Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:33   #1
BHPian

My wish!A multi level car & bike essential mall!

guys this might sound crazy but yes i always dreamt of a multi level car & bike essential mall!cannot call it a workshop but definitely a mall,something like Forum which is located in koramangala(bangalore)
the mall should have everthing from a plastic bumper lock clip to the best after market bolts for the engine casing,a normal rib tyre to the best off roading tyres,all original stock headlamps,taillamps to the most happening pencil beams for a vehicle,
minimum of two floors maximum of 5,
state of the art facilities all under one roof,
first of all,counselling of the owner on what is his requirement & what is his budget & also know his taste of quality,make him sit in a good lounge bar from where he can see the car being done up.(total satisfaction to the owner)
give him clearity on the estimated time for the work to be done & an estimate of the invoice also,
jobs to be done by the best proffesionals in the country,
hand pick one by one the best guys in the market for respective works & give them a space in the mall for their work to be done.
do the work according to the to do list,first the interior than the exterior,usally opposite with all the garages in the city,
make sure there will be no scratches on the vehicle what so ever,
customised paint,chroming,buffing,screen films,tyres,under the bonnet accessories,
most of the cars shine from outside but under the bonnet its always dirty,just like color plus trousers & shirts but the underwear with a hole inside
educate the customers on the importance of under chassis anti rust paint,
give them a live demo of all the sound systems available in the market in a customised cabin which makes you feel like you sitting in you car,(it is possible,can be done)
a good dyno for bikes & cars,
perfomance mods with a lot of detailing,also educate the owner on what it is & just not take all the money from him.
lot of space for the restoration of our vintage collection available,
dedicated floor for the restoration with paint booths,
to make it easy to source all available spares for classic & vintages with all part numbers,part numbers to be found according to the model,year of manufacture & the manufacturer,
little more to write till then let me get some feed back,also some drooling from the bhpians.
i might need a few 100 crs for this which i dont have as of now.but let me put it on papers if i have the dough in my life i shall do it.engine swaps,NOS installation,headers, all that to follow as we move on

Last edited by nandishpal : 3rd August 2009 at 16:34.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:08   #2
BANNED

I also always have a dream about this one. Your and my frequency is almost same. After coming from office i used to go to a Car garage and give them some idea. But there work is stereo type. Same servicing and replace of old parts and they are happy with it. But Now i am trying to start small garage and develop it for 10years so that after my retatirment i will takecare of it.

Thanks

S. Das

Last edited by mituadas : 3rd August 2009 at 20:09.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:36   #3
BHPian

Good Idea

Nandish this is a good idea, and yea for sure requires alot of money. I had read about this idea some time back in one of the leading news papers & "GTO Sir" had posted this article on TBHP!

Find the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ps-coming.html
Old 4th August 2009, 11:34   #4
BHPian

the link that GTO has written is mainly for new cars,this is something very big,much beyond the reach of a common man (atleast me)
my main intention here is to make the owner feel top of the world.usally when a customer wants power in his car he approaches the mechanic & the mechanic promises all the power for a lump sum of money,all he does is a header,a filter(unproffesionally)the customer thinks the vehicle is fast because of the sound the header makes but there would be 0% perfomance from the car,i have seen people spend like hell on accessories,they would be really expensive but the taste would be really bad,same with ice in the car,only a few listed companies are being sold in the market,
Customer should drive,ride out with all the knowledge of what has been done in his vehicle,that is what I always wanted but always got disatisfactory respose from service centres.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:06   #5
BHPian

i know of a place in bangalore which is just what i have written & can be started in a month if everything goes right,but did not get any response from the existing owner of the place.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

If ease of shopping is what you are expecting from the mall, then there is such a concept in Chennai called "Haute Car Zone". Unlike GP Road, where parking is a nuisance, shops are cluttered and shopping a nightmare, this showroom is airconditioned and shopping is made easy.

But such shops will have a major drawback. You need to pay a premium for such an experience and almost everything will be on MRP with absolutely no discounts. Whatever is printed on the package is the final price.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

+1

I'd much rather mug up on teambhp and get 10-25% discounts anyday. Sorry no auto mall for me
Old 4th August 2009, 12:49   #8
BHPian

brother this is not goin to be a shop but a place where in if you come in you will be guided according to your budget,mostly will give a demo through computers if possible for the changes that will happen & there will be live ice demo in a customised cabin.whatever accessories will be purchased from the mall will be fixed here mandatory.
accessories that this mall will sell will not be available in the market outside.this is what is thought(possible)the prices are going to be competitve to the market outside.customers will only gain more & more in profits & we will make loss only in profits to keep the customer happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
If ease of shopping is what you are expecting from the mall, then there is such a concept in Chennai called "Haute Car Zone". Unlike GP Road, where parking is a nuisance, shops are cluttered and shopping a nightmare, this showroom is airconditioned and shopping is made easy.

But such shops will have a major drawback. You need to pay a premium for such an experience and almost everything will be on MRP with absolutely no discounts. Whatever is printed on the package is the final price.

Last edited by nandishpal : 4th August 2009 at 12:52.
Old 4th August 2009, 13:02   #9
BHPian

window shopping for you will very much be allowed brother
also team bhp is not going any where,team bhp is going to be the biggest support & the greatest critic for the idea to be a success.
if quality,quantity,pricing & commitment is delivered team bhp gurantees success you bet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
+1

I'd much rather mug up on teambhp and get 10-25% discounts anyday. Sorry no auto mall for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks