Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:36   #1
BHPian

Property Tax discussion

Bangalore folks can pay their property tax online using the link Palike Page.
All you need is the application/receipt number for last year's tax payment. pay before July 31st to avail 5% discount
suvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:43   #2
BHPian

If you use online then you will get the actual receipt of the payment approx after 10 to 15 days from the nearest BBMP office. To speed up this submit the form (take print out from site) and give to them.
Also if not convenient fill the details of cheque or draft and submit it directly to the BBMP office. 10 mins job. If submitting cheque you will get the receipt once cheque is cleared(one week). For draft receipt is issued at that time only
Better approach with draft if not paying online

Details will be filled automatically once you put last year application number. Just check mobile number etc along with payment details. You are ready for it

Last edited by aka_iitd : 22nd July 2009 at 10:46.
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

I paid online yesterday night and it was a good experience. I still have to take a printout of the receipt from the office as I do not have a printer at home. But, this is a good initiative from BBMP. The process was very simple: if we have the last year's tax paid receipt, and if we have not done any changes to the property from last year, all we need to do is to download the form iv. That will have automatically filled all values from last year's application. Also, it will calculate the tax for this year. Since I paid the full tax, I got a 5% rebate also. The calculations included the rebate too. And, I used my credit card to pay the bills. While paying, it routes us to idbi bank gateway.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

That all sounds like so much work.

For Hyderabad, logon to esevaonline.
Register using the PTIN number.

Shows the amount of tax due. Pay it either from the bank account or CC.
No discounts and CC surcharge applies.

Registration is a one time activity.
You can register multiple houses.

Eseva also accepts electricity payments.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:15   #5
BHPian

I too used the online property tax payment this time. However I dont think it applies the depreciation benefits automatically. It doesnt seem to actually calculate the tax, just take the amount from last payment. So if you have made mistake in calculating tax last year, it will be carried over.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:43   #6
BHPian

I understand there is no change for the next 2 years in the amount of tax you need to pay (depreciation benefits)
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:42   #7
BHPian

This is a good initiative by BBMP. All you need is the application / receipt number for the previous year to pay online. However, when you proceed with the payment for the current year, please note down the receipt number (for the current year). The reason is, the receipt generated will open only if you have Adobe 9 or above. If your computer has the previous version, you will not be able to print the receipt and for re-printing you need the application / receipt number for the current year and the previous year.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:32   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
I understand there is no change for the next 2 years in the amount of tax you need to pay (depreciation benefits)
To the best of my knowledge property does not have depreciation benefits.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Eseva also accepts electricity payments.
You can also pay bsnl and airtel land line bills
Old 24th July 2009, 10:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
To the best of my knowledge property does not have depreciation benefits.
the building does have and BBMP has taken this into account while computing the tax. the older building with same built-up area will be taxed less. also tax is less for self occupied property and much higher if it is rented out.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:25   #11
BHPian

I just now finished the process and it was quite good. However, I did have some trouble in getting the print out, but I did manage to get one.

By doing this, I did save Rs. 150 as this is the fees we pay to the BBMP person who comes to our layout and helps us in filling the forms as all these are in Kannada.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

My tax details are unavailable. Its a new apartment for which I paid tax for the first time last year. Some of the apartment owners were able to get the details online. You would have to contact the local BBMP office if you tax details are unavailable online.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
By doing this, I did save Rs. 150 as this is the fees we pay to the BBMP person who comes to our layout and helps us in filling the forms as all these are in Kannada.
This is strange to me, though I am not disputing it. BBMP works in very different ways in different areas. I live in Jayanagar.

The BBMP person who came must have brought Kannada forms though there are English forms available. Few weeks back (last week of June) I had gone to the BBMP office, I filled up an English form there, in English, gave my cheque and got a receipt. I noticed, the backside of the form was in Kannada, i.e. I had a choice of English or Kannada.

Last year the BBMP person had come to our apartments and collected cheques and gave receipts. He did not take any commission.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
This is strange to me, though I am not disputing it. BBMP works in very different ways in different areas. I live in Jayanagar.

The BBMP person who came must have brought Kannada forms though there are English forms available. Few weeks back (last week of June) I had gone to the BBMP office, I filled up an English form there, in English, gave my cheque and got a receipt. I noticed, the backside of the form was in Kannada, i.e. I had a choice of English or Kannada.

Last year the BBMP person had come to our apartments and collected cheques and gave receipts. He did not take any commission.
The english forms were out of stock whenever I went to the BBMP office. A BBMP person would be there who charges Rs.100 for giving assistance to fill Kannada forms. He makes good business and I think it is a ploy to make money.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:30   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post

Is that true? Because, in the last 4-5 years that I have been paying property tax, I did not see any English form. I pay my taxes at Mahadevapura, which was earlier part of the erstwhile CMC and now BBMP.

Even at the Mahadevapura BBMP office, there are no English forms and the same person sits there to fill the forms. Out there, you can get away by paying Rs. 50 or so. Because he is coming to our layout, he charges us Rs. 150.

Most Viewed