Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 16th July 2019, 10:23   #76
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing

The water crisis is getting real all over India and it makes a lot of sense as responsible citizens to do our part in conserving water. I would suggest people buying Bathroom fittings for their new homes to buy the water saving nozzles/aerators for the taps in wash basins and the kitchen.

Cross posting my recent experience with our Jaquar taps here (The water crisis in Bangalore)
Old 17th January 2020, 14:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Facing a frustrating problem, Moved into a new apartment complex, the hot water pressure from the geyser is pathetic, seems the water is being pumped up to my floor from ground, and mine is the highest floor in the pumps subscribers, from one floor above to the terrance the water flows down, so the top floor and my floor have low water pressure.
I was looking for recommendations for CP fittings and landed here on Team-BHP!

Not sure if this was fixed, but I have a similar problem and after evaluating multiple options have decided to install an in-line pressure booster pump.

These are meant to be connected/coupled directly to the geyser inlet value and will considerably increase the water pressure. Feel free to PM me if you need additional info.

Here are the models I have shortlisted for our 25 Litre AO Smith geyser:

Kirloskar SJIL 1112
Grundfos UPA 120 Auto
Crompton Miniforce 2
Lubi LPD - 120
Old 17th January 2020, 14:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Not sure if this was fixed, but I have a similar problem and after evaluating multiple options have decided to install an in-line pressure booster pump.

Kirloskar SJIL 1112
Grundfos UPA 120 Auto
Crompton Miniforce 2
Lubi LPD - 120
I was looking for something to increase the output flow of all taps on the upper floor bathroom. Does any of the above fit the bill or is it only for use with geyser?
Old 17th January 2020, 16:06   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
I was looking for something to increase the output flow of all taps on the upper floor bathroom. Does any of the above fit the bill or is it only for use with geyser?
They do, but you may need to look at a higher pressure rating to boost the line feeding the entire floor. It is usually common to boost the source line to provide uniform pressure to all outlets.
Old 20th September 2020, 23:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Any opinions on brand Vitra for bathroom fittings? Is it a well known brand ?
Shopkeeper says its better than jaquar ( grohe being topmost in both quality and price)

Most Viewed