Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 22:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

My respects to the Indian Armed Forces, and the brave officers who fought the battle valiantly.
Jai Hind!
Old 27th July 2010, 18:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Salute to the the soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I wanted to join the military but couldn't do so for many reasons. I salute all those soldiers who guard our frontiers in near inhospitable conditions without a care for their life and limb. It is because of them that we & our progeny sleep in peace.

JAI HIND...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
During my NCC days I had a dream of a military career, but soon I got to wear thick glasses, and that ended the thought.
me too, I was rejected in SSB twice, once in NDA and once in engineering stream. I realized I could serve better otherwise.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
During my NCC days I had a dream of a military career, but soon I got to wear thick glasses, and that ended the thought.
Same here! I wanted to join the Indian Airforce but had to back out due to vision problems. But my cousin made it and is still serving and currently posted in Bangalore. I am so proud of him.

Back to the topic. A salute to all the Martyrs who gave up their lives for us.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I realized I could serve better otherwise.
Good one! Paying taxes and following rules of the constitution are among one of the things a true patriot can do.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 27th July 2010 at 19:35.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Good one! Paying taxes and following rules of the constitution are among one of the things a true patriot can do.
>>> If we do just that - pay our taxes and duties regularly, and develop civic sense (don't litter, don't spit, observe the rules of the road, be patient etc.), our lives would be so much better.

We are a poor nation trying to stand up on its feet- and we can only do that if collectively we take care of the less fortunate, not by high profile, glitzy 'charity' but low profile, common sense policies from the government and private business. More and better education, health care, infrastructure and care of the environment.

If we do not develop our civic sense, we will not go anywhere.

We will get respect from the world when we respect ourselves and our constitution.

Regards
Old 28th July 2010, 01:10   #20
BHPian

Respect to all the credit and uncredited for laying and risking their lives in the extreme of conditions.

Respect to the defence personnel is what's lacking in our country. I read somewhere that in some countr(y/ies), people actually leave their seats for soldiers in buses/trains. No offense to anybody, but here we'll only find fat old ladies muttering that a fit and fine soldier is sitting while they have to stand.
Old 29th July 2010, 00:21   #21
BHPian

Thanks all for the wishes. It's nice to know that people are aware of such an issue.
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 09:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tenth Anniversary Of Kargil War: Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaan

Folks,

Today is the 12th Kargil Vijay Diwas.

Let us take a moment to express our thanks to our brothers in arms who are the guardians of our borders & freedom, and epitomize the spirit of sacrifice conveyed by the inscription below:

"When You Go Home,
Tell Them Of Us And Say,
For Their Tomorrow,
We Gave Our Today"

If you have a war memorial in your city/town, please do visit it.

In remembrance and gratitude....

Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 09:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tenth Anniversary Of Kargil War: Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaan

Thanks Vikram for bumping this thread. A salute to all those brave soldiers who are guardians of our sovereignty..!

Jai Hind.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

I salute all those brave soldiers and their families, without whom my life wouldn't be so secured!

Jai Hind
Old 26th July 2011, 11:51   #25
Joy
BHPian

Me too salutes all those brave soldiers who suffers extreme hostile conditions just to make sure we live a normal life.

Salute to them and their families.

Jai Hind.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:14   #26
Team-BHP Support

I took these pics at the Kargil War memorial at Drass.
Will give you people a fair idea about what our soldiers went through
The memorial
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672415796_xbplsl.jpg

Looking towards the Tiger hill
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672416612_tx2esl.jpg

The Shaheed samarak
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672418661_fi7fdl.jpg

engraved with the names of the brave soldiers. They all died for their country
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672419939_myygql.jpg

Inside the complex, there are photo walls with actual war photographs
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672420999_scyy3l.jpg

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672423199_snrzel.jpg

Articles captured from the terrorists
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672424217_5cxcil.jpgTwentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672426270_bww69l.jpg

Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-672425204_6zqt8l.jpg

OP Vijay

A close look at the tiger hill
Twentieth Anniversary Of Kargil War! Jo shaheed huye hai unki, jara yaad karo qurbaani...-673420067_mvqkvl.jpg
tsk1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 12:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Salute the real Heroes!

No words can describe their bravery and contribution!
Old 26th July 2011, 21:19   #28
BHPian

Salute to the heroes. It is because of them that we live in a much secure environment.
Old 26th July 2011, 23:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Jai Jawan. Salutes to Sheelz sir Neels and other faujis. A martyr is never forgotten. may the Glory of Forces continue. You shall never be forgotten. Jai Hind.

"Not by action, Not by progeny, Not by wealth,
But by sacrifice alone can immortal goal be achieved" - Upanishad

Parade Salami degaa, Salami shasth.

Pay your homage:

Official Website of Indian Army
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 10:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

13th Kargil Vijay Diwas

On the occasion of the 13th Kargil Vijay Diwas, please spare a moment today to pay your respects and say a heartfelt thanks to our brothers in arms.

In gratitude & remembrance....

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks