Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 22:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey Amdavadis!

I'll be visiting my folks soon and wanted a list of places serving good non-veg food. I'll be in Prahlad Nagar, so some place close by would be great.

Thanks a lot guys!

PS: Any meets coming up?

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th October 2010 at 23:05. Reason: @EssYouWe: You know it's not allowed. No Exceptions at all. Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 19:48   #32
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Ahmedabad

A foodie who loves non-veg food lands up in ahmedabad , so what does he do?
Nothing , he finds the best non-veg joints in the city

The best thing about ahmedabad is that almost everywhere you find UNLIMITED LUNCH restaurants .

So here goes the list for my favorite unlimited LUNCH restaurants :-

1) Pleasure Trove :- 275 Non-Veg and 150 Veg.
Right from the ambiance to the food , you will love everything.
You get a full course meal from soups to desert and yes everythings unlimited other than deserts.Its located on Ashram Road Sakar 7.

2) Curries :- 250 Non-Veg and 175 Veg .
Im sure most of you might be knowing about this restaurant not because of its amazing food but because it is located right above the AUDI showroom
The quality of food is slightly better than Pleasure Trove but then you only get one starter which is not unlimited , rest everything is though . Their Cheese jalapeno soup is to die for .
Located on S.G. Highway right above the AUDI showroom im sure you will find it :P

3)Punjab Di Galli :- 199 Non-Veg and 175 Veg.
This place is amazing for the price you pay. The food is delicious and the starters are amazingly good . You will find Unlimited Lunch here as well.
Prahalad Nagar , on the right side when you enter through the Anand Nagar lane.

4) Cafe Americano :- Rs. 145 Non-Veg & 120 Veg Dinner Rs. 145 (Veg), Rs. 175 (Non-Veg)
Finally a place where you can have Unlimited Non-Veg pizzas . Rest everything including the starters and the salads are average but the pizzas are nice .
S.G. Highway , Dev Arc mall.

BUDGET NON VEG RESTAURANTS :-

If you are on a tight budget then the two options listed below can be tried out , and i must tell you although their prices are less but their food is pure authentic .

1) Akbari :- Its one of the oldest non-veg restaurants in ahmedabad and is located in old ahmedabad near lal darwaja . One person can easily have a full fledged dinner for under Rs .100
Worth trying out of you don't mind the ambiance .

2) Raj Hotel :- Again a good place similar to Akbari but with slightly better ambiance. Its similar in terms of rates to Akbari .
Located near Wadaj.

If you guys love Non-Veg food then do give these places a try if you haven't all ready .
Old 19th October 2011, 14:42   #33
BHPian

Hi Everyone.

I will be visiting Ahmedabad all of next week and eating out every night

Any new places that have opened up in the last year that are worth visiting?
Preferably sticking to West Ahmedabad. Veg food only (don't mind if they serve Non-veg).
Love Punjabi/Gujrati food.
Old 9th December 2011, 17:13   #34
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I would like to add some of my favorite food places:

Not Just Grill: Multi-cuisine restaurant, near Prahalad Nagar Garden, serves some fabulous food. The live beverage counter gives a Bar like feeling in the dry state.

Haute Pepper: Multi Cuisine restaurant, near Iscon circle. Top notch quality (like German Cars, yes. lol) food, amazing services. I was surprised to see Saffron gravy in the Paneer Tikka.

Tropicana: Located @ Karnavati Club. Serves some fabulous International cuisines. The live pasta trolley gives a choice to prepare your own pasta's. The Japanese Sushi is to die for.

These are some places which may end up giving you a lighter wallet, but as a foodie you would always tempt to visit again & again.
Old 5th September 2012, 08:50   #35
BHPian

Found ths interesting article on rediff. Some eateries may have been mentioned earlier and some may be a strict no-no. However, any inputs for an adventurous foodie are welcome I guess !

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/repor...d/20120828.htm

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 5th September 2012 at 08:52.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Had dinner at Deanna yesterday. Fantastic Pesto pizza, cheese fondue and cheese ravioli! It's a must try for Italian food fanatics. The prices are on the higher side, but it's totally worth it. Deanna is situated next to Ristorante Amore, behind Rajpath Club, Opp Kensville Golf Academy.
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:55   #37
BHPian

Found another interesting article in Outlook Traveller for the culinary delights of Ahmedabad. The pictures are mouthwatering, and so must be the dishes I guess.

Here's the whole article:

http://travel.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?282146

Cheers !
Old 5th October 2012, 05:00   #38

This thread is making me salivate.
How I wish I could get my hands on Karnavati Dabeli right now in Mumbai.
The cold Cocoa at Janta is amazing.

Besides the above two, my absolutely HAVE-TO visit food place is Mehfil Restaurant. The cheese naan is to die for. It's so freaking delicious, you can have it without ordering any sabji. It's run by a sardarji and the food is probably the most authentic Punjabi you'll get anywhere in Ahmedabad, if not Gujarat.
Old 6th October 2012, 16:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Ah how do i miss this thread man, well one thing all missed out is the egg maggie at IIM food joints, awesome thing for the early breakfast with many more egg dishes.
Old 6th October 2012, 17:22   #40

Hey Guys,
Is there an eating out guide for Delhi. Please send me the link.

If NO, Delhiites please somebody make one
Thanks in advance
Old 21st December 2012, 13:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Well Quality of most of the Restaurant in AHm has gone down in recent times.
as i am a pure non-veg. I always go across the bridge to Simran. Small restaurant but great food. I visit there so often that the owner is a very good friend now.

ANd for chai you cannot miss the guy in front of IIM. He is a kind of celebrity there.
Sir Alec,

He is Dear rambhai aka Rambo. He is a very dear friend
There is also a website dedicated to him: rambhai.com

Incidentally, Cigarette shops are not allowed inside educational campuses in India, but Rambhai has a special custom made window

If anyone visits him, do a small favor, tell rambhai you are chulli's friend and that he remembers you
Old 21st December 2012, 16:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

The sarson da saag and makki di roti festival is on at Mirch Masala! This event happens every Winter season and is something not to be missed by North Indian cuisine lovers Feast on it.
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:38   #43
BHPian

Hi guys

I will be visiting Gujarat and will be stopping at Ahmedabad in the process, I want you guys to suggest me two restaurants for:

1) A good traditional unlimited thali, with regards to this I dont want a fancy themed place but a place which will feed good quality and unlimited traditional thali with a good spread. Please suggest only for dinner time as I will be going to this restaurant only for dinner.

2) A pure non veg buffet restaurant. I have taken note of Enigmatic's post but if there's anything new since then please suggest. Do mention if the buffet option is for lunch and dinner or either of them.

Was checking out Tripadvisor but am too confused so I thought which other place could give me the best answer other then Team-BHP.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi guys

I will be visiting Gujarat and will be stopping at Ahmedabad in the process, I want you guys to suggest me two restaurants for:

1) A good traditional unlimited thali, with regards to this I dont want a fancy themed place but a place which will feed good quality and unlimited traditional thali with a good spread. Please suggest only for dinner time as I will be going to this restaurant only for dinner.

2) A pure non veg buffet restaurant. I have taken note of Enigmatic's post but if there's anything new since then please suggest. Do mention if the buffet option is for lunch and dinner or either of them.

Was checking out Tripadvisor but am too confused so I thought which other place could give me the best answer other then Team-BHP.

For #1, you can visit a place called Ateethi on Judges Bungalow Road, Gordhan Thal on SG Highway or Ame Gujarati off SG Highway.

For#2, you can visit Mainland China at Gulmohar Mall, Curries on SG Highway, Punjab Di Galli on Anandnagar Road or Max's Kitchen on SG Highway (not sure if these guys have a buffet option but the non-veg is pretty good).

Details for all of them are available on Google.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 4th September 2013 at 15:04.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

My replies in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Hi guys

a. Gordhan Thal on SG Highway
b. Atithi, Nr Hotel Pride, Judges Bunglow Road.

a. BBQ Nation, Drive In Road. - Lunch & Dinner. Pay an x amount and hog away.
b. Kebab Factory, Hotel Radisson Blu
c. Hotel Fern, SG Highway

Is buffet compulsory?
If not, you can try

a. Mirch Masala, SG Highway
b. Awadhpuri, Prahladhnagar Road.
c. Chawlas, Near Sunrise Park, Vastrapur.
d. Cafe Upper Crust, Vijay Cross Roads
e. Goodies Cafe. Opp. AMA, IIM Road.

Most Viewed