Team-BHP - Booking flight tickets on MakeMyTrip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Booking flight tickets on MakeMyTrip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62799-booking-flight-tickets-makemytrip.html)

I'm gonna book air tickets for my brother-in-Law on MakeMyTrip.com
He's gonna fly Chennai-Mumbai on 29th August.
MakeMy Trip offers the cheapest option - Jet Konnect @ Rs. 2690 (he needs to fly mid-day)
The Jet Konnect official site says about 3300Rs.
I've heard a lot of bad news about MakeMyTrip and so am thinking twice before booking.
Any advice?

Had to do an urgent travel from Mum-rajkot on 9th July due to death in the family. I got cheaper rates for the same jet connect flight on makemytrip as compared to the jet website. I did book my travel with makemytrip. did not have any hassles.

Saw this travel insurance offer on the booking page - is it worth it? Costs just Rs. 111
Quote:

Secure your trip with Domestic Travel Insurance exclusively designed for MakeMyTrip guests - brought to you by Apollo DKV Insurance Company Limited at a very low premium of Rs.111/- per person only! Your Easy Domestic Travel Insurance covers:
1. Trip cancellation & curtailment due to personal contingencies up to Rs.15,000.
2. Return economy airfare and accommodation expenses for a one immediate family member in case of traveler’s hospitalization up to Rs.10,000 each.
3. Reimbursement of medical expenses in case of treatment of accidental injuries up to Rs.100,000.
4. Checked in baggage loss up to Rs.7, 500.

Had no problems with makemytrip so far, skip the insurance and save yourself 111 bucks.

I use both makemytrip and yatra very often, saves me the hassle of finding comparative flight prices.
Personally I've had zero trouble with either.

However my sister and BIL had a bad episode with makemytrip where they were issued tickets but the airline showed no reservation. It happened only once and even though it was a bit of a hassle, we did get a full refund.

I use both quite often.

used makemytrip and yatra extensively and not a single problem till date. As Sam has stated, it saves the hassale of finding comparitive flight prices too.

infact , as i am typing this, i am booking a air ticket on makemytrip :)

I have never faced any problems with MMT.

However, If you still want to reconfirm your doubts, check out Cheap Tickets India, Low Air Fares Booking, International Airline Tickets, Online Flights Booking - iXiGO.com (easyGO, ezee Go, eazyGo) Air Travel Site. It collates best fares from all AIRLINE websites. For booking the link takes you directly to the airline website. So no doubt of transaction failure. Plus,it shows some flights which MMT/CT wont show e.g. Air India Express (which has the lowest DEL-MUM fare on Tuesdays)

Same here. Even i used MMT quite often and found them to be quite professional. And, in most other cases, i directly go to the website of Spicejet and Indigo and on their websites too i found the ticket prices quite reasonable and without any hassles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1412236)
Same here. Even i used MMT quite often and found them to be quite professional. And, in most other cases, i directly go to the website of Spicejet and Indigo and on their websites too i found the ticket prices quite reasonable and without any hassles.

I will suggest you to avoid Indigo if u get better Airlines giving some extra bucks. They have not allowed me to board once as I was delayed at airport just for 3 Min. It was early morning 6 AM and raining heavily in Bangalore.:Frustrati

Use MMT anytime - I personally prefer ClearTrip because they have the best layout. I've used both and am happy. The rates are always quite similar!

And yes, fly any airline but Indigo if you have a 0.1% chance of being delayed. They are the selfishest airline in the skies. I would recommend Spicejet ANYDAY!

Well ,

In my recent exp, I checked the price on MMT, checked on jetlite. Both were same.
Just to confirm called jetlite and they had lower price tickets only for 2 seats. So I saved almost 15% compared to website.

Moral of the story , always call and confirm , You may be lucky to get a better deal

I always check prices on Travelguru.com and book from the airlines site directly.
The difference is marginal.
Ive noticed one thing. Some Indigo tickets are shown as Non refundable on Indigo website, but are refundable on Travelguru. Not sure how thats possible.
Travelguru rates for the same flight are slightly cheaper than Cleartrip.

I finally booked the ticket on MMT. No problems and got the PNR number and saw the status on Jet Konnect site too with this PNR number. So far, so good

I have used both makemytrip and travelguru. Zero hassles. I do check on the airlines site as well to see the best deal. could be on any of some other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1412271)
I will suggest you to avoid Indigo if u get better Airlines giving some extra bucks. They have not allowed me to board once as I was delayed at airport just for 3 Min. It was early morning 6 AM and raining heavily in Bangalore.:Frustrati

OT : even Kingfisher didn't allowed me to board for being delayed for 5 minutes.