Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2005, 22:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Led Zeppelin

Hey

I'm a huge Zep fan. I was watching the last 5 mins of Biography of theirs, and I wanted to know:

1. What is the true meaning behind Stairway?
2. What do the signs mean? The individual signs for each member.

All you LedZeppers, please help!!!
Old 27th June 2005, 00:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude...what i know of that track is about a girl who does drugs .... (shes buying a stairway to heaven)....

it talks about how sometimes even though we know how bad some things are for us we go ahead and do them anyways because we want to "be sure"....like drugs
(theres a sign on the wall, but she wants to be sure, cause you know sometimes words have two meanings).

(theres a feeling I get when I look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving...it makes me wonder)...the way the girl feels when she is on drugs...

zappppa for everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old 27th June 2005, 16:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

wow. did NOT know that. legend normally has it that the song is about a celtic doomsday cult. plant just finished reading a book on celtic history before writing it.
Old 27th June 2005, 21:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

can you elaborate on this doomsday cult ? i am sure there are different notions of this this song ...

it was said ...that the reverse playback of this song has some Satanic message ..whichi think is complete bull...
Old 27th June 2005, 21:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

that reverse play back is supposed to be the anti christ thingy....any of these anti christ groups had recorded it on their albums such tha if played backwards...satanic messages could be heard....
dont believe it though

some of the bands which are "supposed" to be anti-christ are:
1.AC/DC
2. EAGLES

Last edited by iceman91 : 27th June 2005 at 21:47.
Old 27th June 2005, 21:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

few bands which ARE actually anti christ or sing about devils and demons

Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Rob Zombie

Quote:
some of the bands which are "supposed" to be anti-christ are:
1.AC/DC
2. EAGLES
3. Bryan adams - summer of 69
haha
Old 27th June 2005, 23:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

It's true. Stairway to Heaven contains back-masked messages. I've heard it. You have to know where to look, and what you're listening for. Oh my sweet Satan, he took me down to the tool shed... comes where "if there's a bustle in your hedgerow" is.

Robert Plant was furious when this became public. He refused all claims that it was his idea, and vilified the press for turning the labour of his love into something Satanic. He denies all such claims to this day. But it was always Jimmy Page who was the occult-dabbler.

Hotel California also contains back-masking. But why reverse, it's there in the song proper.
"stabbed it with the steely knife, but still couldn't kill the beast" "you can never leave" are references to Satan.

AC/DC supposedly stands for Anti-Christ Devil's Children.

Marilyn Manson claims he is the Antichrist Superstar. "Hopefully, I'll be remembered as the man who brought about the end to Christianity!"

Ozzy/Sabbath are also major Satanists. Ozzy denies it, calling it all a publicity stunt, but some things are beyond mere stunts. His replacement on Sabbath admitted to being a Satanist.

The church of Satan was founded in LA in 1969. It existed on a street called California St. Hence the name "Hotel California". 69 also appears as "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969". And as the seemingly innocuous "Summer of '69"!!!

ps. Still not much info on stairway, or the signs of the members!!!

Last edited by v1p3r : 27th June 2005 at 23:05.

Most Viewed