Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 05:40   #1
BHPian

Was Hurricane Katrina Man Made?

So im watching a show on the history channel called "weather warfare". Apparently the track of hurricane katrina; indeed maybe the whole thing, was created by high energy transmitters owned by either Russia, China or both of them together. I dunno, i think its definetly possible. Indeed, the US government operates something called HAARP (google or wikipedia it) up in Alaska that is supposedly being used to control the weather and maybe other things (i.e create earthquakes). Who knows...even India may operate a system like this. It makes me wonder what governments are really up to. I know much has been made of US and Russian or Chinese secret projects; but what about India. Does India have anything secret going on that we should know about??
Old 26th July 2009, 05:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

"This weather we've been having; it's all the Russian's fault"

Goodness; I haven't heard that since about 1960!
Old 26th July 2009, 06:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Well during the cold war, apparently the Russians caused a drought in California. I think it was during the 60's to the 80's..specifically during the 60's there was a massive drought in California. Around the same time there was a massive amount of VLF traffic detected coming from the Soviet Union; called the "Russian Woodpecker" because of the radio traffic emmitting a pulse similar to the sound of a woodpecker. That traffic could have plausibly changed the jet stream around North America and make it travel in the reverse direction, thus causing the drought.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

There was some famous book where it was described about controlling weather. Sorry not book, but novel. There at the end of the novel, it was mentioned that Russia had some high energy transmitters that they can use anytime to control weather. High chances for the same, but I wonder if mankind can control so much. Katrina was a huge natural calamity. It reduced to F4 when it hit US soil. It was F5 earlier.

Can hold some theory, but with speculation.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

In the 80s every natural/man-made disaster in India was blamed on the 'Foreign hand'. Every time something went wrong, the politicians would inevitably bring this up. After the dust had settled, the investigating agencies would eventually zero in on this overseas limb. And that pretty much ended the investigation.
Old 26th July 2009, 16:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Does India have anything secret going on that we should know about??
How are we supposed to know about it if its meant to be a secret?
Old 26th July 2009, 19:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh View Post
How are we supposed to know about it if its meant to be a secret?
i mean alledgedly. Something like Area 51..etc. There are ways to know and besides i always love a good yarn or conspiracy theory. I do know that ive seen several undescript large buildings on my travels throughout karnataka that look suspiciously modern compared to their surroundings. I think some of them are connected with the Nuclear energy/weapons programme but others i dunno
Old 26th July 2009, 20:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...was created by high energy transmitters owned by either Russia, China or both of them together. I dunno, i think its definetly possible.
What do they transmit? Electro magnetic radiation? How can it possibly affect weather? I do not think man can control mother nature in this big way, yet.

What is HAARP? there are few wiki results when I googled "HAARP site:wikipedia.org"
Old 27th July 2009, 00:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

and if there are ways to manipulate weather, let's create a mega storm in tora bora and surrounding areas.
Old 27th July 2009, 03:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

there were conspiracy theories about the plague epidemic in Surat(GJ) long back that Foreign Hand was behind it
Old 27th July 2009, 05:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

The hurricane was natural , but the disaster that followed was man-made. Stupid George W and his cronies.
Old 27th July 2009, 09:46   #12
BHPian

India definitely has secrets and so does every country in this world. remember the underground nuclear explosion and no one came to know in advance, well I remember someone telling me that the shortage of onions around the time was attributed to them being used to mask out the radiation, haha I couldn't believe it then nor now
Old 27th July 2009, 10:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does India have anything secret going on that we should know about??
One word: Balochistan.

Some more words: Katrina being man made was quite hilarious. As hilarious as man not landing on moon Our own Katrina bein Sal"MAN" made is quite tragic though.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
There was some famous book where it was described about controlling weather. Sorry not book, but novel. There at the end of the novel, it was mentioned that Russia had some high energy transmitters that they can use anytime to control weather. High chances for the same, but I wonder if mankind can control so much. Katrina was a huge natural calamity. It reduced to F4 when it hit US soil. It was F5 earlier.

Can hold some theory, but with speculation.
another interesting book to read on "wether terrorism" is State of Fear by Arthur hailey. seriously, that book makes you stop and think for a while about these so called "conspiracy theories".
Old 27th July 2009, 14:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
another interesting book to read on "wether terrorism" is State of Fear by Arthur hailey. seriously, that book makes you stop and think for a while about these so called "conspiracy theories".
Oh yeah.. and developed countries like the US should be most worried about such situations of natural calamity. The crime wave finds a peak during those times... the number of killings/robberies/rapes just shot up. It will be one of the most hostile places to live when law enforcement comes to a standstill - all of a sudden. On the other hand, Mumbai floods set an example on how people can co-operate during crisis situations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks