Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 11:07   #46
BHPian

re: Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...

Remembering the brave men and women who laid their lives for their motherland.
Never shy away from giving a salute whenever you come across a soldier.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:41   #47
BHPian

re: Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...

On the anniversary of Vijay Diwas, let us all remember the supreme sacrifices made by brave souls! A quote loosely drawn from national anthem of USA which never fails to inspire!

Quote:
Our nation shall be land of the free so long as it is home of the brave
Old 26th July 2017, 11:50   #48
BHPian

No one can stand the might of our Indian Soldiers, but they are bound by our laws and keep their hands tied!!! Kudos to these Men and Women who are constantly guarding our boundaries at sub zero temperatures and keeping us safe. I vaguely remember an interview with a Brig., who said "If we were allowed to take things in our control, we will conquer our enemies in an hours time and hoist our FLAG in their capital"

Brave hearts lost for us to have a peaceful life. RESPECT & SALUTE to all the Kargil Hero's and to our ARMY, AIR FORCE AND NAVY.
Old 30th July 2017, 20:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for being a little late. My deepest respects to all members, present and past of our Armed Forces for their dedication to duty and service to the nation. Sadly they are tied down by faceless bureaucrats. Under the present Govt things, it is hoped, are changing.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 12:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
BHPians, on the 14th Kargil Vijay Diwas, please join me in commemorating the memory of our fallen brothers in arms.

Vikram
Wow Vikram. So great to see you diligently reminding people year after year about the forgotten heroes. Wish we had more of your kind. Respect.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 12:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Late but never forgotten. Jai Hind!
Old 26th July 2018, 09:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

BHPians, on the 19th Kargil Vijay Diwas, please join me in honouring the memories of our brothers in arms who laid down their lives for the supreme cause, and also to convey our respect and gratitude to all ex and current members of the Indian Armed Forces for their undying commitment and devotion to the defense of our country.

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-img20180726wa0001.jpg

Jai Hind!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 10:04   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BHPians, on the 19th Kargil Vijay Diwas, please join me in honouring the memories of our brothers in arms who laid down their lives for the supreme cause, and also to convey our respect and gratitude to all ex and current members of the Indian Armed Forces for their undying commitment and devotion to the defense of our country.
Jai Hind!
Cheers,
Vikram
Thank you Vikram. As a nation while we pride our Armed Forces we do not felicitate them in the way the Americans or Brits do. We for the most part don't even remember 26th July. How many even know when Bangladesh was liberated by the Indian Army. Or when is Navy day celebrated and why that date was picked or who the first Param Vir Chakra winner was and how he almost singlehandedly saved Kashmir in 1947. It is apparent by the lukewarm readership this thread has even on an august forum as Team BHP.

"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things righted,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted."

Param Vir Chakra winners of the Kargil War

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-pvc-vikram_batra-24p.jpg
Captain Vikram Batra, age 24, posthumous

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-pvc-capt-manoj_kumar_pandey-24p.jpg
Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey, age 24, posthumous

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-pvc-sanjay_kumar.jpg
Naib Subedar Sanjay Kumar, then aged 23 as a Rifleman

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-pvc-yogendra_singh_yadav_pvc.jpg
Subedar Major Yogender Singh Yadav, then aged 19 as a Grenadier

Last edited by V.Narayan : 26th July 2018 at 10:09.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 10:35   #54
BHPian

There's no way we can ever repay for their sacrifices, but all that I can give is "My Sincere Respect to These Brave Souls".

Apart from their sacrifices, I would like to narrate a small heart-warming incident:

May 2017, Khardung La Pass: I always want my Daughter to join the armed forces and I try to encourage her to talk to these bravehearts whenever we get a chance. So I sent her and my wife to Greet and talk Them and click some pics !! Since we were speaking in Kannada, they took my folks to introduce them to a Jawan from Karnataka who was resting in the bunker. When he heard he had guests from his region, he woke-up to talk to them, while the Jawans from other regions served my folks with hot water and tea. All of them in the bunker who were resting woke and spoke to my folks in such a friendly way. While leaving after talking for over 20mins, they stuffed my Daughter's pockets with dry fruits and everyone in the bunker came out to bid us Goodbye!!

Imagine, folks staying in hostile climate, a bunker which is flooded with water due to melting snow and continuous rains, treating people in such friendly way and giving us to eat whatever they have. My folks started crying for this gesture and told "Pappa, our relatives dont treat us this way, Salute to these people" Jai Hind!

Here are the memories:
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-img_2329.jpg
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-img_2334.jpg

Last edited by 2500cc : 26th July 2018 at 10:43.
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 14:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/a...r-lives/436414

Respect and salute to these 13 air warriors who lost their lives in the line of duty, and heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families.

One of them, Wing Commander GM Charles, was my school mate, 7 years my junior. Even though I did not know him personally, I have a horrible, hollow feeling right now. Probably just goes to show how true the below snippet from a poem by John Donne is:

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee

Rest in peace, brothers.
Old 24th July 2019, 11:21   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

20th Anniversary of Kargil Vijay Divas on 26th July 2019

The day after tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of India's victory against Pakistani Army infiltrators. A bitter conflict fought over 2 months. It is the highest battlefield after Siachen in the world. Lets remember our soldiers with respect and offer our silence for the 527 men who were killed. Earlier in 1999 Musharaf was talking 'peace' with Atal Bihari Vajpayee while simultaneously preparing for this ill advised campaign. Lessons for us to learn of the nature of our Western neighbour.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 24th July 2019 at 11:23.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 13:55   #57
BHPian

From youtube, interview of renowned Pakistani journalist (and cricket administrator) Mr. Najam Sethi on Kargil war. Very interesting to hear the analysis from the opposite side.

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

Part 3 :
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 08:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Fellow BHPians, today is the 20th anniversary of India's victory over Pakistan in the Kargil war.

Please join me in commemorating this occasion by paying tribute & expressing gratitude to the Indian Armed Forces, and honouring the exemplary gallantry they displayed in the best traditions of the Indian military.

Jai Hind!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 26th July 2019, 09:54   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians, today is the 20th anniversary of India's victory over Pakistan in the Kargil war.

Please join me in commemorating this occasion by paying tribute & expressing gratitude to the Indian Armed Forces, and honouring the exemplary gallantry they displayed in the best traditions of the Indian military.

Jai Hind!

Cheers,
Vikram
With you all the way. Jai Hind.
Old 26th July 2019, 10:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

My deepest respects to the brave heroes of Operation Vijay who laid down their lives for our country. Salute to all the soldiers who are dedicated even in the most demanding conditions to ensure that we lead a peaceful life.

It's good to see people on the forum diligently keeping this thread alive year after year but equally sad to see, in general, the laid back attitude of people towards these unsung heroes of our country.

Sharing a beautiful poem sent by a friend this morning:
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-img20190726wa0012.png

Jai Hind!

Last edited by self_driven : 26th July 2019 at 10:10.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed