Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 10:23   #76
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing

The water crisis is getting real all over India and it makes a lot of sense as responsible citizens to do our part in conserving water. I would suggest people buying Bathroom fittings for their new homes to buy the water saving nozzles/aerators for the taps in wash basins and the kitchen.

Cross posting my recent experience with our Jaquar taps here (The water crisis in Bangalore)
Old 17th January 2020, 14:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Facing a frustrating problem, Moved into a new apartment complex, the hot water pressure from the geyser is pathetic, seems the water is being pumped up to my floor from ground, and mine is the highest floor in the pumps subscribers, from one floor above to the terrance the water flows down, so the top floor and my floor have low water pressure.
I was looking for recommendations for CP fittings and landed here on Team-BHP!

Not sure if this was fixed, but I have a similar problem and after evaluating multiple options have decided to install an in-line pressure booster pump.

These are meant to be connected/coupled directly to the geyser inlet value and will considerably increase the water pressure. Feel free to PM me if you need additional info.

Here are the models I have shortlisted for our 25 Litre AO Smith geyser:

Kirloskar SJIL 1112
Grundfos UPA 120 Auto
Crompton Miniforce 2
Lubi LPD - 120
Old 17th January 2020, 14:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Not sure if this was fixed, but I have a similar problem and after evaluating multiple options have decided to install an in-line pressure booster pump.

Kirloskar SJIL 1112
Grundfos UPA 120 Auto
Crompton Miniforce 2
Lubi LPD - 120
I was looking for something to increase the output flow of all taps on the upper floor bathroom. Does any of the above fit the bill or is it only for use with geyser?
Old 17th January 2020, 16:06   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
I was looking for something to increase the output flow of all taps on the upper floor bathroom. Does any of the above fit the bill or is it only for use with geyser?
They do, but you may need to look at a higher pressure rating to boost the line feeding the entire floor. It is usually common to boost the source line to provide uniform pressure to all outlets.
Old 20th September 2020, 23:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Any opinions on brand Vitra for bathroom fittings? Is it a well known brand ?
Shopkeeper says its better than jaquar ( grohe being topmost in both quality and price)
Old 6th May 2023, 21:15   #81
BHPian

Re: All about Bathroom fittings and plumbing

Hello all,
I have a query regarding the sanitary ware brand Aquant. How good is it in terms of quality, features (like anti-stain, etc.) and durability when compared to foreign brands like Toto, Grohe?
Old 6th May 2023, 23:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Any opinions on brand Vitra for bathroom fittings? Is it a well known brand ?
Shopkeeper says its better than jaquar ( grohe being topmost in both quality and price)
I don't know anything about the brand, but i know this, shopkeepers push brands that give the highest commission. 10 years later the brand may not even be around when your plumbing starts leaking.

Speaking from personal experience.
Old 28th May 2023, 20:15   #83
BHPian

Hi all,
I am looking to buy bathroom washbasin, shower-head and faucet. Confused between jaquar and (toto/kohler/grohe). jaquar is much cheaper. I am wondering about the benefit of toto/kohler/grohe. I understand they are luxury brands. But is the premium over jaquar worth it?
Old 1st June 2023, 20:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to fit two geysers and have them service the same bathroom with an easily accessible valve somewhere to switch between them ? Asking because I plan to install a bathtub and that would need a a large storage geyser to fill it. For the other times just for showering a smaller storage or instant geyser would make sense so I was wondering if an option to switch between the two was possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi all,
I am looking to buy bathroom washbasin, shower-head and faucet. Confused between jaquar and (toto/kohler/grohe). jaquar is much cheaper. I am wondering about the benefit of toto/kohler/grohe. I understand they are luxury brands. But is the premium over jaquar worth it?
I would spend the money on Grohe. The overall quality is much better than Jaguar and their service and warranty is also good. If it's for personal use and long term then definitely go for it.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 11:48   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi all,
Go with Jaguar for the moving parts the may require maintenance and repairs. Go with fancier brands for static parts like washbasin, commode, etc. All the chrome bits will look like *&$% after a few months because of the poor quality water and housekeeping. If there is any technical issue with fancy brands, you will not be able to service them easily and often times you will have to replace the whole item instead of a cheap rubber o-ring, etc. Go with the brand that's reasonably priced, that most plumbers can fix and easy to get spare parts when needed.

Prioritise ease of maintenance/repair over fancy designs. Save money by avoiding complicated mechanisms (hot+cold mixers where not required, concealed flush tanks, etc.). Make sure you have plenty of spots to turn off the water supply so that repairs can be carried out or leaking flush tanks, etc. can be turned off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Is it possible to fit two geysers and have them service the same bathroom with an easily accessible valve somewhere to switch between them ? Asking because I plan to install a bathtub and that would need a a large storage geyser to fill it. For the other times just for showering a smaller storage or instant geyser would make sense so I was wondering if an option to switch between the two was possible.
If you don't use the geyser regularly, the stagnated water in the storage tank will stink and it's impossible to get rid of it without going for a professional cleaning. If this is for an independent house, look for a centralised heat pump based water heater. IMO, nobody should go for individual geysers in case of an independent house.

Last edited by androdev : 4th June 2023 at 11:54.
androdev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 11:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
No storage geyser will be large enough to fill a tub.

IMHO it would be better to go for the highest wattage instant geyser you can find.

This is the highest rating I could find 5.5kWh

https://amzn.eu/d/490RHzv

Last edited by SedateGuy : 4th June 2023 at 12:10.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 11:40   #87
BHPian

We are in the process of selecting bath & sanitaryware for our new house. I am looking at the options available for wall-mount WC and CP fittings. The major downside of using wall-mount WC is hard-water for which I am planning to install a water softner in the main line. Was considering the S-Trap half-frame Concealed unit from Jaquar. Can the concealed unit be serviced properly if needed from the flush plate opening or will the tiles have to be removed for servicing the concealed units?

Jaquar is promising 10yrs warranty on it's products but the reviews online aren't very convincing. Anyone has any experience claiming warranty for Jauqar products? What other brands can be considered for medium budget setup? I see a lot of Cera, Parryware, Hindware products everywhere, not sure of their durability and warranty support. Any insights?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks