Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:21   #1
BHPian

Ebay seller giving threat over phone

This to aware our fellow BHPians about one Ebay incident happening to me.
.I ordered and made payment for a Coral(very cheap thing,but attractive)nearly one month ago,after several messages inquiring why I have not received it yet,I finally got it delivered yesterday.I left the feedback as neutral as I was too much harrased.
Today,a guy called me in harsh tone giving threat to revert the feed back to positive-yes I did it.Then,I sent a email to Ebay customer care,from my own Email address:
Quote:
Respected Ebay management person/administration,
I bought an item no.xxxxxxxxxxxx from your Ebay "power seller" xxxxxxxx,which he delivered me long time(nearly 3weeks)after the order and payment,that too,after writing several messages to him and mentioning the proof that actual transaction has been made.
I think,I have the right to mark this item feedback as "Neutral".
I marked it neutral mentioning the product is ok,description and everything are accurate except the shipping was delayed( 0n 22/07/09).
Today,the man called me on one of my cell phone(xxxxxxxxxxxx) at 12:15PM (two calls were made,one call was ended probably due to some network problem)from phone number xxxxxxxxxxxx.He spoked in very rough and abusive language and tone and said that he is sending a request to my Ebay account message inbox and forced me to revise it to positive.Under threat,I had to do it.
I am a respected person of the society and I have not been harrased in this way after buying some products from any online shop.
Yes,I got afraid,I made contact with online chat helpline of Ebay (still then I was so afraid that I said them I will not complain against the seller,just inform Ebay about the incidence) who gave your email address.
I am still afraid of the seller for such prank calls or threat calls or bodily harm for reporting the case against him,as my phone number,home address all are known to him.
So,this is the way,Ebay sellers become-"power sellers"?
Please take the proper steps against him.
Thanking you,
yours faithfully
XXXXXXXXXX
BHPians,Yours comments and advice needed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2009 at 15:24. Reason: Quote changed. Seller phone number also removed (btw - it had one extra digit (in addition to the 91)))
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why did you change your feedback ? You should have left it at neutral or even changed it to negative.

Be that as it may, make sure you shoot some emails to ebay & also address the management through a letter by regd post. The seller has no right to call you & threaten you.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

That is shocking. I thought the seller ratings in e-bay are dependable and had used it as a guide. I have heard about instances where sellers had offered freebies to ensure a positive rating after lapse in service, but threat was totally unheard of. Only way to take this forward is to create awareness among internet users. Hope e-bay will look in to this and take action

Last edited by gadadhar : 23rd July 2009 at 14:30.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:28   #4
BHPian

I think you have done right to bring it to Ebay's notice. However, I think you did wrong in revising your feedback. Can it be reverted to neutral? If yes, I would do that, if I were you. In fact, if possible to revert, you should revert it to negative.

Who is this Ebay seller, so that we can stay clear of him.

Last edited by johy : 23rd July 2009 at 14:30.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Disclose the name of the seller here, will spread like wildfire. Atleast a few of us will be benefited from the fact that we wouldn't be buying anything from such power sellers.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Disclose the name of the seller here, will spread like wildfire. Atleast a few of us will be benefited from the fact that we wouldn't be buying anything from such power sellers.
+1, And I would suggest that you take a screenshot of that ebay product page + rating/feedback page and share it.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:42   #7
BANNED

Yes please disclose the name. I buy stuff from ebay and I need to be careful. In fact we should compile a list of rouge sellers on ebay on a separate thread.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:47   #8
BHPian

This is sheer nonsense. Since when did people start demanding positive feedback and that too by threatening the customer. Please publish the name and I shall ensure that this gets across all over the place. I can post them in our corporate bullet in board and also in my previous organizations. That means, the message would pretty much reach the entire fraternity in no time.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed shocking. Please revert the feedback to Negative if possible and do disclose the name of the seller here.
Anyone who does a simple Google search on the seller will get benefited.
Also, there are many T-BHPians who regularly buy from ebay and we can stay away from this seller.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:26   #10

this is exactly why i dont buy anything online, I just dont think i can trust anyone.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Ebay India is going to pits!
Infested with chinese fakes and dubious sellers.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:40   #12
BHPian

Thank you my friends to be with me

Yes,I did wrong by changing the feedback,I was really tensed,offended,I cant say what was going on my mind at that time.No,it cant be changed back by a buyer.
I will update about the incidence on 5-6 hourly basis as soon I get any response.
Yes,I can mention the name of the seller,its Kikan-gems.
How can I thank you,I dont know,really,I am feeling "a friend in need,is a friend indeed".
I have not told to anyone of our family(though team-bhp is also our another family),for that reason,they will get tensed.
I just posted this fact to another forum(USA based gems forum).
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Post his phone number
If you can, post his name. We can have some fun...
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:48   #14
BANNED

Oh this is so disgusting.

eBay India Store - KIKAN-GEMS: museum sizes, wholesale lots, jewelry

Let the magic begin.

He earned through the net now he is going to lose because of it.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:49   #15
Team-BHP Support

Try the "baap re, phir", routine from Sam Kapasi's post long ago.

The thing is, just keep saying "baap re, phir" to everything the caller says.
Works wonders on those pesky calls.

Most Viewed