He makes good business and I think it is a ploy to make money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pachchu (Post 1399164)

Is that true? Because, in the last 4-5 years that I have been paying property tax, I did not see any English form. I pay my taxes at Mahadevapura, which was earlier part of the erstwhile CMC and now BBMP.

Even at the Mahadevapura BBMP office, there are no English forms and the same person sits there to fill the forms. Out there, you can get away by paying Rs. 50 or so. Because he is coming to our layout, he charges us Rs. 150.