Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 23:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

These laws are practically a joke. If somebody wants to do wrong, they manage it with different SIM cards. The people who do wrong manage to get the sims, no matter how tough and vast the law is. I read in newspapers that " a person who supplied sims is arrested in xyz case ".

These laws are very irritating specially for those who are students and prefer to live in rented house rather than hostel ( ragging is the reason ). I dont know about other states, but in my society itself I have seen this happen. No Gas connection, no telephone, etc. The students are forced to use mobiles on STD.

The good will be troubled and the bad will manage what they want.
Old 30th July 2009, 08:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Listen yaar, you chill.

Just check your PM - I have a solution for you!
Old 30th July 2009, 12:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, go to the MTNL Office on Mathura Road (near the New Friends Colony community centre Traffic intersection). I think they'll be able to resolve your problem.

When we (colleague & I) got our connections, my Proof of Address was my Passport - they didn't even ask if it was a rented house or own. As long as you can show legitimate proof (as per what their website says), I cannot understand what the issue is. Perhaps they are giving incorrect info on the phone.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:30   #19
Team-BHP Support

I checked with Sanchar Haats also.
You are right they do not care about Rented or Permanent, but the address proofs they ask are either Passport, or Electricity bill or bsnl landline bill.
Now the problem is that I have an airtel landline, and my passport was made long time back.
Thats why the problem is there.
I guess I will get BSNL from PB where I have permanent address.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I checked with Sanchar Haats also.
You are right they do not care about Rented or Permanent, but the address proofs they ask are either Passport, or Electricity bill or bsnl landline bill.
What if you submit Electricity Bill (landlord's name) and the Rent agreement with the landlord? Might work............
Old 30th July 2009, 13:25   #21
Team-BHP Support

I checked that option, they say no go. It has to be in my name.
They will not take Gas card or Airtel landline bill as proof, nor will they take bank statement as address proof.
I think I will go BSNL PB route.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I checked that option, they say no go. It has to be in my name.
They will not take Gas card or Airtel landline bill as proof, nor will they take bank statement as address proof.
I think I will go BSNL PB route.
But with the Passport copy there should not be any problem and most of them would be having this basic thing.

In one way it's good, but even there are duplicate passports doing rounds and that needs to be restricted or all the efforts gone in vain.

Last edited by gowda79 : 30th July 2009 at 14:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks