Team-BHP - Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62402-twentieth-anniversary-kargil-war-jo-shaheed-huye-hai-unki-jara-yaad-karo-qurbaani.html)

BHPians,

Today is the 10th Kargil Vijay Diwas.

I humbly request you to take a moment to salute and honour the memory of those bravehearts who laid down their life for our country. Also, let us express our thanks to the magnificient men & women of the Indian Armed and Para Military Forces who sacrifice so much to keep our country secure and free.

In remembrance and gratitude....

Vikram

Thanks for the thread....
Well, we can buy and enjoy our drives just because bravehearts are guarding us at the borders.
SALUTE TO ALL

Light a candle and say a two minute prayer for the selfless, brave and yet unsung hero of the country, the Indian soldier, many of whom laid down their lives in the Kargil war and countless who continue to fight for us in counter insurgency operations.

The loyal Indian soldier stands alone

It was a painful time for the nation. The political lethargy was stupendeous

It was you, Dear Brave Soldiers, who saved the nation. carry on....

Salutes!
Much Respect!

Just a simple Thank You and a Salute to You all the brave Men and Women of the Armed forces.

Somehow, whenever this day comes, I have tears in my eyes when I remember that someone gave up his life to protect my motherland and me. Its appalling to see and know that a soldier is treated like a third class citizen in this country of ours and his widow is sometimes left begging and having to run from door to door to get what they really deserve.

I remember this song from LOC:
"....bas itna yaad rahe, ek saathi aur bhi tha."

Thank you for starting this thread, comfortably numb. Two of my friends, Major Vivek Gupta and Lt Amit Singh gave their lives for the country during the Kargil war. Met Vivek while he was home for his last vacation in Doon and Amit spent the Diwali with me and my friends while he was a cadet at the IMA.

Proud of you guys.

Jai Jawan! Salutes.Indian Army is what protects us .Respect!

My senior in school who fought kargill war was a colonel then and got Vir Chakra and now a Brig, had recounted the stories after he came back when the war was over.

I wanted to join the military but couldn't do so for many reasons. I salute all those soldiers who guard our frontiers in near inhospitable conditions without a care for their life and limb. It is because of them that we & our progeny sleep in peace.

JAI HIND...

Lost many good friends. But I ahve to say this we as a nation have a very short and a sorry memory.

Can't say I know anybody who fought in the Kargil war. I was in US and was keenly following the reports from back home. Felt pretty bad about not being able to do anything about it. During my NCC days I had a dream of a military career, but soon I got to wear thick glasses, and that ended the thought.

Bumping this thread.

BHPians,

Today is Kargil Vijay Diwas. Please spare a thought for our brothers in arms who have sacrificed so much (and continue to do so), so that we civilians can enjoy our freedom.

With gratitude...

Vikram

Thanks vikram, for starting and bumping up this thread. The least we can do is to pay homage to our soldiers.

Hats off to these brave sons of the soil. No words can describe their supreme sacrifice. I bow to them and offer my sincerest gratitude.

JAI HIND...

Jai Hind fellow Indians. Let us be thankful to the brave soldiers who gave up their lives for me and you and to protect our motherland. Remember that there is someone who is braving the elements and risking his life by standing at the borders so that me and you can sleep peacefully at night.